All You Need To Know About Managing Barcelona Fm 12

Delaveguire

Reaction score
even though i am a real madrid fan i chose barcelona because of its youth system...so if you want to have a good career with barcelona follow these basic steps:
1.find the regen dates in the internet and try to "steal" the regens from other teams the day they are brought into their teams' u19 squad
2.4-1-2-3(tactics)
gk...
full backs..support so they attack and defend ;)
cb...defend(if you have a a defender like puyol choose limited defender for this one)
dm...defend
cm...very important aspect...the 2 CMs...1->cm support(xavi or fabregas)...the other advanced playmaker to organise the game(iniesta)
inside forwars....attack...messi & Sanchez...change their sides whenever you want
trequartista...villa(a lot of goals for me)
3.extra tip...make affiliations with clubs(i have lens,southampton)to be able to send your players on loan quickly

comment and tell me your opinion
enjoy

also if you have a good system for away matches(a defensive one)feel free to write it in your comment...or just send me a link if you have a thread about it ;)

Last edited:
you've over thought this , All you need is Messi to stay fit

1) holiday all games with default tactic - win treble!

thats it...

Hmm I would definitely say Xavi (deep lying playmaker support) and Iniesta (centre midfielder support- although I suppose attack would work aswell)

That's my opinion anyway :)

as if anyone needs a guide to play with Barcelona, try working you way up with a team from the lower leagues and then end up beating Barcelona in the champ's league final. Much more rewarding.

I don't understand why people manage Barcelona from the start, seems pointless to me. Wouldn't it be more enjoyable developing a club in a poorer state and then it would feel like you've actually accomplished something on the game?

Why start with Real, Bayern, Man Utd, City :)

its the same thing really :) but yes, Barca are just that much more redonculous ;P

Weird thread. Not the subject as such as, not at all, but the content.

true say! people should use big guns only when they starting and need to learn how to play fm and understand the tactics...

i'm in season 15-16 and messi is full of problems...he wants 600.000p/w and board doesn't let me and puyol(37 trs now/last season he playes) just injured him...basically he KILLED him..he broke his leg in training and messi is out for 5-6 months

The fascination of managing top clubs comes from the "risk" associated with it: one might end up winning the league, same IRL.

well i know it's good to start with smaller teams but i find it pointless to play like 10 yrs to become a club like barcelona...why do this when you can have a big club from the start?

The fascination of managing top clubs comes from the "risk" associated with it: one might end up winning the league, same IRL.

you're right man...all i am saying is that both tasks(Promote one team from th 7th category and win premier leage for example/win champions with barcelona)are difficult

Hmm I would definitely say Xavi (deep lying playmaker support) and Iniesta (centre midfielder support- although I suppose attack would work aswell)

That's my opinion anyway :)

yeah man i know...i change the roles sometimes to add variety

any way guys its my first year playing football manager...maybe next year i'll choose a smaller club ;)

you're right man...all i am saying is that both tasks(Promote one team from th 7th category and win premier leage for example/win champions with barcelona)are difficult
C'mon Delaveguire, winning champions league with Barca is not difficult my friend. In FM2011, I've managed to win Premier League, 1st season and Champions League, 2nd season with Wolves, media prediction 18th or 19th irc.
FM2012 won PL 1st season with WBA and was not even difficult.

I cant understand people NOT undertanding other peoples wish to have the best players in the world at their disposal. If you want to manage Messi, Iniesta and Xavi, well then you have no choice other then chosing Barcelona. Its also not as simple as ons thinks to win everything with them. All it takes is à poor result in one match, one red card in the 7th minute and à poor man managent and you loose the semifinals against Man U or Arsenal in the CL.

C'mon Delaveguire, winning champions league with Barca is not difficult my friend. In FM2011, I've managed to win Premier League, 1st season and Champions League, 2nd season with Wolves, media prediction 18th or 19th irc.
FM2012 won PL 1st season with WBA and was not even difficult.

well we can't agree on that man
anyway good job with wolves and wba

I cant understand people NOT undertanding other peoples wish to have the best players in the world at their disposal. If you want to manage Messi, Iniesta and Xavi, well then you have no choice other then chosing Barcelona. Its also not as simple as ons thinks to win everything with them. All it takes is à poor result in one match, one red card in the 7th minute and à poor man managent and you loose the semifinals against Man U or Arsenal in the CL.

agreed TBH, lol, you been on a bit of a rage today :) I like it!

wow man are you my soulmate?:p
i totally agree with what you said...in fact that's my point:D