Should we have Alternative Voting?

• Yes

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • No

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • A different system altogether.

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters
that's a 3-0 lead for No in this thread, good signs :P Told my mum to vote no but she ignored me. made me rage a little since she just dismissed some of the things I said. but meh.

that's a 3-0 lead for No in this thread, good signs :P Told my mum to vote no but she ignored me. made me rage a little since she just dismissed some of the things I said. but meh.

Since when do mum's listen to their kids anyway lol. Think my dad voted No but not sure about my mum or sister.

Voted no for one simple reason : I don't want parties like the BNP having any power or sway in this country.

Got a friend who managed to vote at 17. Epic fail by the electoral system.

FPTP has served us well for years

Yet it's not representative voting system. There were only a few percent (maybe even a single percent) between Labour and the Lib Dems in the last election, yet the lib dems got far fewer seats.

Yet it's not representative voting system. There were only a few percent (maybe even a single percent) between Labour and the Lib Dems in the last election, yet the lib dems got far fewer seats.

And AV is no better. If you want proportional representation then why put in a cheap knock off in AV?

And AV is no better. If you want proportional representation then why put in a cheap knock off in AV?

Step in the right direction. The Tories would stop any real representative voting system while they're in power, as outside of the south of England, nobody likes them.

Step in the right direction. The Tories would stop any real representative voting system while they're in power, as outside of the south of England, nobody likes them.

Indeed. Voting for AV for them to immediately have a new referendum is far more likely.

70% NO to AV so far. Looking like a good day. Nowhere has returned a majority YES vote yet. Surely that says all it needs to.

****** forgot to vote didn't I :$. Frickin decorating

One person one vote!!! no point in ******* around with this change at all when it isnt really needed its strange that people only seem to want change when its thrust at them through a political leader if it was really what people wanted surely you would have done a lot more to persuade people before this!?!?! I only want to vote for one person and even im finding that hard atm in the fact that they have all showed themselves all up so badly so why would i want to give someone else thats my 2nd choice a go at the top... its not like supporting a football team when you can have a 2nd favourite or 3rd because all the parties are very different in views so why would you even give someone who shares different views to you the potential to winning!?!?!?

One person one vote!!! no point in ******* around with this change at all when it isnt really needed its strange that people only seem to want change when its thrust at them through a political leader if it was really what people wanted surely you would have done a lot more to persuade people before this!?!?! I only want to vote for one person and even im finding that hard atm in the fact that they have all showed themselves all up so badly so why would i want to give someone else thats my 2nd choice a go at the top... its not like supporting a football team when you can have a 2nd favourite or 3rd because all the parties are very different in views so why would you even give someone who shares different views to you the potential to winning!?!?!?

You're quite the ambassador for the No campaign.

Back