Dowey09

Reaction score
(For those that haven't heard of him)

If you're on 10.3 check Alex Smithies out he starts off at Huddersfield and should be available to buy for under £2 million til at least 3 seasons in. He can provide back up to top clubs from the start and with a PA of at least 170 on each game, he ends up as one of the best keepers in the world.

Definitely worth checking out ;)

Yeah I knew he would turn ace in the 10.2 patch as well.Bought him with QPR and kept me in the league for like two seasons.

can u post screenshot of him being (a best in the world keeper) cos everytime i have had him hes been good but not exactly best in the world as u put it

im in season 2013 and managing bayern munich and also england manager. i saw him and gave him his 1st england cap when joe hart was injured he is currently at bolton and hes stats are pretty good. i would say a definate buy.

it was changed to -9 in 10.3, and you can get him for as little as £1.2million :)

Ye Smithies is the dogs nuts! One of the best English keepers on the game

can someone explain to me what -8 or -9 means please?

it means there potenial abillity will be inbetween 160-180 for -8 i think then 170-190 for -9 then 180-200 for -10

it is radomly chosen in between the number bracket so he will have a different ability in everyones game

I am very new to FM. Can you please tell me where I can find the potential ability numbers (-8 or -9, for example)? Thank you very much.

it means there potenial abillity will be inbetween 160-180 for -8 i think then 170-190 for -9 then 180-200 for -10

it is radomly chosen in between the number bracket so he will have a different ability in everyones game

I think it's 180-200 for -10, 150-180 for -9 and 120-150 for -8

I think it's 180-200 for -10, 150-180 for -9 and 120-150 for -8

im not sure it is becuase it goes down to -5 i think those are players like lansburys, murphy and by your theory there potenial ability would be like a 100 but they all turn out quite good players, im pretty sure there is a thread which explains it in detail but i can't seem to find it.

yer i brought him and loaned him out to a championship team and he seemed to do alright

Signed him for £1.2 million on my Sheffield Wednesday save with the 10.3 patch.

Worth every penny. In one season he improves to become as good as Joe Hart in his first season. He improves year on year to become pure class and becomes England's future No1. Sign him as soon as possible as a championship side, play him as an ever present and sign a decent goalkeeping coach and he will reward you.

Leave him at Huddersfield and his stats don't improve at all. A real hidden gem.

Just bought him for my A.C Milan side as an understudy to dida and abbiatti, gave him soem experience in some serie a fames and all champions league as had easy group, after a handfull of appeareances hes now shafted both dida and abbiatti out of the picture in just under half a season very good player even in big derby s like Juventus, Inter etc.

Any screenshots of him in the 2nd or 3rd season?