Nice Story...:) I'm Following...:)

See mine if u want!

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

See mine if u want!

See mine if u want!

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

See mine if u want!

Superb, thanks mate. Yeah will check in on yours.

Thanks.

Here is league table with 8 games remaining, and I have Luton to play still!!

Going into the last stages of the season, and it was a two horse race in the league with us and Luton fighting it out for the only automatic place, although we had guaranteed a play off place, 1st place is what we wanted and we were going to have to work hard to get it.

FA Trophy 4th Round

AFC WIMBLEDON 1 - 0 FOREST GREEN

images

One way traffic in this game and having decided to rest some players, was hoping for a few more goals, but in the cup as long as you score more than your opponents it doesn't matter.A Sammy Moore(Pen,26) was enough to put us in the hat for the semi final draw.
Luton Town await us in the two legged semi final!!!

MATCHDAY 35

AFC WIMBLEDON 3 - 0 DARLINGTON

images

We knew that every league game was a must win game from now till the end of the season, and the boys put on a great show today. Nikola Saric(20) got his first for the club, Danny Kedwell(40) and Sammy Moore(60) gave us a well deserved victory.

MATCHDAY 36

FLEETWOOD 0 - 2 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

Another tough game against a Fleetwood side that was scoring on a regular basis. Despite the few dodgy defending episodes in recent months, we defended and shut out the Fleetwood strikers. Nikola Saric(29) and Steven Gregory(88) were the heroes in front of goal.

FA Trophy Semi Final 1st Leg

LUTON TOWN 1 - 3 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

WOW!! What a result, following on from a tough away game against Fleetwood in midweek, we faced an in-form Luton team and it was an epic performance by us. Danny Kedwell(10) eased the early nerves and things got better when Sammy Moore(36) doubled our lead. Jake Howells(56) got Luton back in it, but Kedwell(71) struck again to give us a 2 goal advantage going into the second leg.

MATCHDAY 37

AFC WIMBLEDON 2 - 1 YORK

images

It was a very close affair tonight, and after the previous run of games I had to make a few changes, and it took a while for us to get into our rhythm. It didn't help that Ashley Chambers(5) gave York an early lead, but we got back into it through Fraser Franks(37) and there was an unlikely hero who scored the winner, Jon Obika(57) showed me just why I brought him in, with a great solo effort and finally ended his goal scoring drought.

FA Trophy Semi Final 2nd Leg

AFC WIMBLEDON 3 - 2 LUTON TOWN
(AFC Wimbledon win 6-3 on aggregate)

images

The fans packed into the Kingsmeadow Stadium for what was a cracker of a game. Ryan Jackson(2) settled any early worries and then a Nikola Saric(32) strike got the fans in the mood for a Wembley visit, Zdenek Kroca(36) pulled Luton back into touch distance and reminded the fans to not get too carried away. But the home side were cheering a minute later Nikola Saric(37) getting his second. Jason Walker(83) scored a late consolation. Shane Blackett(Sent off,17) did give us the confidence we could see the job out.
Dover await in the Final!!!!!

MATCHDAY 38

WREXHAM 1 - 2 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

We had to make sure the excitement of reaching the final was put to the back of our minds, but the high team morale was kept to help us win this tough away challenge. The prolific Andy Morrell(28) quietened the travelling away fans. But in the second they were raising the roof again as goals from Christian Jolley(56) and Danny Kedwell(85) sealed a fantastic comeback.

***** TRANSFER NEWS *****

AFC Wimbledon manager Andy Samuels has brought in Chelsea midfielder Michael Woods on a 3 month loan. Woods has been signed to help ease the loss of Sammy Moore who has been ruled out of the final months of the season. ''Michael will provide an ideal replacement for Sammy and will slot in with ease into the centre of our midfield. We all wish Sammy a quick recovery''.

MATCHDAY 39

AFC WIMBLEDON 5 - 2 TAMWORTH

images

We started off great against a struggling Tamworth side Michael Woods(9) and Ismail Yakubu(38) continuing our fine form in front of goal, but Jamil Adam(41) and Kyle Perry(45) quick goals made the score level at half time. I was thinking that our recent good form was going to come to an end, but with the goalscoring potential we possess we scored three goals in the last 15 minutes from Danny Kedwell(Pen,76) ,Kirk Hudson(81) and Jon Obika(88).

MATCHDAY 40

MANSFIELD 3 - 1 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

Oh dear, following a great run of form, we came down to earth with a massive bump. All credit to Mansfield as they stopped our attacking threat all over the pitch. Keigan Parker(38), Brett Johnson(O.G,68) and Callum O'Connor(92) scored the crucial goals for the home side, Nikola Saric(84) pulled a goal back for us, but it wasn't the start of a great comeback.

*****Next Update will include last 5 league games, FA Trophy Final and the End Of Season Roll of Honour. :)

Had a look through and you have done very well! Like your updates too. :)

Had a look through and you have done very well! Like your updates too. :)

Cheers buddy, hope u will continue to follow.

