Aiming for the top (Edinburgh University)

theburningred

Antonio Margariiiitiii
Reaction score
(First post here, I am using a custom database where the Scottish leagues are totally rearranged, new rules also give 2 pts for a win and one for a draw. I only decided to start this halfway through season two so I have no screenshots prior to that)

Season 1 overview

EUFCBadge.png

Edinburgh Uni announce youngster as manager!

Tiny Edinburgh University FC have shocked their fans today by announing unknown youngster Scott Hood as their manager for the new season. The 22 year old is a complete amateur to the game and takes over at the club as they attempt to tackle their first season in the newly formed Scottish League Division 2 (East).

"I look upon this as a wonderful challenge", said Hood. "It's my ambition to rise to the very top of the game, and by starting off at such a small club, I get my chance to break myself in."

The university face a tough season with an amateur squad and a rookie manager.

The first season issues

With no money to buy players, or even offer a wage, Scott Hood had trouble from the very start. The bookies made his club 1/6 favourites to finish bottom of the league without a hope, and drop into the obscurity of the Scottish Junior Premiership at the first time of asking.

Despite money issues, Scott brought in old heads Steven Hampshire and Leigh Hinds, each of whom had played Scottish Premier League football in the past, as well as youngsters David Mclennan and Barry Callaghan.

The Season began badly.

It was a tough start to the season and despite playing well in a few games, Edinburgh found themselves bottom after ten games, with only 6 points. Scott Hood spoke of his side's frustrations...

"We seem to get into good positions in games but then the team loses concentration, and the defence lose too many goals."

Halfway, and the transfer window

At the halfway stage Edinburgh had picked up a little bit...and after 18 games sat in ninth place (out of ten) just above Bathgate Thistle, with a precious four point cushion.

The problem with amateur players then raised it's head for the side, disaster struck...as Steven Hampshire and Leigh Hinds, the two veteran star strikers, departed for Brechin City and Clyde respectively. Contracts for amateurs can be terminated by either party at any time. Scott couldn't afford a new striker but did manage to bring in defender Laurence Gaughan and goalkeeper Graham Shepherd on free tranfers.

The onus was now however on young striker Graeme Eaglesham to prove that he had the mettle for the first team...as lone striker he had his work cut out though...especially as he had yet to score for the club after seven appearances.

22 games in...

Eaglesham's barren run continued, and after 12 games he had yet to score...Edinburgh had now played 22 and after Bathgate's turn in form, Edinburgh were bottom...one point behind Preston Athletic.

However...

In the very next game, against league leaders Arbroath, Eaglesham struck his first goal, in a 1 - 0 shock win...the youngster described it as "a rush of relief and joy". Scott Hood said, "Graeme has been working hard, and I'm glad it's paid off for him."

The uni picked up three wins on the trot, and moved three points clear of Preston Athletic...Eaglesham netted 5 in 3 games and was turning into the team's star man.

The final run in

After 33 games of the season, the Uni had pulled themselves as high as 5th in the table (the two point system makes it easy to jump up the league.)

A win over Bonnyrigg Rose was followed by a thumping 5 - 0 defeat at the hands of league champions East Stirling.

Finally, a 2 - 1 win over Linlithgow Rose brought the unfancied Uni team a fourth placed finish in the league...to the delight of the fans, the board, and the rookie manager.

"Im ecstatic!" said Hood. "We have nothing, and we defy all the odds to finish so high up in the table! It's marvellous!"

Post season

Offers

After a fine season at Edinburgh Uni, the news came through that Second Division North club Nairn County (a semi pro club) wished to offer Scott Hood a job as manager. Hood turned them down immediately, stating that he would only leave Edinburgh to go full time. The board were delighted by his commitment.

Later, Auchinlek Talbot (Second Div West favourites) offered Hood a job, but he re-iterated his desire to go full time or stay put.

New league

With relegations and promotions finalised, the SFA announced that Edinburgh Uni would be playing in the Scottish Second Division (North) in season 2010/11

The bookies made Edinburgh 1/4 favourites to go down to the juniour league, in what was undoubtedly a harder league than the previous year.

good luck theburningred hope you go all the way

New Faces at Uni side

With the new season beckoning, and a new challenge for the club, Scott Hood has decided that in order to survive in the North league, he needs a complete change in squad. Letting go no less than 26 players from his large squad, Scott set about signing some new faces on amateur deals.

Despite the boards expectations stating that he should "just enjoy the experience of this league", Scott obviously has higher aims.

