Age you start selling players .. share yours

Smart9682

Reaction score
Ok we've all been there, We've formed a great side and over the seasons they have served you well ... however the once wonderkids and hot prospects are now coming up to the big 30 and you have to start thinking about replacements ... do any of you have an age you tend to sell players at regardless of how they are playing? or do you push them as far as you can?

share your opinions :)

if they're good enough and still perfoming. I normally try push them right to the end. I like to create legends and then have them as coaches (H)

27-28 30 maximum . but if he's an important player for the team , i don't . It's good to sell them before their attributes and value start dropping .

29 or 30 for out field players and about 35 for goalkeeper , then again i've got igor akinfeev 38 and nicolas lodeiro 34 still playing

31 for forwards and midfielders because they play well from 25-30

Gks and defenders play at their top of the game from 31-35 after that sell them or have them as coaches

Always sign 15-18 year olds and sell most other players, so not really got there yet!

i don't get rid of players based on age. i judge by form and usefulness.

As long as the player can earn his wages I'll keep him.. Although I have very few players over 30, but that's because I prefer to buy younger players as regens are sick XD

30 max. but still depends on the player. I cannot sell Messi because i bought him for 115m£ :D

wow love the replies already, thanks guys .. I tend to keep till around 30 but then again Gerrard is 29 and I wont be selling him next season lol, so I guess it depends on the player sometimes but I do love picking up wonderkids and cashing in on a 30/31 year old while I can.

i usually sell players around the age or 34 depending who they are like on my chelsea games i usually let drogba leave around 3rd or 4th season

dont judge on age, only on abilily and usage. i keep legends and turn them into tutors for my youngsters then coaches

if they are players that i like very much i hold em, and when they retire i hire them as coaches if they dont turn into managers, like paolo maldin!. for e.g alessandro del piero, materazzi, etc

Soon as they turn 30 unless they are immense they are gone

I'll keep them as long as they are good for the team. If the ageing veteran if better than the hot prospect then I'll start the ageing veteran.

I've never sold a player because of age. I look at the end of the football year and see there overall ratings compared to how many games played. If theres better out there or in my youth team then I replace as needed. I usally look for players over 7.20 consistantly in there selected roles

I usually keep them until they are no longer developing, then sell them on before they lose all value.

Depends on squad status. I tend to keep my key players until they retire and hire them as coaches. For the rest I usually sell between 30-32yrs depending on form

No particular age just when they are not good enough to play for my team.

Depends on how they're doing...As arsenal in 2012 now, arshavin is 30, soon to be 31 but is scoring and assisting for fun...and his attributes aren't dropping...no way i'm selling him...rosicky though is 31, his physical atts are dropping and he finds it hard to get through whole games...just about to sell him for £5m to shatkar, which is pretty decent.....but if your olden's performances and physical atts start to decline sell them asap...i left it too late with gallas and have to give him away for free...but it isn't really an age thing..it's about how they perform...