• Yes

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • No

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • A different system altogether.

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters
40% turnout. Sigh.

Always the same. People say "o you know, pointless voting cause like, you know it's not worth it". Weeks down the line, it's the same people who start complaining the governments rubbish at what they do. WELL GO AND VOTE YOU STUPID LITTLE ****!!!

UK says 'no' to alternative vote

_52592674_campaignlong_retuers.jpg

UK voters have rejected a change to the voting system, a blow to Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg after heavy election losses.
Counting continues but more than 9.8m people have voted to keep first-past-the-post, more than 50% of votes cast.
The No campaign is on course to get 69% of the vote. Mr Clegg said it was a "bitter blow" but he had to accept the "overwhelmingly clear" result

|)

_52592674_campaignlong_retuers.jpg

UK voters have rejected a change to the voting system, a blow to Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg after heavy election losses.
Counting continues but more than 9.8m people have voted to keep first-past-the-post, more than 50% of votes cast.
The No campaign is on course to get 69% of the vote. Mr Clegg said it was a "bitter blow" but he had to accept the "overwhelmingly clear" result

|)

**** it Calum you beat me to it :P Not a huge surprise really and is what I agree with. However how long will it be now for another reforendum about the voting system to hopefully get us closer to proportional representation

**** it Calum you beat me to it :P Not a huge surprise really and is what I agree with. However how long will it be now for another reforendum about the voting system to hopefully get us closer to proportional representation

You want a system closer to PR, yet voted against a step in that direction? This result will most likely be used to say that the people don't want a change in the electoral system, and since with FPTP we won't get anyone by Labour or Tories in power they won't initiate a change themselves which would weaken them, but be better for the electorate. Good job UK, well ******* done.

You want a system closer to PR, yet voted against a step in that direction? This result will most likely be used to say that the people don't want a change in the electoral system, and since with FPTP we won't get anyone by Labour or Tories in power they won't initiate a change themselves which would weaken them, but be better for the electorate. Good job UK, well ******* done.

It is a step in that direction but not enough of one to make it viable to switching, imo. But yeah you're right, with Labour and Tories in power then they won't change the system to bring it in. Though Gordan Brown did say he would introduce PR if Clegg had backed him. Could have been a lie but I would trust Gordan Brown on Dave Cameron

We dont need to change the voting system at all!!! You should all be thankful that you get the right to vote at all anyway and be concerened about other vital things the country needs to sort out before a change in the voting system

We dont need to change the voting system at all!!! You should all be thankful that you get the right to vote at all anyway and be concerened about other vital things the country needs to sort out before a change in the voting system

Clearly being thankful for the right to vote isn't the case, if 40% of the country bothered to vote.

Clearly being thankful for the right to vote isn't the case, if 40% of the country bothered to vote.

didnt get to vote, as the worst day possible was inflicted on me and by the time it was over i just couldn't be arsed, and quite frankly the viciousness of the whole campaign from both sides really put me off

didnt get to vote, as the worst day possible was inflicted on me and by the time it was over i just couldn't be arsed, and quite frankly the viciousness of the whole campaign from both sides really put me off

Thats fair enough if you cant actually get there to vote. Some people though - they ****** complain and complain even more, and even on the days when they might feel quite optimistic they still complain about the way the country is run.

So you ask them, 'Who did you vote for, if you don't mind me asking?' They reply with 'I didn't vote', so why are you ****** complaining then!!!!!!! Enrages me.

Thats fair enough if you cant actually get there to vote. Some people though - they ****** complain and complain even more, and even on the days when they might feel quite optimistic they still complain about the way the country is run.

So you ask them, 'Who did you vote for, if you don't mind me asking?' They reply with 'I didn't vote', so why are you ****** complaining then!!!!!!! Enrages me.

Totally agree, if you didnt exercise your right, then put up or shut up.

On an aside, the lib dems got absolutely pounded. As one commentator put it "They have been slapped, punched, kicked, knifed and left for dead"

Totally agree, if you didnt exercise your right, then put up or shut up.

On an aside, the lib dems got absolutely pounded. As one commentator put it "They have been slapped, punched, kicked, knifed and left for dead"

Aye they haven't had the best of times.

Suppose theres some light in that - younger voters my age will probs have voted for the Lib Dems due to their policies on uni and stuff, I don't know if this is totally the case but the fact they broke their promise shows that our younger generation are willing to stand up and be counted!

Aye they haven't had the best of times.

Suppose theres some light in that - younger voters my age will probs have voted for the Lib Dems due to their policies on uni and stuff, I don't know if this is totally the case but the fact they broke their promise shows that our younger generation are willing to stand up and be counted!

It was a big factor certainly among my friends in manchester, but deep dwn it was unlikely they would ever fulfill their promises, didnt expect them to be so lily livered though. And they paid the price for it, think they have blown their best ever chance

What's with the complaints. I thought you were supposed to be happy with your 2nd preference as well? ;)

It was a big factor certainly among my friends in manchester, but deep dwn it was unlikely they would ever fulfill their promises, didnt expect them to be so lily livered though. And they paid the price for it, think they have blown their best ever chance

Well indeed. Amongst my age group (-20s) there's a lot of anger towards the Lib Dems. Mostly because of the lies, partially because of the joining with the Tories, but I think we can say that they've lost a fair chunk of future support if my area is representative of the country.

Well indeed. Amongst my age group (-20s) there's a lot of anger towards the Lib Dems. Mostly because of the lies, partially because of the joining with the Tories, but I think we can say that they've lost a fair chunk of future support if my area is representative of the country.

Losing 800 seats is unbelievable. Most people I know are angry over the lies.

You're in South London right?

In West London, well at least in my area, Labour always win.

Clegg breaking his promises has screwed up the Lib dems for near future. Going to be a good while before they get the trust back

Back