View attachment 66171

The key transfers in the start of season window were Lee Bryce, James Keatings and Mark Whatley, on loan from Raith and Celtic. Also, former Dunfermline Athletic youngsters Greg Ross and Greg Paterson will be expected to do a job for the club. Veteran former Dundee midfielder Colin Cameron has been tipped as the new star for the club

Pre-Season Friendlies

Pre season was always going to be tough for Scott's uni side. So many new players need time to gel, and Scott recognises that, "I'll play as many as I can in pre season, and hopefully by the time the league starts, we'll be ready to go."

Results

Edinburgh City 0 - 1 Edinburgh Uni
Edinburgh Uni 0 - 1 Dalry Thistle
Edinburgh Uni 0 - 1 Hearts

Scott Hood: "This wasn't really what I had hoped for in pre season...a win over local rivals is always good, but to only score one goal in three games is poor, and losing to Dalry was horrendous."

The Season Begins

Starting the season playing a 5-4-1 formation, the Uni were clearly hoping to not lose many goals, and grind out results rather than playing attacking football.

The season didn't start well:

View attachment 66172

The defeat to Deveronvale brought not only a poor performance, but captain Emilio Bottiglieri getting injured (broken leg) for three months, clearly didn't help. Scott Hood said that he hoped that replacement left back Lewis Toshney could fill the void.

other results for July

Edinburgh Uni 2 - 2 Bo'ness Utd
Huntly 1 - 1 Edinburgh Uni

Edinburgh Uni 0 - 0 Elgin City
Edinburgh Uni 0 - 7 Dundee (League Cup group stage)
Oakley Utd 0 - 2 Edinburgh Uni

"Results have obviously picked up after the first day of the season, with a draw against early pace setters Elgin being the highlight. the thumping from Dundee was only to be expected, and shows the gulf between the Premier League and this one."

Picking up

August showed a bit of form from the Edinburgh side as the team started to gel, and Scott Hood saw his team start to be able to play a bit. Switching from his 5-4-1 formation to a 4-1-3-2, his side showed a side not seen before.

The best result of the month came against 4th placed Buckie Thistle in a busy month.

View attachment 66175

August results

Clyde 4 - 0 Edinburgh Uni (League Cup group stage)
Edinburgh Uni 3 - 0 Lochee Utd
Edinburgh Uni 3 - 0 Buckie Thistle
Queens Park 1 - 0 Edinburgh Uni (League Cup group stage)
Nairn County 1 - 2 Edinburgh Uni
Dundee 2 - 0 Edinburgh Uni (League Cup group stage)
Bo'ness Utd 2 -2 Edinburgh Uni

"This was a stunning month for us in August! We had it all to play for and despite losing three times in the cup (due to me resting all of my first team in each game...they are amateurs after all), we have been excellent. To have gone 8 league games unbeaten since the opening day is fabulous!"

Stunning September

After a tremendous August it was pressure month for Edinburgh in September to keep it up. In September the Uni managed to pick up their first point in the cup group, as well as keeping up the miraculous unbeaten run in the league.

Top result: Defeating top of the league Elgin to move into 2nd place was an unexpected dream result.
View attachment 66180

September results

Edinburgh Uni 0 - 0 Linlithgow Rose
Edinburgh Uni 1 - 1 Clyde (League Cup Group stage)
Edinburgh Uni 1 - 0 Deveronvale
Edinburgh Uni 0 - 2 Queens Park (League Cup group stage)
Edinburgh Uni 1 - 1 Huntly
Elgin City 0 - 2 Edinburgh Uni

"We had another top top month here. Defeating Elgin was the definite highlight. For me though, the form of James Keatings and Colin Cameron were the real plus points. Keatings has turned into a real star up front and has compensated for the drop in form of Lee Bryce, whilst Colin has led by example, and is my captain in Emilio's absence."

October

Another month, and Emilio Bottiglieri's return from a leg break lifted the side. The captain came back in as a sub, but has as of yet failed to displace the excellent youngster Lewis Toshney who replaced him. International matches meant that there were only three matches in the league this month, but the team made it one to remember.

Top result: More because of the occasion than the result, but the draw with Nairn County at the end of the month put the Uni top of the league. Despite having been firm favourites for the drop, Scott's new favourites have really rallied, and are now playing attacking football in a 4-4-2 formation, with wingers Greg Ross and Nicky Low doing well to support the front two.
View attachment 66182

October results

Edinburgh Uni 0 - 0 Oakley United
Buckie Thistle 1 - 1 Edinburgh Uni
Edinburgh Uni 1 - 1 Nairn County

"It was a slow month with international games meaning that we only had three league meetings. Three draws made it a so-so month, but going top of the league was mental!"

