Allardyce points finger at Wenger

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 3K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce accuses Arsene Wenger of trying to use the media to influence referees and make Arsenal players untouchable.

More...

Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce accuses Arsene Wenger of trying to use the media to influence referees and make Arsenal players untouchable.

More...
to be honest wenger has a point. tired of some the ridiculous tackles in the game, where they go in hard for hards sake, rather than actually trying to win the ball

to be honest wenger has a point. tired of some the ridiculous tackles in the game, where they go in hard for hards sake, rather than actually trying to win the ball

This reminds me of the crane kick from De Jong in the world cup final. XD

before people have go at wenger, hers something he said about tackling earlier:

WENGER CLARIFIES VIEWS ON TACKLING
By Jim van Wijk, Press Association Sport

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger does not want to see players protected so much by referees the game becomes "boring", but maintains everyone must keep their eye on the ball.

The Gunners lost midfielder Abou Diaby to an ankle injury following what was a bad challenge from Bolton's Paul Robinson during Saturday's Premier League clash at the Emirates Stadium - which went unpunished by referee Stuart Attwell, who had earlier sent off Gary Cahill.

Wenger accepts Arsenal will face a completely "different" style of refereeing when they start their Champions League campaign at home to Braga on Wednesday night, with experienced Luxembourg official Alain Hamer in charge.

The French coach, now in his 14th season in charge of the Gunners, is a big fan of the unique hustle-and-bustle from domestic combat, but maintains there must be limits.

"I would say even the English referees are different when they have matches in Europe. There is less permissive on goalkeepers, on commitment," Wenger said.

"But more protection can become boring as well - I have seen some countries when every little push or shoulder-to-shoulder is a foul and then it becomes boring because they interrupt the game too much.

"I prefer, by miles, the philosophy of the English game - but you need to know everyone goes for the ball and only the ball."

Wenger, though, maintained there has to be restraint in challenges, however robust.

"I must say I love the way the English game is played in England and the one restriction has to be full commitment with the intention of going for the ball and only for the ball," the Arsenal manager reflected.

"Then, I prefer English football 10 times as much to the European game.

"The English game becomes dangerous when the players go to hurt each other."

wenger is right in my opinion
every year arsenal had a lot of injury problems and the last 2 3 a few players like ramsey and eduardo had their foot broken

From what I've seen in the past, Allardyce bums Fergie and tries his best to criticise Wenger, either way, both of them are trying to influence referee's by there quotes and it just turns into one big merry go round. I've never been a fan of Allardyce's approach to the game unlike Wenger's but I think they're both as bad as each other when it comes to being winey little *****.

Wenger gets on my nerves but no where near as much as Allardyce. Change the record you rubber lipped ****.

Ironically Big Sam who said this is one of those managers who probably tells his players to pay more attention to the oppositions legs than the ball

Arsenal are no saints. They were dirtiest team in the late 90s and early part of this decade, now he is on the receiving end..

This is one issue where I agree with Wenger to be honest, teams to go in harder when they play his team because they dont know how else to try and stop Arsenal playing football the way they like to. In my opinion football is supposed to be entertainment, watching a ****** Blackburn team try and kick seven bells out of Arsenal is not entertainment, this is one reason that I always find the games between two bigger teams are better, because both sides actually try and play football. Like the Champions League ties between Arsenal and Barcelona last season, the football was fantastic, this is why Arsenal can sell out the Emirates and Barca can the Nou Camp and teams like Wigan and Cackburn struggle to fill their grounds because they dont play entertaining football. The problem is, football now is about winning, or more to the point, just not losing and trying to get a lucky 1-0 win. Sam Allardyce. ****. Off.

This is one issue where I agree with Wenger to be honest, teams to go in harder when they play his team because they dont know how else to try and stop Arsenal playing football the way they like to. In my opinion football is supposed to be entertainment, watching a ****** Blackburn team try and kick seven bells out of Arsenal is not entertainment, this is one reason that I always find the games between two bigger teams are better, because both sides actually try and play football. Like the Champions League ties between Arsenal and Barcelona last season, the football was fantastic, this is why Arsenal can sell out the Emirates and Barca can the Nou Camp and teams like Wigan and Cackburn struggle to fill their grounds because they dont play entertaining football. The problem is, football now is about winning, or more to the point, just not losing and trying to get a lucky 1-0 win. Sam Allardyce. ****. Off.

Oh the irony. City fan talking about filling stadiums.. Lol.

And just that your overrated mega bucks earners who doesnt give a **** about your club failed to win, Blackburn became **** club.

Oh the irony. City fan talking about filling stadiums.. Lol.

And just that your overrated mega bucks earners who doesnt give a **** about your club failed to win, Blackburn became **** club.

Are you actually 12 years old? That second part doesnt even make sense.

Get back to playing with your crayons.

Are you actually 12 years old? That second part doesnt even make sense.

Get back to playing with your crayons.

Eh? Then what was the need to bring Blackburn's name there?

Quite obvious tbh, Sam Allardyce manages Blackburn who play **** football.

What he said.

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

So no matter what he says, just bring the club he is related to and call names. Good.

He manages Blackburn and I think they are cack. Not that hard to work out is it? Stop crying.

What he said.

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

He manages Blackburn and I think they are cack. Not that hard to work out is it? Stop crying.

What you are 12. Stop crying. What next. Acting like a grown up when your sig shows you are an immature boy.

This thread is debating Wenger's and Allardyce's supposed influences over referee's, not whether Blackburn are ****, do not bring United and City in this.

Eleven posts in and an argument develops? Must be a record. :S Can't we just stay on topic?

Personally, I'm with Wenger on this one. See some of the injuries already sustained this season in the Prem, and we're FOUR games in.

Back