Aiming to rage at press saying "the next Klopette". Ms Ackerman's journeyman career.

Champions League: The first leg against Barcelona was played with the usual tactic, not even tweaked, only the player selection being anything defensive and it was a success. They got a straight red card for a vicious foul that took Cañón out for five days, missing one Serie A match, and then Napoli scored two goals. In the second there was a change of tactic, dropping every central midfielder one band back, playing ultradefensively, Barcelona opened the scoreline early from a lucky shot after a corner and then battered Napoli's goal with no success. Napoli were on to the semifinals.

EL3j9LV.jpg

v6ZeM0Z.jpg

dxHzDsf.jpg

4q7vaJA.jpg

The Bayern semifinal was... a succes is what it should have been, but it was a f- The first leg was played at Napoli and the second was to be played at Munich. We were 1-0 up with the match very well under control with the park the bus tactic, they were being given only rubbish chances and then that MMHhmhmhMHHMrephhfluflfufffreferee had to make up two penalties that never were such! Thatmmmmmmmmmmmphhhhhh That was a 1-0 win for us! And should have stayed that way and then the second half would've been totally different and even if the same there would have been extra time. And stupid FA says they'll fine me they're all sold! They are a bunch offfMMMMMhhhh-MmmmhmmhmhmhmmMmhmhmmm! On the plus side, there's hope for next Champions League campaign.

WqHafII.jpg

AoxFmgA.jpg

uiqNLJ3.jpg

dHJ49T0.jpg

4EGcu7s.jpg

In the league there were a few trips, but Juventus matched them but one, giving Napoli the title with a game to go. That gave Viktoria de chance to use the last league match against Roma, who beat her before, a chance to test a new flat 4-3-3 formation for the Cup final against Sampdoria, who lost the last match before but dominated. That last match was a success and so Viktoria used that same formation for the cup, which she won the cup, too.

dK8ARgE.jpg

VrpxpNJ.jpg

aZtQsMP.jpg

yEi5bIA.jpg

The Serie A title has provided an immediate boost to Viktoria's reputation. She is regarded as having progressed a lot since she began and a very good coach, if only she was more firm with her players.

Ypnrbzh.jpg

Soon after the season end, a number of players were sold out. Most of them because they wanted to leave or were unhappy with not enough first team football and didn't want a new contract. Important players like Ghoulam or Goldaniga were among them. Also Dória, though in his case it wasn't that he wanted to leave or Viktoria wanted to sell, but he's thirty years old and he's commited a lot of mistakes during the season. No new signings have been made official yet and there's only talk about bringing a centreback from Real Madrid, which would have the fans quite nervous.

GZnSHMW.jpg

Most of their former clubs and some of them got some part of the transfer money due to their contract clauses.

mLUwcBi.jpg

neE892A.jpg

A9eHhsI.jpg

gWAehGk.jpg

7lSUTnx.jpg

L0eRdh9.jpg

Those transfers, which made two record transfer income news items (included the second with the amount of the first, that second triggered after the post season sales), and cup money plus €21M of Champions League TV money (screenshot not included, I think Serie A money has either not been given yet or I missed it) coupled with the very good commercial summary and big margin with which the FFP term was passed, means the financial situation has improved considerably, making that €66M a not unreasonable budget.

rssP1LB.png

h4kVpfx.jpg

8ivEXwX.png

ZlrtT9w.jpg

xU5LHKO.jpg

qZpNZIw.jpg

U3nerQ2.jpg

3Urxd3y.jpg

And there's still a big TV money coming for next season:

cjSevfA.jpg

Board confidence at end of season was logically high as the expectations for the new season and a high budget to match. Serie A's fixtures have been announced. Also a news item reminding of the ECL's home grown rules. Preseason was set to last seven weeks, so players can rest and begin friendlies sooner.

b7UxAaN.jpg

mwBZD0j.jpg

nsEgvH5.jpg

37nudCN.jpg

dHOX2TG.jpg

A centreback from Real Madrid, Giménez, will be coming to replace Goldaniga and Dória, Carlinhos will be alongside him as the main centreback pairing, one of the young players ending a loan spell will be the fourth or third choice and I'm considering some cheap-ish backup for the last of the four centrebacks, possibly someone with experience. A backup goalie will be looked for, who will be playing in the cup until the final. I will try to find a world class left back, there are some candidates already, though I've not yet talked to any. Maybe an attacking midfielder, since one more than expected left; I was hoping to keep Tulissi and make him an important part of the team this season, as he earned it with some important goals and good performances. Stanciu performed well enough not to seek selling him, though should an offer be presented it will be accepted.