Early November and Mid Season

Early November saw the team really flourish. Having Colin Cameron back from suspension, and with Lee Bryce returning to goalscoring form, the team finished the first half of the season strongly.

Top result:
View attachment 66186

Early November Results

Lochee Utd 1 - 3 Edinburgh Uni
Linlithgow Rose 0 - 2 Edinburgh Uni

These results not only brought a fine first half of the season to a close with the Uni unbelievably top of the league, but made it a stunning, record breaking 17 league games unbeaten, since the opening day turn over at the hands of Deveronvale.

The half season league table looks like:

View attachment 66181

Scott Hood: "It's been a fine start to the season, and to be sitting top is just exceptional. I don't know if we can maintain this for the whole year, but I would love to see it. Our main worry will be losing our top stars in the transfer window, with James Keatings sure to be top of everyone's shopping list...we can only hope we can hold onto them, and push on."

Last edited:
Good luck , im actually from edinburgh so i might follow this one , i stay about 15 mins away from Edinburgh university lol

Your doing extremely well , keep up the good work , make me proud m8 , make me proud . lol

Last edited:
Good luck , im actually from edinburgh so i might follow this one , i stay about 15 mins away from Edinburgh university lol

lol cheers mate. I chose them cos they seemed the smallest playable team on the game, and I love a challenge

Yeah my home town happens to be one of the worst teams on the game thanks for reminding me lol jk

Good choice of teams, I'm hoping to go there for university. Good luck with it, I'd try to get a few good loan players from higher teams, it's quite effective.

Last edited:
The End Of November + Scottish Cup Draw

The end of November has seen a decent continuation in form for the Edinburgh side.

Scottish cup draw

With the board making it known that they expect Scott Hood to take the Uni to at least Round 4 of the Scottish cup, the manager attended the third round draw at Hamden Park, Glasgow.

View attachment 66215

With the draw throwing up Second Div (East) side Spartans at home, Edinburgh Uni will be very confident of making their board's expectations, and drawing a big team in the next round.

League Result for end of November

Key Result:
View attachment 66222

A game against what is still the only side to beat the Uni in the league this season was always going to be tough. And on the narrow pitch at Deveronvale, in the driving rain, it proved to be so. The uni dug in deep, and despite Greg Ross clearing off the line at two corners, they managed to come away with the win through the winger's goal. Undoubted man of the match was Ross.

Scott Hood: "This wrapped up November just nicely. Greg was sensational at both ends and has really added something since his move from Dunfermline. The fans love him!
As for the cup. We beat Spartans twice last year, so I see no reason why we can't turn them over again in the cup next month."

December Review

December was going to be an exciting time for the Uni, into the second half of the season, and pushing for the chance to go into the Scottish First Division as Champions, and also the start of what the players can only hope will be a dream run in the Scottish Cup.

Edinburgh Uni v Bo'ness Utd
2-1

View attachment 66288

A good win for the Uni in this game. Bo'ness have dropped back from the title challenge a little in recent weeks but that doesn't stop them from being dangerous. The injury time winner was sweet for Scott Hood, who ran onto the pitch to celebrate with his team.

Hood: "This win was good. The two previous meetings with Bo'ness had ended 2-2 so to get over the line at last was special. I'm pleased with this win.

Edinburgh Uni v Spartans (Scottish Cup Round 4)
4-2

View attachment 66289

A solid performance from Uni, who manage to go 4 goals up before managing to take the foot of the gas and, although they conceded two goals, never be in any real trouble. A great all round performance.

Hood: "I think this showed the difference in the standards of leagues today. Spartans play in the division we occupied last season, and we totally outclassed them throughout.!

Huntly v Edinburgh Uni
1-0

View attachment 66290

At last, the unbeaten run came to an end! After 19 league games without defeat, the Uni tasted that bitter medicine for only the second time this season. A goal in the first half sinks them and they just can't break down the resolute Huntly defence.

Hood: "This was a bitter pill to swallow. I think we had been getting a bit cocky...I mean everyone, including me...and we came up against a hard, physical team and lost. Hopefully we will learn from this.

Scottish Cup Round 5 Draw

Edinburgh Uni were pleased with the draw for round 5, as they drew Scottish Division 2 (East) opposition for the second time. This time, the tie against Stenhousemuir should prove a little tougher though.

