in football manager handheld 2008 you could be montrose, scottish third division and sign landon donovan on a free in nobvember then at the end of the season u could sign hazard, saviet, walcott and a heap of amazing youngsters and i managed to get them from third division in scotland to champions of the champions league in 5 seasons :L ha

I was wondering for people that get to the likes of the championship what's your transfer budget & Wage budget like ??? :p

I must be getting weird, my instant response to the thread title was that it was something *** related. (H)

Same here! xD

But back on topic, that's something you could do if you really put your heart and soul on that. If you want to become the richest one in the world it would take more than 10 seasons (if you start in BSS) just to stablish a place in the contenders for Premier. Then you really have to focus in develop youth in order to build a strong squad and at the same time gain wealth selling them.

This thread really makes me feel inadequate. I'm currently on my 10th season with Boston Utd, having taken three seasons to win BSN, three more to win BSP (although I got to the playoffs and lost on the first two), two more seasons to win L2, and now on my second season in L1 after narrowly missing a playoff spot. This is **** hard as every time you get promoted you find yourself surrounded by teams with heaps more money and much higher wages. My stadium is always packed to capacity with 6K supporters, while many other teams in L1 have more than 10K each game. Every season I end up losing money, and I can't ever keep my best players around. If I can keep up the current pace I guess I'll be in the premiership in 3-4 more seasons, bringing me up to a total of 13-14 years from BSN to EPL. How long will it take me to win the champions league then? I can't see it happening much before season 25.

i came today to the forum becase of this reason

im managing Universidad Las Palmas (spain 3rd division) and Ive reached the first division and im loosing every game, im even strugling to score

Patience is all it needs .........
.......... And plenty of spare time ;)

If you win the blue square north/south in your first season it gets easier i am currently boston utd and i am set to win the blue square north and hope to make it all the way

Ive taken accrington stanley into top 5 premiership in 8 years, was very hard and went into administration twice along the way, i found winning league 2 and 1 were easy, but the hardest part was staying in the prem and becoming a fashionable side. dont think its possible to win it tho! although im attracting some good players, still occasionally get owned by top sides. if i need screenies for proof please be sensible with cheating accusations, i get annoed easily and ive seen a few people get slaughtered on here for no good reason.

I have taken to York to the Premiership.

Playoffs - Conference
Winners - League two
2nd - League One
8th - Championship
Winners - Championship

It really isnt that hard

Nothing is impossible,but some clubs are certainly easier for this challenge than others.
If you have decent support and decent facilities or even a youth academy it's definitely a whole lot easier than if you manage an amateur outfit that meets Sundays behind the feed-store.
It's really up to you how much challenge you want and how long you give yourself to achieve your goals.

I agree 100%. For example if you are not the owner of the stadium and you have to pay the rent it s very hard. Another thing is that maybe you have a team and for 3 seasons you never bought a player with money ( you just sigh free player) but you will still be in poor financial situation....