View attachment 917433View attachment 240169

Newcastle United have confirmed striker, Jordan Rhodes has been ruled out for 3 weeks with a pulled hamstring.

The injury was picked up in training in a reported 7v7 training exercise.

Rhodes only joined Newcastle in the summer for a reported £9 million. Rhodes had been in excellent form this season scoring an impressive 16 goals in 19 appearances.

Rhodes has shown that the jump from the Championship to the Premier League can be done, he's currently beating the so called 'big named players' in the goal scoring charts.

View attachment 240168

He's the league's top scorer with 13 goals, 2 in front of Man Utd forward, Falcao.

It leaves Newcastle with a tough decision ... who replaces Rhodes in such form. Ayoze Perez is the favourite to replace him with Aleksandar Mitrovic and Papiss Cisse the other options.​

View attachment 239914
View attachment 239913

After that brilliant win in the cup against Chelsea, we were as confident as ever coming up against Burnley who were sitting in 13th place.

We didn't play as well as we did against Chelsea but we still did enough to claim all 3 points.

Jordan Rhodes got us on our way just after the half our mark with a well placed finish past the keeper.

Danny Ings then levelled just before half time.

It was then a surprise scorer who re-took the lead for us ... Ron Vlaar with, what turned out to be, the winner with a bullet header.

View attachment 239912

View attachment 239910
View attachment 239911

A very, very good performance and win here!

Jordan Rhodes continued his good form by bagging a brace against a struggling Aston Villa side.

His first was a well placed penalty after Mousa Sissoko broke into the area and was chopped down by Okore.

His second then came late in the game when it was again Sissoko who fed through the striker, Rhodes then finished brilliantly.

We played really well all game and never really gave Villa an opportunity.

View attachment 239909

View attachment 239906
View attachment 239907

A very good win which makes us huge favourites for the second leg to be played next week.

I gave some of our fringe players a chance today by giving starts to Steven Taylor, Rolando Aarons and Adam Armstrong.

And it was Armstrong who broke the deadline with his second goal in 3 games after moving up from the youth sides. He finished brilliantly after Aarons put in a good cross from the left.

It was arguably Aarons who impressed the most out of the fringe players as he ran Bellerin ragged.

We doubled our lead late on as Georginio Wijnaldum laced the ball past Alex McCarthy into the top corner. Wijnaldum has been a huge part for us this season as he continues to impress.

This was one of our best performances this season as we dominated throughout the game.

View attachment 239905

After 3 league wins in a row, the win against QPR was the end of the month and the end of the year ...

View attachment 239902

We end the month in 19 place and on 28 points.

This is the exact half way stage of the season and I'd say we're pretty much on track to finish in the top 8 which was my personal target for this season.

Our good performance this season didn't go unnoticed as Moussa Sissoko came third in the player of the month award ...

View attachment 239895

Sissoko has been brilliant for us this season and December was no different.

I now just worry if the reported interest from Man City materialise next month when the transfer window opens.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH:
View attachment 239900

MANAGER OF THE MONTH:

View attachment 239894

View attachment 239890

HULL SACK STEVE BRUCE AS MANAGER.

Hull City have announced the departure of manager Steve Bruce after a poor run of form left them bottom of the league table.

Despite sitting rock bottom in the Premier League, Hull re still only 2 points behind Leicester in 17th place.

Hull have only recorded 2 wins in the last 12 league games, with 8 losses on the bounce.

Bruce joined Hull in 2012 and led the side into the Premier League at the first attempt. He then improved on this by keeping the side in the Premiership in their first season whilst also making it to the FA Cup final where they eventually lost to Arsenal.

Bookmakers are showing the early favorites to replace Bruce as, Harry Redknapp, Stuart Gray and Nigel Clough​

Whilst the Premier League mourned its first managerial casualty, we concentrated on our first game of the new year, an away trip to face Swansea ...

View attachment 239885

A bore draw!