All in all it was a good month for the Uni in December. Staying top of the league, despite losing the 19 game unbeaten run means that they go into the final section of the season in good spirits.

They will be worried though...which players can they keep in January, and who will move to pastures new?

January Review

Transfer Window

As feared by manager Scott Hood, his table topping side was decimated due to it's own success. When players are signed on amateur deals, as they all are at the Uni, it's impossible to stop them leaving whenever they feel like moving. Edinburgh Uni suffered big style.

View attachment 66298

With Colin Cameron, Jason Smith, Martyn Campbell, Bryan Scott, Dougie Wilson, Michael Hazeldine and Barry Callaghan all leaving, Scott had to do some late bargain shopping to stop his squad from falling apart. Bringing in Warren Cummings, Mark Gilhaney, Sam Parkin and Adam Hinshelwood adds some experience to the side, and fans will hope it's enough to keep the squad going in the right direction.

Edinburgh Uni v Elgin City
2-0

View attachment 66293

This was the big one...the top of the table clash. After losing to Huntly, the Uni's lead was down to just a single point over Elgin, and they delivered with a ferocity demanded by Hood. They played more defensively than normal, but hit Elgin twice on the break in the first half to take the spoils and extend their lead at the summit of the Second Division (North).

Hood: "This was tremendous. I sent the team out and told them to be more cautious than normal, and to be fair to the lads they did that, the two goals before half time really killed them, and we were able to sit on that for the second 45."

Oakley United v Edinburgh Uni
0-3

View attachment 66296

Another stellar performance on a blustery day in Fife, Edinburgh Uni showed superiority and over-ran Oakley from the word go, to continue a brilliant march towards the First division.

Hood: "This was as clinical as I have seen us all season, Oakley just didn't have a chance!"

Edinburgh Uni v Stenhousemuir (Scottish Cup round 5)
0-3

View attachment 66295

A bitterly dissapointing outcome for the Uni as they bow out of the cup very early on. An early goal from Stenny saw the Uni in trouble, and as they piled the pressure on in the second half, Stenny picked them off with two breakaway goals.

Hood: "Awful result! Terrible, terrible stuff!"

Edinburgh Uni v Lochee Utd
4-0

View attachment 66294

An exceptional performance and an excellent bounce back from their bitter defeat in the cup the week before. A goal apiece for Greg Ross and Sam Parkin (his first for the club), and a brilliant brace from Lee Bryce helped Uni extend their table topping lead.

Hood: "This is the greatest performance since I came here. Just clinical, quick, and painless...for us anyway. We worked hard all over the park, and they have redeemed themselves for last weeks atrocious result."

A good month all around for Edinburgh Uni, despite the cup exit at the hands of Stenny. Scott Hood delighted to see his side sitting a clear 6 points ahead of Elgin in the race to Division one. With only 12 games to go Edinburgh must surely now be favourites for the title.

Good story so far nice to see a story with a lower scottish team

Just finished this season in the game, so I will write up the rest of the story tomorrow :D

February/March Review

With the Uni sitting top and enjoying an outstanding season, it was important for the team to really push on and secure the Second Division (North) title for the club. With the team depleted due to their amateur status in the transfer market, will the new players be able to make a difference.?

Edinburgh Uni 2 - 2 Linlithgow Rose

Having led 2 - 0 and being very comfortable throughout against 6th placed Linlithgow, to lose two late goals and a point was a shockingly bad result for the Uni. The plus side was that Mark Gilhaney got his first goal for the club since coming in in January.

Hood: "This was diabolical...we were there, home and dry with four minutes left, and then, well you saw it, I don't have to explain what happened!"

Edinburgh Uni 2 - 2 Buckie Thistle

The literal other side of the coin in this game for the Uni, as James Keatings and a John Wood penalty before half time pulled them level, before a non event of a second half ensured a share of the spoils.

Hood: "Another poor result...but Elgin lost today, so we pull away just that little bit from them, and it's nice to have that space."

Nairn County 0 - 0 Edinburgh Uni

A barren month for the uni ended in further disappointment as a bore draw at Nairn meant a month where only 3 points were picked up. And with results elsewhere going against them, the table didn't look quite so good as it did before.

Hood: "We missed Keatings with injury today, and it told, we really need Lee Bryce to hit form again...big style."

Monthly Review

Highlight
Coming back from two goals down at home against Buckie.

Lowlight
Losing a 2 goal lead in injury time at home against Linlithgow Rose of all teams.

League Standing
Still in pole position, but only by 5 points, with three teams breathing down our necks.

