• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajt09

Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
Just breaking on SSN. Cardiff City are currently in talks with Newcastle legend Alan Shearer, with a view to making him manager. Bookies are suddenly reporting a massive surge of bets, regarding this situation, amid various reports he is to become the manager of the club, as replacement for Dave Jones.

Shearer has previously admitted he would be prepared to manage outside the Premier League if the right opportunity came along.
Speaking just a few weeks ago, Shearer said: "I loved the eight weeks I had at Newcastle. I loved the problems and challenges it brought every day, but I'm also not too daft to see that the longer you're out of the game the harder it is to get back in.
"If the right one was to come along then, yeah, I would look at it. I'm not desperate to go in at a club that's got nothing and where I'm peeing against the wind. I'm not naive enough to say I'm not going in unless I can be a Premier League manager, I'm not that stupid. Somewhere along the line you've got to do your apprenticeship. But I'd want half a chance of being successful at it."

Really surprised they're going for him tbh, not sure how well he would do

I'm surprised aswell. He doesn't really have the experience-wasn't it like 8 weeks at Newcastle or something like that?

Very suprised to be honest, but i wish him well if he takes the job. Im a little ****** off they didnt want Lawrensen or Hansen as MOTD would be a better place without either of them and i actually dont mind Shearer. Even though his quote about Newcastle signing Ben Arfa and him turning out some great performances was "this lad has come in and nobody has hardly heard of him". Really Alan??? Might need to sharpen up on his scouting techniques watching players etc. Good luck to the England legend in Wales if he gets the job though.

he could be spectacular or a complete fail all the same... owing to his legacy etc. this also may be a huge coup for Cardiff, u never know

Saw this a few hours ago, apparently everything is pretty much done.

Just dotting I's and crossing T's. Should be appointed by the end of the week..

Well, good luck to him. Hard not to like the guy, even though he can be a bit dull sometimes. Just hope it doesn't backfire spectacularly for him or the club.

Thank ****. Does this mean he won't be on MOTD any more? For 6 months at least..

david may superstarr won more medals than shearer
shearer is a **** hope he gets it then gets sacked geordie ****

Unless you have anything contructive to say on this topic (which by the looks of it I sincerely doubt), either say something sensible (lol) or stfu. Capiche?

Upset troll will troll.

Leave it out. Completely unnecessary.
behind gerrard and tevez, he's the person i hate the most

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Unless you have anything contructive to say on this topic (which by the looks of it I sincerely doubt), either say something sensible (lol) or stfu. Capiche?
i hope he doesn't do very well as i hate him. thats just my POV

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

If you don't like someone that's up to you. Just no need to go ott

Why didn't you just say that then. Rest of it wasn't necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back