I can't tell you how mad I was at Cheik Tiote who was shown a red card in the very first minute of the game!

It was a stupid foul which the midfielder committed and deservedly got sent off. I was furious with him.

After going down to 10 men, Swansea really dominated and will be disappointed not to claim all 3 points. Newcastle offered very little.

At full time I was ready to let rip at Cheik Tiote! Sadly, he hadn'y bothered to stay at watch the game, he'd gone straight home after seeing red.

After the teamtalk I asked Nolberto Solano to make sure Tiote came to my office on Monday morning 9am.

I was so angry, I was ready to fine him before I'd even seen him.

What made matters worse is that he just left the ground after getting sent off. The least I would have expected would be for him to stay behind and accept his telling off.

View attachment 239884

Anyway, Monday morning 9am came and went. At around 10:15 Cheick comes strolling into my office (didn't even knock) and sat down.

Cheick Tiote - "I'm sorry boss, it was a silly foul that I shouldn't have made! I'm sorry"

He 100% did NOT mean this apology. I could feel myself getting red with anger!

Alan Shearer - Who the **** do you think you are?!

Cheick Tiote - "Pardon?"

Alan Shearer - I asked you who the **** you think you are! You get here 1 hour and 15 minutes late, you come swanning in my office and pretend to be sorry whilst grinning! Give me one reason why I shouldn't fine you right now!

Cheick Tiote - "Calm down boss. Who do I think I am? I think I'm the vice-captain here and probably the best footballer at this club. Certainly the best midfielder. Try and fine me and I'll have my agent on the phone to every club in the top 4 leagues and you'll be without your best player"

Alan Shearer - Wow! You are seriously deluded. Do you seriously think you're better than Mousa or Wijnaldum? Vernon Anita been playing better than you so far this season. **** you're threat, I've already agreed with the chairman to dock you 2 weeks wages.

Cheick Tiote - "How dare you! Expect a call from my agent this afternoon"

He walks out slamming the door behind him.

I was furious!

Later that afternoon, as promised, my phone started to ring. Low and behold it was the agent of Cheick Tiote ... I couldn't wait to answer it ...

View attachment 239883

Alan Shearer - Hello.

Agent - "Hello Alan. I'm sure you've been expecting my call"

Alan Shearer - Yes, what can I do for you?

Agent - "I want you to know that Cheick is really not happy with the way you handled things early today and ..."

I stopped him in his tracks ...

Alan Shearer - Let me tell you something you may already know ... I don't give a **** about Cheik. The way he disrespected me, the clubs, the fans and most of all his teammates is shocking.

Agent - "But ..."

I stopped him again ...

Alan Shearer - You can threaten me all you like about him moving on, the truth is I don't want anyone like him in my dressing room! He's not half as good as he thinks he is.

Agent - "Alan, think about this first. We don't want to move on but we will do if we're forced. All you need to do is rescind the fine and offer Cheick and public apology"

Alan Shearer - You can both **** yourselves. I'll even make your job easier, I'll put the lad on the transfer list this afternoon. He hasn't got a future here anymore anyway.

Agent - "Alan, it doesn't need to be like this. Just calm down and I'll phone you again tomorrow"

Alan Shearer - Don't bother. Tell Cheick to take a couple of weeks off, I don't even want him around the training ground.

View attachment 918125View attachment 239881

CHEICK TIOTE PLACED ON TRANSFER LIST BY NEWCASTLE.

Our sources understand that Newcastle boss, Alan Shearer has placed midfielder and vice captain, Cheick Tiote on the transfer list.

It is thought the Ivorian had a bust up with Shearer yesterday after getting sent off against Swansea after just 1 minute.

An insider has gone on record to say Shearer was furious with Tiote and has even banned the midfielder from entering the clubs training ground.

It is thought Newcastle will want around £10 million for the experienced midfielder with Shakhtar, Marseille, Tottenham and Benfica all said to be interested.​