Player of the Month
For sheer determination and grit, my award goes to the right midfielder Greg Ross.

March

Key Game - Edinburgh Uni v Deveronvale

With Devs having replaced Elgin in second place in the league, and the Uni suffering a bit of a win drought since January this was a vital match.
Scott sent the team out in a 4-1-3-2 formation and told them to hit the Dev on the break from the start.
However a change of tactics was imminent when Hamish Munro of Dev was sent off just 16 minutes in for aiming a headbutt at Greg Ross. Scott immediately set the team into a more attacking formation and told them to try to control the possession, whilst Devs cleverly reverted to a very defensive style.
The only goal of the game came from top scorer James Keatings 55 minutes in as he gave the goalie no chance from the edge of the box with a screaming drive to steer the Uni to a vital victory.

View attachment 67164

Hood: "A vital win, and a hard fought one at that. Greg Ross did well not to react to the headbutt, and from there on in, there was only one team ever going to win."

Bo'ness Utd 1 - 3 Edinburgh Uni

Having failed to beat Bo'ness so far this season in two attempts, the Uni really went for it in this game. Goals from Nicky Low, Greg Ross and Steven Maguire negated the fact that James Keatings was again absent through injury.

Hood: "A great way to finish off the month, and the three quarter mark of the season, and we are in a great position to really push on now."

Monthly Review

Highlight
Beating Deveronvale was essential to ensure we didnt give up ground in the title battle, and we duly delivered in that one.

Lowlight
James Keatings injury troubles are becoming a real worry now, because when he plays he is vital to this team...

League Standing
View attachment 67165

With only 9 games to go til the end of the season we managed to reopen the 6 point gap...but there's still a lot of work to be done, and we have fought off a lot of good challenges.

Player of the Month
For grabbing the vital goal at Deveronvale when not 100% fit, it has to go to James Keatings.

Another good month for the Uni in the bid for promotion, but can they sustain it through April and May?

April/May Review

Once again, it was a decent time to e a supporter of Edinburgh Uni. Coming into the last 9 games of the season, the team were still unbelievably top of the league. The battle to win their first ever promotion was now well and truly on.

Edinburgh Uni 3 - 0 Huntly

A real cultured performance from the team in this game as they settled early and picked Huntly off at will. Lee Bryce got a couple to signify a great return to form, with James Keatings grabbing a third to celebrate a return to full fitness (fingers crossed)

Hood: "This was just what we needed. Huntly work hard, but we outclassed them, and we were literally never under pressure."

Elgin City 1 - 0 Edinburgh Uni

A result that had Elgin, Deveronvale and Buckie Thistle celebrating, as the league leaders were defeated on a day where every one of the chasing pack won. Edinburgh battled hard in a defensive formation, but were broken in the FOURTH minute of injury time, as Gerry McLauchlan stuck out an ill advised leg and brought down John Martin, who then tucked the penalty into the corner of the net.

Hood: "Nothing much to say on that one to be honest...it was just one of those days."

Key Game: Edinburgh Uni V Oakley Utd

After the disappoinment of the previous week's defeat, the Uni had to prove a point against the team second bottom of the league. They did so with grace and style, thumping 4 past Oakley in the sunshine as the shellshocked strugglers never looked close. Parkin, Wood, and a James Keatings double sent the Uni to within one victory of securing the title.

View attachment 67301

FT: 4-0

Hood: "Another stunning team perfomance...we're nearly there, but we cant go thinking about the title quite yet...we got the Lochee game to prepare for as normal."

Key Game: Lochee Utd v Edinburgh Uni

The game that the Uni and their rookie manager had been waiting for all season. The game away at Lochee gave the Uni the chance to secure the first ever title for the club, as well as a promotion for the first time in history.
Uni lined up in an attack minded 4-4-2 and from the first whistle really went for it. They were sucker punched after only 9 minutes however as Romano Sion scored on the break. When Jon Voigt doubled Lochee's lead on 26 minutes they were simply bemused, and at half time, Scott Hood didnt know what to say to his players.
After the break it was a case of going from bad to worse. Voigt got his second before Sion completed a hattrick, and Bobby Mann added a late sickener to give the Uni their worst result under Scott Hood, and show that they can get complacent when they think too far ahead.

View attachment 67302

FT: 6-0

Hood: "This was a proper sickener. God only knows why they played so badly. My only guess is that too many of them had title celebrations on the brain...let me assure you, this wont happen next week!"