Thank you.

---------- Post added at 05:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

Just finished off season and will update tomorrow when I get back from coaching. It's been very exciting and nerve wracking finale.

Cheers

Count me in as a follower, hopefully you'll do better than I do when I start an AFC Wimbledon save, get to league 1 relatively easily then realize I'm in a financial crisis that I can't recover from and stuck at lower-mid table indefinitely. I like how you're retaining a lot of the players though. Great read, KIU! I'll be anxiously awaiting the next update.

Count me in as a follower, hopefully you'll do better than I do when I start an AFC Wimbledon save, get to league 1 relatively easily then realize I'm in a financial crisis that I can't recover from and stuck at lower-mid table indefinitely. I like how you're retaining a lot of the players though. Great read, KIU! I'll be anxiously awaiting the next update.

Thanks mate, appreciate the comments. Yeah I felt I only needed 2 or 3 quality young loan players. Had a nice cup run which got me abit of extra cash and in final of FA Trophy. We will see what happens, but hopefully not making too many changes and training players up I will be ok.

Next update tomorrow. Keep following.

Thanks.

Surprised Luton is right on your tail. Or at least when you posted the standings. Should easily handle the league next year, but will see how you do the year after. Some good signings, and keep dominating the league cause it soon will stop.

Surprised Luton is right on your tail. Or at least when you posted the standings. Should easily handle the league next year, but will see how you do the year after. Some good signings, and keep dominating the league cause it soon will stop.

Yeah I know, they've pushed me all the way. Thanks for the comments mate. Will check in on yours again when I get back from coaching. Final season update will be posted then aswell.

Cheers

We reached the buisness end of the season where the race for promotion was hotting up, potentially going to be decided when ourselves and Luton met in a weeks time, and also the relegation battle was going all the way to the end also. To add to all that drama, we had the FA Trophy final at the end of the league campaign against a Dover team doing well in the league below.

MATCHDAY 41

AFC WIMBLEDON 3 - 0 SOUTHPORT

images

A great response to our defeat last time out, as long as we stayed unbeaten in the last 5 league games we would be crowned champions. Brett Johnson(5), Ryan Jackson(38) and Nikola Saric(41) put us a step closer to title.

MATCHDAY 42

HAYES & YEADING 1 - 4 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

A comfortable win against a side battling relegation, and another valuable 3pts. Ryan Jackson(5), Danny Kedwell(9) and Luke Moore(20) effectively put the game beyond the home side. Danny Kedwell(60) grabbed his second and our fourth. Dikuiza(85) pulled a late consolation goal back as we entered the last few minutes.

MATCHDAY 44

LUTON 0 - 2 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

This was the game we fans of the Non-league were waiting for, just under 7,000 crammed into Kenilworth Road, for this title decider, we knew if we won then we would be crowned champions, but a defeat would blow the title wide open.
As was expected both teams were going at each other from the start, and Luton with their prolific strike partnership of Tim Hopkinson and Febian Brandy were causing problems with their movement. We hit the woodwork twice and had a Kedwell header cleared off the line. Then in the closing minutes the deadlock was broken Danny Kedwell(88) scored at the second attempt after his intial effort was well saved, our fans could sense automatic promotion, and that was confirmed when Christian Jolley(92) scored with a left footed strike.

images

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MATCHDAY 45

AFC WIMBLEDON 5 - 1 CAMBRIDGE

images

The celebration party continued and the players put on a great show for this sell out crowd. Fraser Franks(41,80), Jon Obika(46), James Mulley(71) and a Blaine Husdon(O.G,82) helped the fans enjoy the last game of the season at home. Liam Hughes(84) tried to put a dampner on things with a late goal, but to no avail.

MATCHDAY 46

KETTERING 1 - 1 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

Dissapointing to end the season this way, but the players had the cup final on their minds as I gave a run out to a couple of fringe players. Danny Kedwell(55) netted his 34th league goal, and Ian Roper(78) scored the equaliser as the game petered out towards the end.

FA Trophy Final

DOVER 0 - 3 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

A day out at Wembley to end my first season in charge was no more than the squad deserved. 46,000 fans were seated in the famous stadium and saw Nikola Saric(7) and Danny Kedwell(25) put us two nil up, Olly Schulz(Sent off,43) headed for an early bath after two bookings. We totally dominated the second half, Michael Woods(57) sealed the game and we ran out winners.

images

END OF SEASON ROLL OF HONOUR:

BLUE SQUARE PREMIER PLAYER OF THE SEASON - DANNY KEDWELL

BLUE SQUARE PREMIER TOP GOALSCORER - DANNY KEDWELL(34 goals)

AFC WIMBLEDON FANS' PLAYER OF THE SEASON - DANNY KEDWELL

ANDY SAMUELS - 6 MANAGER OF THE MONTH AWARDS

BIGGEST WIN - 6 - 0 Vs KETTERING(H)

BIGGEST LOSS - 1 - 7 Vs MAN CITY(A)

Here is the Final League Standings after my First Season in charge.

