Allardyce points finger at Wenger

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 3K
Wenger is a moaner, people play like that to stop Arsenal passing it about and get the points, you've gotta do what you've gotta do.

Even if it means breaking a leg, or picking up cards? Cahill's red the other day was almost inevitable with the kind of challenges they were putting in, and Shawcross' leg break on Ramsey came about because he had been instructed to dive into tackles like that and make hard, often illegal challenges to stop us controlling the game to our potential.

i agree with big Sam, Wenger moans too much about injurys. At the end of the day the way to get underneath Arsenals skin and beat them is to out muscle them and thats what teams do. If teams played like Arsenal wanted them too then Arsenal would smash every side week in week out. A team has to play to its strenghs whether other teams agree with it or not. Injurys are just a unfortunate part of a game which is physical but if Arsenal had a better squad and was winning while they had the injurys Wenger wouldn't batter a eye lid. And Sunilvk7 was right earlier on Arsenal was one of the most physical sides in England back in the 90's.

i agree with big Sam, Wenger moans too much about injurys. At the end of the day the way to get underneath Arsenals skin and beat them is to out muscle them and thats what teams do. If teams played like Arsenal wanted them too then Arsenal would smash every side week in week out. A team has to play to its strenghs whether other teams agree with it or not. Injurys are just a unfortunate part of a game which is physical but if Arsenal had a better squad and was winning while they had the injurys Wenger wouldn't batter a eye lid. And Sunilvk7 was right earlier on Arsenal was one of the most physical sides in England back in the 90's.

Hard challenges are one thing, it's another when:
a) Chris Samba/Kevin Davies stands on the keeper's toes and doesn't give him a chance to get to the ball, by backing into him, blocking him, and fouling him.

and:
b) Players don't go for the ball, or the hard tackling causes an injury like Eduardo's or Ramsey's.

Also, we are playing well, we won the game against Bolton, it's not about losing the title or games, its about referees not punishing challenges that will inevitably result in an injury like the ones we've had.

think people are missing the point, wenger has no problem with hard tackling, its when the players are more interested in taking the man rather than the ball that annoys him

think people are missing the point, wenger has no problem with hard tackling, its when the players are more interested in taking the man rather than the ball that annoys him

Everyone agrees that going for a man rather than ball is cowardly act. But what i feel is its always bit rich coming from Wenger when his sides used to kick the **** out of teams. Starting from two footed challenge on Great Dane to RVN.

I respect Wenger for sticking to his principles and **** even i defended him in many forums, but when he talks about physical nature, i wont agree. League wont change as Arsenal side changes.

The football authorities have tried to introduce measures to limit serious injuries like the tackle from behind but there does seem to be quite a few broken legs happening in the last 5 years. More so than I can ever remember.

Wenger on one hand is correct but it has been his constant moaning about it that has antagonised alot of other managers.

another croak of **** from fat sam the injurys we have compared to other teams in the last 4 years tells it own storey, as for arsenal being the dirtest teams in the 90`s and early 2000`s is again a croak of ****!

Back