Monthly Review

Highlight
The way in which we dominated against Oakley showed our real class, and it was a really satisfying win.

Lowlight
The 6-0 defeat at Lochee is the lowlight of my career never mind this month

Player of the Month
It was going to Adam Hinshelwood, but his performance in the 6-0 defeat means that we celebrate a return to form with an award to Lee Bryce.

May

Key Game: Buckie Thistle v Edinburgh Uni

After last week's atrocity at Lochee, Scott Hood promised there would be no repeat here. He sent his team out in a more modest formation, and got his rewards early on.
A breakaway from Sam Parkin, standing in for Lee Bryce, resulted in a lovely finish to give Edinburgh the lead. From there on in, a resolute performance from the Uni saw them gain a modest 1 - 0 win that secured that first ever league title and promotion.

A raucuous party started on the field following the win, involving players, backroom staff, board members and fans.

View attachment 67304

FT: 0-1

Hood: "We did it! It's almost unbelievable but we actually pulled it off! This is just tremendous, for the club and all of the players and fans!"

Edinburgh Uni 2 - 1 Nairn County

Signing off at home with a win was important to the team, but not as important as the trophy presentation that happened after the game, followed by a bigger party than last week at Nairn. Unsurprisingly the manager was not available for comment.

Linlithgow Rose 2 - 1 Edinburgh Uni

The team were never really in this, but neither were their minds, the season was over, and if truth be told it was a nothing match.

Hood: "Well, its sad to end with a defeat, but that's life I suppose, we are still champions!"

Monthly Review

Highlight
Winning the title at Nairn was a feeling I'll never forget, and one I hope to experience again soon! What a day and what a celebration.

Lowlight
There literally wasnt one...how can you pick a bad point in the most special moment in this club's history?

Player Of The Month
Every single last one of them recieves this players award...because they all made it happen!

Final League Standings

Well we officially did it! And here it all is in black and white!

View attachment 67303

End Of Season and post season review coming soon.

Post Season and Season Review

View attachment 67401

So, the season is over, and Edinburgh Uni won the Scottish Division 2 (North) title from Elgin and Deveronvale by a reasonably convincing margin. Given that the board had tasked their rookie manager with "enjoying the experience of the league" this was a massive achievement, especially for an amateur club in a league where everyone else was semi pro.

The season saw the first ever trophy hit Edinburgh Uni's trophy cabinet (we bought one especially) and the first ever promotion. A massive achievement for Scott Hood and his merry band of waifs and strays.

All that is left to do now is to present the awards for the season, and begin to look ahead.

Supporters Player Of The Year

Ross Duncan - "After coming in from Premier League Dunfermline at the start of the season, and working like mad to show that he wasnt a big time flop, we, the Uni supporters have seen fit that the award for supporters POTY 2011 goes to GREG ROSS!"

Top Goalscorer

This award goes to a player who came to us on loan last August. Coming from Celtic, he had a lot to prove here, and a lot of pressure to do well. He did just that, and in doing so, played a massive part in our promotion and title. It is with a heavy heart that we see him return to Celtic, but the Top Goalscorer award with 15 goals goes to JAMES KEATINGS!

Players Player Of The Year

The players player, is a special award for the players, as it is one voted for by their fellow players, and shows a level of recognition amongst their peers. The award goes to the player who was at the centre of it all all season...none other then GREG ROSS!!

Best Eleven

Another Award from the supporters of the club, and this time, they announce their favourite starting eleven of the season.

Greg Paterson
Stuart Currie
Martyn Campbell
Gerry McLauchlan
Lewis Toshney

Greg Ross
Mark Whatley
Colin Cameron
Nicky Low

James Keatings
Lee Bryce

Hall Of Fame

And finally there were twelve, yes count them, TWELVE, inductees into the Hall of Fame, showing what a great season we truly had. Step forward all of the team of the year, as above, and John Wood

The New Season

The new season started with a worrying few days for Uni supporters, as it was announced that Scott Hood was favourite to get the vacant job at St Mirren, following the sacking of St Mirren manager Gus Mcpherson

View attachment 67400

The Uni board were pleased though when Hood swiftly adressed the media, telling them that he had no interest in the job, especially at them and Saints would be playing in the same league next season anyway. He said that the chance to go pro couldnt pull him away from the task he was relishing at Edinburgh Uni.

As the post season drew to a close, and the new season's dawn was just on the horizon, there was more reason to cheer fot the fans, and the manager...

View attachment 67399

The club look forward to a successfull new season ahead.

Pre season coming soon.