***** Next Update Soon, will include start of Season 2 in League Two!!!

Thanks to all those that are following and posting great comments. Really appreciate it. :D

way hey, finally the dons are back in the league :)

Well done against Dover mate

way hey, finally the dons are back in the league :)

Well done against Dover mate

Woop woop. Delighted, looking forward to progressing up the leagues now.

Thanks mate.

---------- Post added at 05:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

SEASON 2 - NPOWER LEAGUE 2

npowerhead.jpg

I was delighted how my first season in charge went, especially as I didn't make too many changes to the playing staff. I felt very confident that we had the quality to compete both domestically and in cup competitions.
This season it's going to be alot harder and different to what we have been used too, I had to make tough choices not only in where to strengthen and who I release and bring in on the playing staff, I really believe if we are to have a successful campaign this year, the backroom staff will need huge improving to help train and develop the players. I also needed to see who i could bring in to better my starting eleven.

EXPECTATIONS GIVEN TO THE BOARD FOR THIS SEASON:

After the board told me how pleased they were with last season, and what progress we had made on and off the pitch, they set about asking me what my thoughts were for this season. The impression I got was that avoiding relegation was good enough for them, but not me, I believe in this group of players Ive been working with the last year and I told the board I think we are capable of a second successive promotion. Once the board and chairman took what I said on board, they gave me a transfer budget of 65k and a wage budget of 17.5k, with 13.8k currently being used.

I made my way to my office after the lengthy board meeting and drew up the plans for this season, what players and staff I wanted and who I would have to let go, mainly on the non-playing side. I picked up the phone and made the dreaded calls................

STAFF OUT

Stuart Cash (Assistant Manager) - Released
Simon Bassey(1st Team Coach) - Released
Wayne Shaw(Goalkeeping Coach) - Out of Contract
Marcus Gayle(Coach) - Out of Contract
David Moss(Coach) - Out of Contract
Ernie Tippett(Scout) - Out of Contract

Once those horrible formalities were out the way, i then had the tough ask of bringing in better, and with not much out there, I had to look hard and move quickly to bring in the required replacements.

STAFF IN

Paul Groves(Assistant Manager)
Junior Lewis(Coach)
Marcus Stewart(Coach)
Joe Little(Coach)
Geoff Grudgington(Goalkeeping Coach)
Jon Hallworth(Goalkeeping Coach0
Dave Barron(Fitness Coach)
Malcom Shotton(Scout)

I was over the moon that I could bring someone with the experience and knowledge of Paul Groves to work alongside me and not only bring valuable assistance to the team, but also a great role model for me to learn more from.
With along season ahead I felt 2 fitness coaches would help, especially as I feel fitness will be a large factor in more success this season, also 2 goalkeeping coaches to help out the 2 young talents I currently have in Seb Brown and Jack Turner.

With the non-playing staff brought in, I went about looking to strenghten the starting eleven, as though I know most can probably cope at this level, there was a couple of positions I felt needed improving.

SkySports.png

***** TRANSFER NEWS *****

images

'' With the start of the npower league season just around the corner, League 2 new boys AFC Wimbledon have been busy strengthening their side with no less than six new faces''.

images

''Stephen Henderson has been brought in for a fee believed to be in the region of 16k from Championship side Bristol City. Manager Andy Samuels said this to us earlier''..........'' I'm delighted to have secured the signing of Stephen Henderson, he will be a huge assett to the team, and despite being young, he will bring added experience to the side and will help develop Seb Brown and Jack Turner''.

images

'' Also signed permanantly is Conor Coady who was on loan at AFC Wimbledon last season. Here's Andy Samuels again''.......'' Conor was the first person I made sure I signed, he was fantastic last season and I really believe he will be crucial in any success we have from now on.''

'' AFC Wimbledon also brought in their former Left Back Chris Hussey who joins on a six month loan deal from Coventry. Joining Chris, are highly rated youngsters Toni Silva and Nikola Saric, who again was on loan with AFC Wimbledon last season, who join on season long loans from Liverpool. And lastly Nathan Korenteng who again joins for the season on loan from Peterborough. Here's Andy Samuels's thoughts on the loan signings''.........'' We needed to bring in a first choice left back with Gareth Gwillim leaving at the end of last season, and Chris Hussey knows this place really well and will fit right into how we play. Nikola was here last season and showed me what he is capable of, and I think we will see even more from him this season. With Toni and Nathan both are highly thought of at their clubs, and I feel they can give us something off the bench, with their undoubted quality. I am looking at maybe 1 or 2 more signings and I'm sure you will hear about them if and when we conclude those deals, thanks guys.''

So with extra talent added to the group and me looking into the possibility of maybe another centre midfielder to be brought in, the squad was starting to take shape, as we pre-pared for the start of pre-season.

*****Next update in next couple of days(as moving house). Thanks, hope you are enjoying!

just read through it is a good read, good luck in league 2