V8 with the amr is literally the only tactic that seems to work for me with united. Have had over 100 pts for two seasons running. I love the tactic but it's really frustrating how no others seem to work.

Hey TFF, do you think it's possible to make an away version with exactly the same formation?

I wish I could take the defense of cross and combine it with the attack of weirdo. Here are some of my general thoughts.

I'm conceding most of goals because the central defenders are in bad position on crosses. I think that the cd-cover in cross and the fb-support make cross much more stable in defense.

There is way too much space between the defensive midfielders and the attackers. Most of my goals happen after an opponent picks up a completely uncontested ball in the middle of the field, and has infinite time to make a decision. Usually he then is able to pick the most open wing player, who either gets behind the defense for a CCC, or works out wide for a cross leading to a CCC.

I am also conceding 4+ CCC per game with v9 in the ~3 games I've played.

Last edited:
Sitting 1st after the 1st half of season, with a newly promoted side

View attachment 393141

That's using V8, don't know if I should switch to V9 I think I can't be any better :S Might back it up now and test V9 for the 2nd half

Do you have any screenshots of your success with V9?
Mate, are you kidding? ;)

I think V9 is the best tactic I've made for FM14.

I tested it about 60 games on my testing stand against top clubs and results were incredible then I made normal game play test at Southampton first season and results also were incredible.

After 17 games I was sitting 2nd with almost best Goal Difference in the league. My striker Rickie Lambert was best goal scorer in the league, he banged 13 goals.

If you want you can check all statistic.

Download game save - _TFF_Southampton_V9_Test__

Southampton Test, First season, Predicted to finish 12th by media.

*TABLE*
Table.jpg

*FIXTURES*

Fixtures.jpg

*GOALS*

Goals.jpg

*CONCEDED*

Conceded.jpg

*TOP GOAL SCORERS*

Goal_Scorer.jpg

I'm having very weak results with V9, averaging 6 CCC conceded a game. I'm giving up on this game, there's no way to stop the CCC dominance from the AI.

Have you switched for "Waste Time" tactic in order to protect you lead? I think it hardly possible to achieve stable results without it.

Sitting 1st after the 1st half of season, with a newly promoted side

View attachment 559451

That's using V8, don't know if I should switch to V9 I think I can't be any better :S Might back it up now and test V9 for the 2nd half
V9 is better but it must be combined with Waste Time tactic to protect your lead.

TFF9 what do you do with a man sent off?
Remove AMC and move AMCL to ML position. It will be deep 4-4-1 formation. Also possible if you are losing to move one of DM to MC position.

Hey TFF, do you think it's possible to make an away version with exactly the same formation?

Yup, I have some thoughts how to improve defense for hard matches but attack will be sacrificed a little but for now I think the tactic has very good balance between attack and defense, also I’m sure that it is only possible to achieve stable results combining V9 with Waste Time tactic.

I am also conceding 4+ CCC per game with v9 in the ~3 games I've played.
The number of CCC doesn’t give full picture what is going on in match because all CCC are different some of it is harmless, for example, shot from narrow angles usually from wingers, also some CCC can come from corners, free kicks, attacking near box throw-ins or simple someone like Messi/Eden Hazard takes ball and dribbles all your defense and the tactic can do nothing about.

There is way too much space between the defensive midfielders and the attackers. Most of my goals happen after an opponent picks up a completely uncontested ball in the middle of the field, and has infinite time to make a decision. Usually he then is able to pick the most open wing player, who either gets behind the defense for a CCC, or works out wide for a cross leading to a CCC.

For now the only solution comes to my head is give AMC support duty(sure also need tweak some his PIs), it will make less harm to attack but strengthen middle sufficiently, btw, I did it for "Waste Time" tactic.

P.S. Also I’m considering to move D-Line higher for “Waste Time” tactics because now it’s too deep and it cause many troubles.

Last edited:
Am I the only one that can't read the images because they're too small?

Am I the only one that can't read the images because they're too small?
Probably there's something wrong with your browser because in my browser there's an option above images to increase their size.

I want to stress one more time that the key to success is switching between V9 and "Waste Time" Tactics.

As you can see after 17 games I had one of the best result Goals Conceded - only 16 goals and the same time best result by Goals Scored - 38.

Here's few simple rules:

1) If you lead by 2 goals than switch for "Waste Time" tactic no matter what even it's 20 minutes of the first half.

2) If you lead by one goal than wait for 65-75 minute of the match and then switch for "Waste Time" tactic, sure if you still lead by that moment.

Last edited:
Hey TFF, i am currently using an old version of almighty weirdo (i think v6) whick uses ML and MR. My save is going very well and am about to end 1st season with Newcastle and am at 2nd place with a chance of going 1st. Do i use v9 for next season?? What do you recommend?

