• Replies Replies 124
  • Views Views 7K
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deslandes

Reaction score
The Examiner said:

So says the ticking clock at the FIFA website

Around the world, people are full of anticipation for one of the greatest sporting events held for one of the most popular sports, football, or as we in the United States know it, soccer.

The majority will watch and wait to cheer on their favorite team. Unfortunately, the event also provides the venue and opportunity for terrorist groups such as the North African based al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb to grab headlines. This group, as the quote below indicates, are threatening to bring death and destruction to a live, worldwide audience.

"How amazing could the match United States vs. Britain be when broadcasted live on air at a stadium packed with spectators when the sound of an explosion rumbles through the stands, the whole stadium is turned upside down and the number of dead bodies are in their dozens and hundreds, Allah willing,"

http://www.examiner.com/x-41853-Homeland-Security-Examiner~y2010m4d8-The-World-Cup-and-alQaeda

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not suprising really,terrorists are a threat at any major event.

Didn't they also say that they would attack Wembley on it's opening day?
It's just a way for them to remind people they are capable of anything (like we all forgot) but I don't think they will actually do anything.

They just want attention because Osama has been telling them off for not making him popular again.

Don't they realise they would be more likely killing more South Africans than British and American people..

Didn't they also say that they would attack Wembley on it's opening day?
It's just a way for them to remind people they are capable of anything (like we all forgot) but I don't think they will actually do anything.

I hope to god your right

Its not suprising really,terrorists are a threat at any major event.

yes, if in ACN an unknown group to the world did what we know, I don't even want to think in what could happen... However, I think that both the USA and England teams will be heavily guarded, and that we will have great surveillance in that stadium... I think that the national teams from other countries with less relevance are a major target, as they won't have as many security as some teams like USA, England, France, etc will have...

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

I hope to god your right

the same here, Togo was enough for 2010

EDIT- unfortunately enough, btw

stupid muppets, as long as they kill Julius Malema, i dont frankly give a **** :P

Don't they realise they would be more likely killing more South Africans than British and American people..

What do you think what gets more media attention- slaughtering a hundred Africans or executing a single Brit

What do you think what gets more media attention- slaughtering a hundred Africans or executing a single Brit

Thats what I am saying, it doesn't make sence, Why not just attack the UK directly, would have a much larger affect, like the london bombings?

To be honest, I am pretty sure they threaten every ****** country and major event in the world, and considering how high the security 'should' be at the WC, I can imagine, maybe 20 easier targets to hit that would have a greater affect?

In the end tho, they are holy warriors of the holyland or something, so I don't think it really has to make sence when you have that mentality.

You're right, but I think it would be easier for them slaughtering a hundred africans. Due to this and other rumours, every single Brit will be under heavy guard

You're right, but I think it would be easier for them slaughtering a hundred africans. Due to this and other rumours, every single Brit will be under heavy guard

The bigger the effect if they get something past all that security. But lets hope they don't.

To be honest threats are simply put threats nothing more security will be on higher alert now.
What I have never understood though is why they dont have a terrorist attack on November 5th (Bonfire Night)oO)

To be honest threats are simply put threats nothing more security will be on higher alert now.
What I have never understood though is why they dont have a terrorist attack on November 5th (Bonfire Night)oO)

Because eveyone would just think that someone ****** up a bonfire and it wasn't a terrorist attack?! ;)

Idiots, Why would ruin such a great sporting event that unites many countries together and then try to ruin it by blood shed :@

This **** and the Race war going on. Great one.

this tournament could turn very horrible very quickly

South Africa should never have got the world cup in the first place the got it for purely political reasons.
Typical Football can unite most relegions and races but not the Muslims whiney buch of bastards allways threataning or protesting about something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back