Post season records and awards screens:

- Manager:

RSIxPaL.jpg

iFOat6T.jpg

- Players:

z3Ypggw.jpg

3uCjHIc.jpg

T0X1Y0Z.jpg

vJhbOSm.jpg

l8ChCHV.jpg

JGQnR0h.jpg

SGEAOBC.jpg

OeNbdsX.jpg

c4q7umN.jpg

cbwnpM2.jpg

MGe70rN.jpg

Kzr8C5C.jpg

- Team:

rWVwnZa.jpg

Sio3P7z.jpg

EnXfvY3.jpg

6e7wB64.jpg

Pxcd09D.jpg

Sio3P7z.jpg

J2m5wx6.jpg

5rErsBf.jpg

f6sH1Yi.jpg

Yeah, it was given to Avellino, but Napoli was tied. I guess given by alphabetical order

- Other:

beDyBUA.jpg

iZecdTh.jpg

oL8F9bU.jpg

0ix9THk.jpg

Last edited:
With the new season approaching, Bertolacci's leave of the club was complete, with him getting 10% of the transfer. Shortly afterwards the FFP regulations for Champions League are brought to the inbox and the world rankings of national teams, with Cameroon staying at the same spot, are published. Napoli is invited to an American tour.

UXv7pKA.jpg

tAg7mjg.jpg

xJYgQgy.jpg

fRF1w3J.jpg

Deals are finalised for a few of the important positions and one extra. Giménez arrives from Real Madrid for the centreback position. Lukas Raeder is signed from free transfer to act as the back up goalkeeper, he's nothing like Maitos but someone better would want more time. A leftback that scouts don't rate high but is the best once Marcelo Ramos was unwilling to come. Finally, a luxury signing that should make Napoli's attack with the new 4-3-3 one of the best forces in Europe, Taubaté, of the kind of Cañón and Inglish. This new season should be very good for Napoli and Ackerman.

Qy7SVOX.jpg

44wso9o.jpg

LdUXWYc.jpg

7kJyj00.jpg

Then, Ancelotti retires. It was about time Real Madrid had an opening. This is a chance I must take even if I'm not too confident. Juventus' manager, after all his dominance in past years has publicly spoken of his interest for the role.

sbfstxO.jpg

VMbaDtF.jpg

The board isn't happy, but you know, it's Real Madrid, I had to apply.

rukBu7s.jpg

Real Madrid should be flattered by nothing!

VWSc0cn.jpg

So I first must go get some tranquilizers. I can't get in screaming and punching every table.

x6YC4gT.jpg

Of course they would. But it's not a matter of how much they can offer. I'd stay if it weren't Real Madrid's job that was empty.

ZCdCWy1.jpg

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

RISPdqe.jpg

When Real Madrid offers you a job you don't negotiate. Whatever is right. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Getting to be Real Madrid's manager is about what means succeed of this save and of Viktoria. Her favourite club above any of the others. The two times I thought to make a Real Madrid save as a huge team save (I don't care about football, btw, I'm not a Madrid fan) it was boring for too easy. However I hope it won't be as part of a journeyman save so I will keep playing.

Last edited:
New life in Madrid sees Viktoria enraged. The Barça press draw highly offensive jokes on her and the first thing she does is to make a call to the lawyers of the club to sue those newspapers. Merely irksome is I tell her of the comments in some Real Madrid blogs and such where many merengues remind her defeat in the Italian Cup against Genoa to say she shouldn't be chosen. But this is about what goes in football matters, so let's move on.

Her contract is obviously the biggest she's ever had. The club's past is glorious, with a lot of silverware. She resigns happily from Cameroon as it was asked in the interview. She is not too happy with two things, however: the coaching staff is lacking and the squad needs some better defence and strikers. Varane is allegedly the best defender but his ability to not fall rivals a man cutout from a sheet of paper. One surprise is the pitch size was standard, she decided to keep it standard.

