Alan Shearer in Talks With Cardiff City regarding Managerial Vacancy

• Thread starter Thread starter ajt09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, So they Sack DAve Jones, who took them to the play offs 2 years in a row, even though he has to work under great fininical restraits, a winding up order and many other board room problems, and then Hire a man who only managerial achievement is getting relelgated with Newcastle... And Football isnt in a sad state of affairs. Right?

Well, this is... random.

Good luck to him.

Hope he does well. Then when Mike Cashley sacks Pardew for Newcastle finishing Mid-Table and him not receiving profits on our players Shearer steps in and takes us to European glory. There's always room for a little optimism!

Lol, So they Sack DAve Jones, who took them to the play offs 2 years in a row, even though he has to work under great fininical restraits, a winding up order and many other board room problems, and then Hire a man who only managerial achievement is getting relelgated with Newcastle... And Football isnt in a sad state of affairs. Right?

This. I just do not understand why they haven't gone with someone who's more proven. I'm all for clubs giving people a chance, but managing in the Championship can be just as daunting as in the Prem.

david may superstarr won more medals than shearer
shearer is a **** hope he gets it then gets sacked geordie ****

Shearer-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------May

And thats being uber kind to May.

Shearer-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------May

Lets look at trophies. ;)

i'm not saying may was better but remind me, out of the two of them
who won more medals?who won the treble?

Lets look at trophies. ;)

We dont need to surely lol

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

i'm not saying may was better but remind me, out of the two of them
who won more medals?who won the treble?

May played for a better side simple as that. Shearer could have walked into any side in England and even most in Europe but decided to stay loyal to the club he loves.

thought this was about shearer as manager?

not shearer vs may

thought this was about shearer as manager?

not shearer vs may

Mike, you should know by now that all threads will end up with Someone/thing vs Man United/Liverpool.

Mike, you should know by now that all threads will end up with Someone/thing vs Man United/Liverpool.

I know, just putting it out there before i get all cunty

Sigh, dont be so naive. For a good few season's now Jones had one of the better sides in the league, especially last season with Bellamy & Chopra. Sure he did well initially with Cardiff but I think a change was needed.

well his highlight as a manager was taking newcastle down! back on topic

8 games with any side, let alone that Newcastle side with all the **** that happened that year would be **** near impossible for almost everyone. He deserves credit for tarnishing his reputation and taking the job.

It's risky from Cardiff but Swansea took the chance on Martinez & MK Dons hired Di Matteo, Middlesbrough hired McLaren etc etc everyone needs to start somewhere. I reckon an experienced assistant would be beneficial to him too.

Good luck to him.

Sigh, dont be so naive. For a good few season's now Jones had one of the better sides in the league, especially last season with Bellamy & Chopra. Sure he did well initially with Cardiff but I think a change was needed.

He has still worked under great finicial pressure, even last season, He had about 6 players made up of loan signing, the long term injury to bellamy, he only made about 12 starts or something. Bothroyd loss of form after the england call up. The lack of money was still evident, whilst the demands where stupidily high.

He has still worked under great finicial pressure, even last season, He had about 6 players made up of loan signing, the long term injury to bellamy, he only made about 12 starts or something. Bothroyd loss of form after the england call up. The lack of money was still evident, whilst the demands where stupidly high.

Come on Scott, don't make up silly facts. He started 35 games (1) sub and scored 11 goals. he was decent but overall it was lacklustre in comparison to the season before where he earned major praise for his performances at the highest level.

I'm not doubting Jones, he did an amazing job but they have fallen at the last hurdle for three seasons now. After 7 seasons (I think) maybe they just need a change in direction or a fresh approach.

Loan signings are not cheap, the likes of Koumas, Olefangani (sp), Bellamy & the rest still require their wages paid. Not many sides in the championship have that kind of wage budget.

Come on Scott, don't make up silly facts. He started 35 games (1) sub and scored 11 goals. he was decent but overall it was lacklustre in comparison to the season before where he earned major praise for his performances at the highest level.

I'm not doubting Jones, he did an amazing job but they have fallen at the last hurdle for three seasons now. After 7 seasons (I think) maybe they just need a change in direction or a fresh approach.

Loan signings are not cheap, the likes of Koumas, Olefangani (sp), Bellamy & the rest still require their wages paid. Not many sides in the championship have that kind of wage budget.

A lot of them loan signings Wages where subsides by the parent clubs, like Cardiff only paid about 20% of Bellamys.

I can see the new direction/ approach side, but the original point of my post was, it is stupid to get Shearer in, What has the manager actually done to warrant taking on a job of this size, It is only going to get bigger with Swansea now in the EPL, Shearer is going to have more pressure.

You may have a point...but Dave Jones is the most gloomiest **** in the world.

dave-jones_1015597c.jpg

Eww.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back