Alan Shearer in Talks With Cardiff City regarding Managerial Vacancy

• Thread starter Thread starter ajt09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every manager has to start somewhere, and if you leave out his 8 week stint at Newcastle, Cardiff would be the perfect place for Shearer to prove his managerial credentials. He will straight away walk into a club that has a good set-up already, on a good platform from successive playoffs in the Championship, a new stadium and a strong fan-base.

But unlike his time at Newcastle, he will have the time to bring in his own players and squad and implement his own style of play ahead of the new season- Which every manager should get a chance to do, regardless of what level they are managing at.

Good luck too him- Hopefully the start of a great managerial career!

Didn't realise there was such a hatred for Shearer amongsts mancs and wannabe mancs because he chose his hometown over their oh so great club... Shearer wasn't to blame for our relegation, that falls between Fat Freddy, Ashley and our not so merry band of mercenaries.

Glad to see Shearer finally getting into management, would have thought a team with lower expectations would be better for him to start off at though, not a team expected to challenge for promotion, and even if he achieved that he'd have to face being in the Premiership with an understrength squad and fighting off relegation. Hopefully we can establish a link between Newcastle and Cardiff to loan players to them though, would be especially good for our young strikers, maybe even Ranger...

Didn't realise there was such a hatred for Shearer amongsts mancs and wannabe mancs because he chose his hometown over their oh so great club... Shearer wasn't to blame for our relegation, that falls between Fat Freddy, Ashley and our not so merry band of mercenaries.

There is no real hatred for Shearer, just from tht one guy... Shearer is a legend and always will be.

Lot of Cardiff fans feeling doomed already and i'll admit I was at first but ive come to see sense that I need to support my club whoever is in charge

Shearer will have great contacts and has done more coaching badges since time with Toon, if hes appointed i'll back him 100%. Sometimes a risk is needed especially after Dave Jones - which was good for the club but needed change

This. I just do not understand why they haven't gone with someone who's more proven. I'm all for clubs giving people a chance, but managing in the Championship can be just as daunting as in the Prem.

Surprised they didn't snap up our Cotterill!

Mackay's done wonderfully well at Watford, and I expect him to move on, since Watford are selling their good players.

Glad to see Shearer finally getting into management, would have thought a team with lower expectations would be better for him to start off at though, not a team expected to challenge for promotion, and even if he achieved that he'd have to face being in the Premiership with an understrength squad and fighting off relegation. Hopefully we can establish a link between Newcastle and Cardiff to loan players to them though, would be especially good for our young strikers, maybe even Ranger...

should probably take a step back and realise one person =/= all mancs.......

Seems talks broke down, shame. Would like t have seen what he could have done

Last edited:
You may have a point...but Dave Jones is the most gloomiest **** in the world.

dave-jones_1015597c.jpg

Meet... Julio Cesar Falcioni:

3734463w-640x640x80.jpg

Boca Juniors' manager.

should probably take a step back and realise one person =/= all mancs.......

Seems talks broke down, shame. Would like t have seen what he could have done

He seems to be a very stubborn person. Like he 'deserves' a top job because he was a top player kind of thing. Of course that is all speculation.

Anyone know the reason why he didn't take it?

Anyone know the reason why he didn't take it?

Im starting to think he dosent believe in himself as a manager. Proberly spend the rest of his days on that mangy old sofa talking ****.

If he says he would be prepared to take a job outside the prem, then turns it down due to lack of budget, he's not doing himself any favours. Not every club is loaded with money outside the prem surely he knows that? He could've done well at Cardiff. They've got good players, and imo are in a position to make it to the prem. He may regret this

One step forward and two steps back if Cardiff do this. Great players don't always make great managers. For a club looking to push on and gain automatic promotion, they should be looking at experienced managers.

One step forward and two steps back if Cardiff do this. Great players don't always make great managers. For a club looking to push on and gain automatic promotion, they should be looking at experienced managers.

Who would you define as an 'experienced manager'

Who would you define as an 'experienced manager'

Someone who's won promotion before I suppose, Di Matteo or Hughton. Now just realised there aren't that many decent 'experienced managers' on the market because although Hughton and Di Matteo have both won promotion, there CV's have little depth in terms of management. Wonder if they might go for Billy Davies but he's just done the same thing as Jones did at Forest the past two seasons. They're all better options than Shearer though. Shearer has done his coaching badges though so he might consider going into management again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back