sSUbbgp.jpg

m5nICFI.jpg

NEAIkG7.jpg

LjLzXsr.jpg

bXjjdnG.jpg

F0Dyotr.jpg

a0YXDeB.jpg

zxgYi0L.jpg

There's also the temptation to sign a second goalkeeper as back up or substitute for Keylor Navas. In the end, she settled up for the already present, a goalkeeper that is slightly better than Neto, who did well in Napoli. A few players were moved from and to Castilla but without being a meaningful difference of quality. When she arrived, fifteen million had already been invested in buying a rightback, leaving €31M to spend. Delving in the transfer market, where Viktoria works with a director of football, she's found out that signing players is extremely hard at Real Madrid. Ewandro, Cañón Moral, Sinnaever and some young russian were unattainable. Fernando Hierro only could bring Stewart Inglis for the striker position, oddly enough cheaply: only eleven and a half million. Later she managed to bring Barão from Corinthians for €15M, selling Varane to Juventus for €25M. Varane may be the best defender in the team at the moment, but I disliked his balance, he was getting old, Juventus paid good money and Barão is better and almost ten years younger. Worth it. My only comment is I knew I would regret confirming the Giménez buy when I was at Napoli. There may be still one or two more deals, mainly in defense, but it's likely: Is the player top quality? The price tag goes well beyond the hundred million mark or the player will ask three players worth wages. Is he average even for Napoli? They ask for more than Cañón Moral's transfer to Napoli and he's a top player even for Real Madrid's standards. Hierro has made a good job hiring new coaches, though. Also some profit from past sales come in for a very healthy bank balance.

gfEBcXk.jpg

Qhza94R.jpg

yZUtBUC.jpg

1MGMEku.jpg

FWJJtxf.jpg

66YIZRD.jpg

HWZWLkl.jpg

HHUN3do.jpg

Bonuses to pay were set to maximum, we want players as motivated as possible. Naturaly, Real Madrid are the favourites to win the Liga BBVA.

UUoueUp.jpg

gSJTnWc.jpg

The preseason has ended. An attacking 4-2-3-1 not unlike Napoli has been set as the main formation, with a 4-5-1 of counter style as second choice. The first has been the more tested, with not much luck. Results have been an alternance of wins and draws that show the defence lacks solidity. Too many chances are conceded each match with only one clean sheer. Players have improved their performances as if they are learning the systems, but it feels not fast enough. However is of note that it could cram seven matches in that little time and bring the full squad to match fitness, something that wasn't possible over a larger period of time in the past summers at Inter and Napoli. Second match of the season will be against Barcelona at the Santiago Bernabéu. [size="#5F0000"]That's too soon for my taste.[/color]

TgrS2Do.jpg

- Transfers and players movements:

One more transfer was done before the end of the window and it was to buy a centreback. Fernando Hierro, who is the DoF and who I'm trying to use as the club works that way and keeping him was one of the promises, managed to hire Martín Rodríguez as a rotation player. Though Viktoria had to make the negotiation with the club, as Hierro didn't understand how important she felt was the signing. Other moves that were not shown but were made was to bring Kochanski to the first team from Castilla and send there Rudiger and Ginter.

z3WfJXA.jpg

LHxPiIS.jpg

OkA7tGk.jpg

s940JrZ.jpg

nDOmFo3.jpg

FEuxGfq.jpg

- Competitions:

· Supercopa: The fist leg at Mestalla saw Viktoria's first competitive defeat at Real Madrid, 1-2, and the start of a Madrid sport press campaign to sack her, wich Marca and As making vignettes not much more tasteful than Sport's or Mundo Deportivo's. At Santiago Bernabéu the thrashing was clear and the 5-0 saw Real Madrid Supercopa champion on an aggregate 6-2 with a temporary calm from local press. James set the record for goals in a match by a single player with four.

ZL7mKrS.jpg

4YOHmSr.jpg

NUMFngN.jpg

X9q9YDU.jpg

Taken in 4 November. She's won more than half of the matches she's managed.

· Champions League: Real Madrid, tipped among the favourites and with the board demanding to reach the final, started strongly with a 4-0 beating over Ajax, the later 0-0 draw at Malmö FF not being enough to prevent Real Madrid to qualify for first knock out round with two matches to go. In the visit to Amsterdam a defeat made the first place be in serious danger, as a win and non victory of the Dutch in their final match against Anderlecht was needed. The conditions were met so Real Madrid passed as top of the group.

6sFDhRt.jpg

IBHu2ci.jpg

dRgKRND.jpg

gX3uvit.jpg

· Copa del Rey: Just played the first leg of the first round played by Real Madrid against Alcoyano. A tie that can be passed with eight Castilla or U19 team players in the team.

· Liga BBVA: A strong start as expected that made it seem like it could be a boring season, though a few trips are making Barcelona able to keep within touch in second place. It seems the season will be decided in the later days. The defeat against Granada needed a false penalty awarded to them to get that result.

