Age you start selling players .. share yours

If I get a mega offer thy get sold not matter how old but at 30/31 I always offer to clubs when I am a higher reputation club LLM then I dont mind

the older the players get the better they become, Luca Toni, Scholes, Giggs, Beckham, Neville, Maldini (he is retired, but when he was still playing), Van Der Saar, too name but a few, in rugby there is no substitute for Pace and in football there is no substitute for Experience! i have a fantastic balance of young vs old in my teams, it rounds them nicely and provides good tutoring :D

I had Tim Cahill at 36 still starting on few occasions for my Everton team which won 24 Competitions in 7 years (so had some great talent in there already, but still performed like a God)

the older the players get the better they become, Luca Toni, Scholes, Giggs, Beckham, Neville, Maldini (he is retired, but when he was still playing), Van Der Saar, too name but a few, in rugby there is no substitute for Pace and in football there is no substitute for Experience! i have a fantastic balance of young vs old in my teams, it rounds them nicely and provides good tutoring :D

I had Tim Cahill at 36 still starting on few occasions for my Everton team which won 24 Competitions in 7 years (so had some great talent in there already, but still performed like a God)

Cahill at 36!!? I should have got him for my Rushden team as he was released by Everton at the age of 34! Initially i had offered him a contract and he accepted but in the end i cancelled the transfer :(

hahhaha, he is the best Mid i have ever had play in any of my teams ever on Fm or Cm, his stats barely dropped much at all, he was still pretty much + 10 everything in physical (except pace and acceleration) stats and of course his mental stats were insane as well as his tech stats were above like 12 and heading was still like 17 :D i will post a screenie here of him in my save, here, i loaded it up again quickly.
View attachment 60363View attachment 60364View attachment 60365

Like most people said, around 30. My main exception is if they've come through the academy and spent their entire career with the club - I try and keep them in some role until they retire (and if I can sign them as coaches or scouts).

Well I´m a bit like Wenger so I get rid of most players at about 29, except for goalies of course.
But there are always exceptions for every rule and I´ve got Alou Diarra still in the team and he´s 31 but I´ll sell him after the season.
And when it comes to talented youngsters that don´t progress they way I want them to I usually sell them at 21-22 if they didn´t meet my expectations. Butthen I´ve usually got them when they´re 16-19.

I am always wary of buying players above the age of 28. Unless they are on a free for a lower league side.

If I sell then I sell players aged about 28-31 and only when I have a younger player who is better than him. I don't see much point in selling older players, I usually let them leave on a free as the major financial benefit of getting rid of them isn't the transfer fee, it's the wage budget they free up. But I always keep the guys who have been at the club for their entire career and those who just perform really well. I offer them a new contract every year, they take a 10-20% pay cut each season and I can also lower their squad status.

These old guys have really saved my neck several times, Dejan Stankovic, Giorgos Karagounis, Sidney Govou, Deco have all scored important winners for me at the age of 34-38. Kleber, signed for 8M at the age of 33 was one of the best players in Europe the following season.

at around 30

i usually sell at about 30 unless they're still performing or if they have high influence and can act as a good captain for my team. i played with feyenoord nw for 3 years and AC Milan dropped \Ronaldinho at the age of 32 so i picked him up and now he's my leading goal scorer. also I've kept my left-back Tim deCler and my center defender Kevin Hofland who are both now 33 but they have high influence so they are my captain and vice-captain respectively

It all depends on their stats of fitness and stamina etc

Keepers i will keep forever

outfield players if they still do the business then will keep them and keep them on as coaches

if there just back ups or not really involved in my first XI

then will try and sell them at around 30 to get a reasonable amount of money for them

I always review my players throughout the season as they start getting over 30. Start making judgement on their drop in key attributes and I never descrimate based on pace unless he's a centre back with pace less than 5 ( which has never happened lol).

Currently in my Deportivo save at the back end of the 2nd season of the game I have the following veterans: Manuel Pablo, RB 35yrs regular rotation, Valeron, AM 36yrs Bench player, Sergio, CM 34yrs first team regular, Beckham, RM 35yrs first team regular, Riquelme, AM 33yrs Bench player and rotation, Angelo Basinas, CM 34yrs Regular Rotation, Miguel Angel Angulo, RM 33yrs rotation.

I find that players like beckham, Sergio and requilme play well constantly and are safe picks for my side, they have good stats with average pace which is fine aslong as their is pace around them. Manuel Pablo is quality and is perfect for rotation with my younger Feronetti with similar stats, angulo is in the same boat and is quicker than beckham and has good alround stats.
Valeron is rather slow and dosn't last longer than 45 minuters but can change the game very quickly as he has unbelievable key stats that don't deteriate!!!!

I have also signed Owen and Henry on pre contracts for next season, both still very handy and with pace of 12, and wages are not excessive!!

I guess the key is not go over board and sign ex-legends and play them all together, veterans are good for your side and I would recommend having a few in your squad limit the amount that get 'too old' as in excess of 36, but having 4 or 5 33 yr olds isn't a bad thing as their stats usually speak for themselves ;-)

Stuart Campbell, wish I could keep him forever, works his *** off week in week out !

dont really have a rule for this - just depends on their usefulness

i signed mascherano for 18.5M (requested a transfer from liverpool) when he was 30 and he's still in the first team at 33

then again i let van persie leave on a free when he was 31

I don't see the point on selling a player just because he reaches an age.
As long as he can be useful to my club, I would use him; unless I receive a great offer for him, of curse.

Depends on the player. Some will still be good even though they are old. I have Lucio at 34 and his pace is still 15 and acceleration 14