Album(s) of 2008

Foals- Antidotes
Cut Copy- In ghost colours
MGMT- Oracular spectacular (probably the best of the bunch)
Squarepusher- Just a Souvenir
The Whip- X marks destination (from Manchester I believe- check it)
Black kids- Partie Traumatic
Death cab for cutie- Narrow stairs (nowhere near the older stuff in terms of quality but still a very good listen)
Friendly Fires- Self titled

I thought the Death Cab album was really dull cept for the 8 min song which name slips my mind.

The Death Cab Album is ok.....I like Cath, but nowhere near as good as their older stuff....

Downloaded first album from 09, the White Lies debut, its pretty epic in places! 7.5/10

Arc-Angels, they don't have any albums for sale but their music is real eighties style, best i've heard in a long time

Was nothing special last year, I liked Metallica's Death Magnetic, Snow Patrol's A Hundred Million Suns and afew songs off Kings of Leon's Only By The Night and Oasis' Dig Out Your Soul. I forgot to mention I very much liked Nickelback's new album Dark Horse their other album All The Right Reasons doesn't count seeing it was origionally released in 2005

Last edited:
but it wasnt really was it......apart from the first 4 songs, it was very boring.

James Morrison - Songs for you, Truths for me
I love it but I guess its a personal album, if you know what I mean

Those dancing Days - Those dancing Days
aha I acually really like them

oh yhh and Antidotes was a great album why do half the people on here think foals are ****?

Kanye West - 808's & Heartbreak
kanye's unstoppable?!

oh yhh and Antidotes was a great album why do half the people on here think foals are ****?

Kanye West - 808's & Heartbreak
kanye's unstoppable?!

I agree m8 :)
The Game - L.A.X
Lil Wayne - The Carter 3
Were both also great albums in the hip hop scene.

What's that got to do with this thread? :|

L.A.X. was not bad I liked L.A.X. Files.
How come nobody mentioned Untitled (******) by Nas? I think Nas finally came back to his Illmatic level (which he did not reach with Stillmatic). Sly Fox, America, Black President, Hero, Ya'll My *******, Hero, all being very good tracks...

I really enjoyed Blitzen Trapper's Furr. But I'm an old fart :D

L.A.X. was not bad I liked L.A.X. Files.
How come nobody mentioned Untitled (******) by Nas? I think Nas finally came back to his Illmatic level (which he did not reach with Stillmatic). Sly Fox, America, Black President, Hero, Ya'll My *******, Hero, all being very good tracks...

Yea Dat Album Is Good Aswell
Hero Was A Banger!!

Personally my choice is Alas, I cannot swim by Laura Marling

Kings of Leon come in second