The match against Sevilla was Viktoria's 400th match. The Granada match saw Ronaldo set the record for oldest goalscorer for Real Madrid.

CRMqb62.jpg

XQI3JeP.jpg

PJrjDu2.jpg

OzuSjJX.jpg

- Squad.

There were some bad and nasty news, though. In the bad, Gareth Bale picked a 2-3 months injury at the end of November. In the very nasty and horrible news, 1st November Bernard suffered damaged cruciate ligaments that will keep him out for the rest of the season. Just when he had picked up his performances.

Inglis was Viktoria's third choice for a striker and the one Hierro got as a rotation option, but during preseason Viktoria saw he was going to be the main striker for the team. He's not disappointed, being the top goalscorer and having one more assist than James Rodríguez, the team's apparent best player. He may not have the most assists and goals, but when he's on the pitch, the whole team plays much better. Ah, if only we had the money to bring Cañón Moral and have him along James and Inglis we'd be unbeatable. ((Truly he's hands down the best real player I've had ever in FM. With Cañón Moral the best regen ever.))

I'm not completely happy with the pass completion ratios until I think how we've been playing, reaching the opposition's area fast and therefore trying a high amount of difficult passes to cut the defence, which explains so many below 80%. The goalkeepers' below 50%, however, is worrying and I should be telling them to be mindful of their distribution.

Q5kmXJy.jpg

L6qAeTE.jpg

7ASk5Td.jpg

ErEEdsp.jpg

To fill in for Bernard's absence, as Kling so far doesn't feel a reliable striker to give Inglis rotation, Jimmy Mellberg has been signed and will be merengue in January.

C07Day5.jpg

- Finances:

At the end of the transfer window the situation seemed healthy, but as the season has progressed with high bonuses and payments, it has deteriorated and reached red numbers.

3EWGMFV.jpg

Initial finances after summer transfer window

e2HTz2W.jpg

Rr66txa.jpg

YGYpELB.jpg

vpngnAr.jpg

ZQEAOJp.jpg

3577b9y.jpg

HFQSJqT.jpg

uM1PypM.jpg

Current finances.

- Copa del Rey: Let's take the kids to the park sums it up.

- Champions League: Celtic will be the first knock out round rival. Supposed to be easy. No matchs combinations that could ensure big teams falling at this stage and easy teams passing on.

- League: Two slips against Valencia and Sevilla matched by Barcelona ones. Then a chance to get away and have the title almost sure. It started bad with Mosqueda making a hasty challenge in the area and a penalty. It went then seeming to favour Barcelona with small tactical changes improving things. Then after the half time the team decided to leave the brains in the locker room. Alone by the middle of the pitch? Clear it to corner! In the small area with a rival on top? Weak pass to the goalie! The bad thing about that was losing the goal difference. Now a tie in points is Barcelona ahead.

IBij2OK.jpg

osJcGAF.jpg

Pass ratio hasn't improved significantly. James' scoring has dropped from the initial outburst but he still produces. Inglish has raised to be the league's top goalscorer. Only two players with average ratings below 7.00 ((never had that)) and they're not badly rated. Martinengo is a youth team that got promoted to the first team when he was used in the Copa del Rey. Also, Inglis has improved his game by getting acustomed to try breaking the offside trap. James has been injured three times now.

rTEkEGD.jpg

Inglis%20to%20break%20offside%20traps.jpg~original

Injury%20table.jpg~original

Only transfer addition was Mellberg to ensure injuries can't cause a difficult situation without strikers, after Bernard's injury. Llorente signed a contract to move to PSG at the end of the contract.

Jimmy%20Mellberg.jpg~original

Llorente%20to%20PSG.jpg~original

Final%20stages%20ECL%20registration.jpg~original

Financially, things haven't gone well, with the balance negative and projected positive balance decreasing alarmingly. Transfer revenue is reduced and, after reelection, the president took a loan. Still the team is expected to comply with FFP.