Is there a player filter for V1 please guys? The tactics seems working quite well, I mean V1

Half way through the season with Liverpool in 2016/17 using V8 and its working like a treat

Table
View attachment 392874

Results
View attachment 392872View attachment 392871

View attachment 392864 View attachment 392863 View attachment 392862
View attachment 392861 View attachment 392860 View attachment 392859

Top Performers

View attachment 392858

Spurs are the only team that I have lost to in the league this season and as you can see totally didn't deserve to lose. I've conceded only 10 goals while having three of my full backs/wing backs out injured for a while, Alex Sandro 2-3 months broken foot, Johnson broken leg 5 months and Santon with a torn calf 3 months. Also I always seem to do well vs Bayern only lost once to them on 14. I've scored plenty of goals too a lot are really good play, could have had a lot more but Harry Wilson misses 9/10 of his chances.

Can't score with V9. Anyone else had the same problem?

How do you solve the SS being dragged out of position and having low ratings

this is still by far the best tactic in my opinion. i don't think you should keep releasing new tactics everyday but i guess it's your choice. i had great success with v1 but i'm now using v8 and just absolutely smash everyone.

what do you suggest for wide midfielder's individual role training. I used wide midfielder for a season and it worked good but now I have a different player.

One more update on my experience with Abomination V3. I've tried so many other tactics now, but I keep coming back to this one. I seem to always overachieve if I use it and stick with it.

This save I started with Southampton to try different tactics. I spent 1,5 season there and didn't have much success. Mid table finish first season using the new TTF tactic with no new signings, which is decent enough. Second season I tried some of the other tactics people say are "best in this patch", and it all went south.

Sitting close to the relegation zone and then losing 4-0 to Stoke, 3-1 to Liverpool and 4-0 to Man Utd just before January I was in danger of getting sacked. Next match was Man City in the FA Cup, and just for the heck of it I decided to load Abomination V3 up again (not fluid at all, hadn't been loaded for 1,5 seasons). And what do you know, we beat them.

View attachment 388492

Didn't help me though, I was sacked after that match. Now I decided to just holiday until the summer and take any job I was offered after that and this time stick to Abomination V3 for a whole season no matter what.

I ended up at Burnley. They had a decent (albeit very thin) squad, expected to finish 8th. We didn't have any sort of transfer budget, so I spent ?1,1M on Thelander (tall central defenders are one thing I always want in my squad) and the rest were all free transfers (McManaman joined in January for ?375k - listed).

I was hoping to maybe fight for promotion through play offs. Instead this happened.

View attachment 388491

We completely ran away with it. Once again overachieving big time with this tactic.

Here's the squad. Very average compared to some of the other teams in the league.

View attachment 388490

I'm especially pleased with Scocco scoring 33 goals as the striker. He doesn't have any outstanding qualities, just and overall balanced player.

Anyways, this is by far the most balanced and solid tactic I've tried in this version of FM and I don't think I'm gonna bother trying any others any more. This just has everything I need already to be successful. In another save I won every major title (league, ECL, WCC, Italian cup, etc) with AC Milan 2 seasons in a row. I've had immense success with my favorite team Man Utd. And I even got into Europe with the predicted bottom team (Newtown) in the Welsh top league with it.

SOME GENERAL TIPS (I use this no matter what tactic I use)

Training

Pre season: Team Cohesion (Very High) | 50% | Tactics (rest before and after ticked)
Season: Team Cohesion (Average) | 50% | Tactics (rest before and after ticked)

I made no changes to the tactic at all during the season. Only changed mentality to Attacking or Overload in some matches when going behind to try and grab a equalizer. Kept it at Counter at the start of every game.

Team talks

Pre match: nothing

Half time: Leading by 1 goal or more and playing well - Calm (pleased)
Half time: Leading by 1 goal but not playing well - Assertive (not pleased)
Half time: Not leading - Assertive (not pleased)

Full time: Winner - Calm (pleased)
Full time: Not winner - Assertive (not happy)
Full time: Not winner, but outplayed them - Calm (unlucky)
Full time: Not winner, but opposition a bigger team (unlucky)

This keeps morale high and rarely give away leads in the 2nd half, we also came back from being 1-0 or 2-0 down at half time several times with the Assertive (not pleased).

Players

There's only 2 things I always look for in players

1. I prefer all of them to have high determination (always 10+ no matter the league, prefer 15+ in top league). They have to be exceptional players for me to stray from this, and I'll never ever use a defender or defensive midfielder with low determination.
2. I want my center backs to be tall and have high Jumping Reach. Notice Thelanders rating compared to the others (he also has 16 determination compared to Shackell and Butcher who only has 10). It's not just about set pieces either. Tall (and determined) central defenders are just vital to all aspects of your teams performance in my experience with FM since the early CM days.

I played through the Premier League season with Burnley keeping true to what I did last season. Expected to finish 17th and an extremely average squad. This was the league table at the end of the season.

View attachment 388385

Obviously a low point total to win a ECC place, but 66 points with this newly promoted team is nothing short of amazing. We were mildly outplayed in 2 games, away to Man City and away to Man Utd. All other matches were either very even or dominated by us.

View attachment 388384

Highlight of the season was beating the **** out of Liverpool.

View attachment 388381

So, once again, overachieving big time with this tactic. It really should get more attention imo.