All the success feels like cheating

rehan14

Reaction score
After 5 trophy filled seasons as Arsenal, I feel like I've cheated...

Honours: League (2) Champions lge (2) F.A (3) League cup (3) World Club (2)

Even though I am very happy with the success, the players I have bought and let go is, in one word, RIDICULOUS

Ridiculous players in: Aguero, Hazard, Balotelli, Neymar, Busquets, P.Jones

Ridiculous players in & then out: Benzema, Hamsik

Realistic players in: Rodwell, Douglas Costa, G.Cahill, K.Walker, L.Baines, C.Fierro, Fabio

Guilty releases: Yaya Sanogo, Ramsey, Song, Koscielny, Walcott, Gervinho

Players should have bought when available: Kadlec, Romario, Guilherme, D.Sturridge

As seen, the first 2 rows are unrealistic... I should never be able to buy such outrageous players (tbh they were VERY expensive)

I have purchased 20 players @ £220+ million (OMG!!!) :O

Even though its a bit of a fantasy line-up, I cannot help but think about building through youth and inspirational purchases rather then MEGA buys!!!

I may just be having an 'FM crisis' but I'm in a predicament atm...

I could easily buy gotze if I wanted but again... 35+ million :(

I may start a new arsenal save or, just continue 'glory-hunting'

But, saying that, it is nice to buy top players unlike Arsene who can perform straight away...

The top signings have been earned and I have fantastic youth coming through... i.e. C.Fierro, Chamberlain & Frimpong...

But, I still feel guilty about not sticking/buying the really top young crop of players that were available.... i.e. yaya sanogo who is so talented , but couldn't get a game :'(

Some pics as evidence:

View attachment 211145View attachment 211146View attachment 211147View attachment 211148View attachment 211149View attachment 211150View attachment 211151

The joys of management!!!

Rehan Quraishi
twitter: rehan_gunner

thumbnail.aspx

Last edited:
Start a game as Hereford, see how many top players you can buy with them ;)

You're saying this like Arsenal are playing in League Two or something..

Start a game with somebody outside of the top 10 Premier League clubs, then tell me how easy it is to sign those players. Also, I wouldn't class any of them players unrealistic, most of them are good players from low rep clubs (Neymar, Hazard, Hamsik, Lavezzi) the rest are often transfer listed by their retarded club managers (Aguero, Biscuits, Benzema).. Maybe if your team had included Ronaldo, Messi, Xavi and Rooney then yeah, there's something wrong.

Try a game with a small club, then tell me how easy FM is.

Also, why are you saying 'ARHGHGH WISh I BOUGHT YOUNGSTERS INSTEAD!?' What? Nobody was stopping you.. Buy whoever the **** you want!

You're saying this like Arsenal are playing in League Two or something..

Start a game with somebody outside of the top 10 Premier League clubs, then tell me how easy it is to sign those players. Also, I wouldn't class any of them players unrealistic, most of them are good players from low rep clubs (Neymar, Hazard, Hamsik, Lavezzi) the rest are often transfer listed by their retarded club managers (Aguero, Biscuits, Benzema).. Maybe if your team had included Ronaldo, Messi, Xavi and Rooney then yeah, there's something wrong.

Try a game with a small club, then tell me how easy FM is.

Also, why are you saying 'ARHGHGH WISh I BOUGHT YOUNGSTERS INSTEAD!?' What? Nobody was stopping you.. Buy whoever the **** you want!

Buy them and never play them??? I did that with yaya and it was ****!!!

My aim is to play and keep down the average purchase...

In FM 2011, I was Fulham and after 4 years I got...

Torres, Suarez & Busquets just to name a few.... Therefore your opinion is flawed...

I don't doubt it being harder but you cannot fail if you play the right tactics... I want the youth and progression of talent more fore personal gain...

Last edited:
Buy them and never play them??? I did that with yaya and it was ****!!!

My aim is to play and keep down the average purchase...

Nobody is stopping you from playing them either? Your point makes no sense.

Well stop buying such expensive players? Of course players like Hazard and Neymar will cost lots of money, they are their clubs best players..

I sincerely doubt you signed Torres and Suarez with Fulham while they were midtable.

And the league 2/5 times is hardly 'cheating'.

Nobody is stopping you from playing them either? Your point makes no sense.

Well stop buying such expensive players? Of course players like Hazard and Neymar will cost lots of money, they are their clubs best players..

It does make sense as I am stating the guilt of buying those top players...

I am stating the conundrum of raising talent rather then buying top stars for astronomical amounts!!!

Last edited:
I think I know what this guy means by that " cheating "

I myself did a save with Arsenal and first season only got couple pretty realistic youngsters to provide cover and nothing over 10m

Then next summer I went all in on Hazard and he was really good. ( overall rating over 8 ) but I just kept feeling guilty and had to stop playing that save. The transfer fee was if I remember right 32m.

Then I played Milan and had no problems signing big name players for big bucks. No guilty feeling at all.

It does make sense as I am stating the guilt of buying those top players...

I am stating the conundrum of raising talent rather then buying top stars for astronomical amounts!!!

There is no conundrum, it's you who chooses to buy them. The game can, has and always will be played by people buying cheapish young players and developing them in their team.

There is no conundrum, it's you who chooses to buy them. The game can, has and always will be played by people buying cheapish young players and developing them in their team.

It is easy to say that until an opportunity arises to purchase a 'star'... it tests everyones resolve

Don't get me wrong... I have a lot of youth now coming in but I feel I should've started that way...

I always forget what a **** reputation Arsenal has. Specially when they have no money at all ever in real life. No wonder it feels like cheating to buy good players and have to spend money ;)

I did 6 seasons with Paris FC and got the to the title, now I'm with real madrid I prefer playing with the big teams I think.

I did 6 seasons with Paris FC and got the to the title, now I'm with real madrid I prefer playing with the big teams I think.

Don't we all :D...

I think ill keep this save and start a new one... (As arsenal of course):wub:

The trick has to be to NEVER spend double figures on a player (OUCH)

Last edited:
This thread is strange, not sure what else to comment on :p

I've seen the exact same thread on SI.

Yes its too easy to get bend the finances, its something being worked on. In the mean time, the answer is simple: Don't use it.