Silva%20transfer%20income.jpg~original

Garciacutea%20transfer%20income.jpg~original

Reelected%20president.jpg~original

FFP%20to%20be%20met.jpg~original

Decrease%20to%20transfer%20revenue%20stays.jpg~original

Finances.jpg~original

I'm not sure how to feel about the season that has just gone by. I would say disappointed. It's got its positives: win the league, take the cup from Barça's hands, expelling Barça from the Champions League... but being sent out of that in semifinals and the way we did is painful. I thought we had enough to get a good result in the first leg against Manchester United and we went ahead. But then we were half an hour from finishing and 1-2 down, I thought we'd need a goal to have a better chance and it was them who took it. Then in the second half the ultraoffensive tactic didn't work, it failed to create the needed spaces, but it had that damned look of being close, having several chances for a great last pass missed and in the end that eager search for goal costed us big.

NnSWc5s.jpg

ieurrCV.jpg

cz2mGWA.jpg

AKVHa6o.jpg

bWJSvpc.jpg

It was a pity Stewart Inglis didn't get the Trofeo Pichichi; but he was our best player and the cheaper of them. Others did win their corresponding awards... including me! The bad side is shortly after his prize, I received a note that Kling seemed to stop progressing in training.

GDsDivt.jpg

z0tavCG.jpg

xXrR6zQ.jpg

gAUBTab.jpg

LOIeFpc.jpg

FKM5xyU.jpg

ebWZ24D.jpg

SZ7ZIVX.jpg

Finances ended in a bad position, with the balance negative and projected profit not enough to turn things around, though FFP was passed for this term. Payout for league position was higher than the prize. Mosqueda was sold (and Kongolo) to make some money, which made Barão and some others angry, though in a meeting I could allay the anger of all but Bernard. DoF has also made two signings for the new season. Before the season ended Ronaldo was one match away from automatic one year extension, with finances as they are and his €300K p/w wages I didn't use him any more. That made him retire along some other players finishing their contracts. Kroos will be offered as he was homesick and he has the biggest contract.

AghAsM8.jpg

Xlr8u52.jpg

cyaP2c1.jpg

cuOjiaR.jpg

2mUseuO.jpg

ToZqBiI.jpg

KKYXDbg.jpg

fQEARZN.jpg

RmGBGqP.jpg

KzrJ3iN.jpg

0q78NUT.jpg

0FQnieF.jpg

Kz85hn5.jpg

PhsMyFZ.jpg

3K6HqDG.jpg

qpnpntR.jpg

4vKS5uK.jpg

E1AwEQm.jpg

Despite all, Real Madrid is still high in the rich ranking and third in the reputation ranking, growing in both. Even after the facilities have been downgraded.

zurFBCD.jpg

jatum3K.jpg

ogg9mW6.jpg

One thing I've found about Real Madrid is holidays begin way too late. I could only arrange for five weeks of preseason. At last the past one showed this team has enough with that. I took holidays this time, with Hierro in charge of transfers.
((I found out why nobody had been renewed since January: that responsibility had not been set to DoF, I set it around 20 June, when I realized the mistake)) We need a goalkeeper and I would like to try bring Cañón Moral, but between how expensive he'll be and that Inglis has done well, perhaps it'd be more important to find someone who can put in the assists of Mosqueda, as Inglis there would be much less effective.

oAa7aNG.jpg

WIh2vY7.jpg

Finally, a look at Viktoria at this point:

rAvSQun.jpg

mokyPJZ.jpg

New potrait is Mikasa ABSS by Sakimichan. Click for source page.

((There was many more screenies I took, transfer clauses and other secondary stuff, finally I decided to cut off some so as not to make that update too long. Still too image heavy, I guess.

So, FM16 Beta is out and it's a bit over two weeks for the full release and I'm not sure what to do.
Do I rest from FM so when full release is out I'm fresh instead of closing on to burn out?
Begin a save with FM16 Beta? If so, which? A develop one team from some lower division to the top? Since there are changes to how manager reputation works, a new journeyman career?
I've realized I've played two journeyman careers and both have been with female managers, so I'm considering perhaps turn it into a sort of tradition: club save = male manager, journeyman = female manager.
I can also try to play one more season of this and see if I get the Champions League trophy. This season has looked a bit boring at times, with so many wins; but it's not been as much as when I've tried Real Madrid from the start, when it's way more overpowered, and though I won almost every match, many of them required small tactical changes to adapt to the rival, plug holes in defence, make them in the rival's... I think a new season at Real Madrid has a risk of becoming as boring but it may keep the interest this past season has have. I only felt threat of boredom briefly at one or two points of the season, when there wasn't Champions League to play.))

I saved into avi some good goals and I've uploaded to youtube. James Rodríguez was a machine of making spectacular goals, not all of which were recorded.

[video=youtube;D-byWBTW_eQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-byWBTW_eQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]