'Always a Saint' - Making Southampton TBE

rehan14

Reaction score
View attachment 379109

SOUTHAMPTON HIRE YOUNG ENGLISHMAN REHAN MAESTRO!!!

View attachment 379110

The 27 year old Rehan kept a brief and direct conference and aims to achieve the following:

Win the following in 7 years:

Premier League x 2
FA Cup x 2
League Cup
Europa League
Champions League

"Keep transfers to a bare minimum in order to develop the British core"

2012/13

Transfers In:

Callum McManaman (Wigan) - 3.8m
Ryan Shawcross (Stoke) - 14.5m

Transfers Out:

Lots of releases
Maya Yoshida (Lokomotiv) - 2.4m

Season Target:

With the squad and addition of Shawcross, I really feel like I can have a good cup run and qualify for Europe.

First team: (4-2-3-1 RQ)

GK - Boruc
RB - Clyne
CB - Shawcross (c)
CB - Lovren
LB - Shaw
DM - Wanyama
DM - Schneiderlin
CM - Lallana
AR - Rodriguez
AL - Ramirez
CF - Lambert

Last edited:
View attachment 379144

Unbelievable!!!

We finish 2nd...

Also...

View attachment 379143

We win the fa cup via penalties...

View attachment 379141 Lambert is an absolute tank during the season, easily player of the season...

View attachment 379139 Everyone chipped in with some key performances...

Most exciting thing is the squad is young with a British core. I completely overachieved and cannot wait for the season in the Champs league... The draw will probably be ridiculously hard but cannot wait

Targets for next season:

- Qualify for Champions League
- Long domestic cup run
- Qualify for KO rounds in Champions League

CANNOT WAIT FOR NEXT SEASON!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
View attachment 379132

Andy Gray - 'Best in World' Analyst

SEASON REVIEW

There is only one thing I can say to Rehan Maestro and his 'Saints', take a bow...
In just one season, Rehan has completely flipped the script and for me, this is a fantastic thing for any young, aspiring manager. By being bold and loyal to the British core, Southampton have been rewarded and have surpassed their wildest dreams by winning the F.A Cup and qualifying for the Champions League.

And as the team are young, there is no limit to what can be achieved in the coming years. However, the biggest challenge will be keeping the players and more importantly, Rehan Maestro. There have already been talks that Real Madrid are keeping tabs on the young Coach, but, Rehan has reiterated that he has a long term plan to build Southampton into one of the biggest and best clubs in Europe.

Many young managers try to stamp their authority and go 'gung ho' and spend money on foreign players which in essence, kills the British youth. However, Rehan has used the resources brilliantly and kept the English core:

- Shawcross
- Clyne
- Shaw
- Lallana
- Ward-Prowse
- Rodriguez
- McManaman
- Chambers
- Sinclair
- Lambert

All the above players have made a contribution in one way or another...

Next season will be very tough as the teams are now aware of the 'Saints' and it will be interesting how Rehan will adapt. His team will now have a target on their backs as he has proven he can achieve at this level.

It is integral that Southampton prioritize the league and do not let the Champions League be a distraction.

I for one, cannot wait to see how they fare against the Big Guns of Europe...

Prediction for next season:

- 6th in League
- Finish 3rd in Champions League Group
- Semi Finals of Europa League
- Win League Cup

2013/14

View attachment 379115

Very happy with the squad and do not want to buy unrealistic players. Just want to build the team into stars.. Sold a couple that were not really doing the job. Osvaldo was a big disappointment but that's really because Lambert was inspired last season.

View attachment 379111

Stadium progresses like the team!!!!

As a conclusion to last seasons success, the board have agreed to increase the stadium attendance to just over 48,000. This will take 6 months...

Last edited:
View attachment 379092

Qualify for the Champions League again!!!!!

As expected, this season was harder simply because the opposition started to respect my team. However, we were consistent enough and did a fine job

As for the Champions League, we were drawn with:

Barcelon
PSG
Zenit

Unfortunately we finished 3rd and had the consolation of the Europa League

But....

View attachment 379091

WE WON IT!!!!!!

It really was tough to balance the League and the Europa but we were able to do it....

View attachment 379090

Rodriguez was awesome from the AMR position and has already claimed the spot to be CF next season as Lambert is getting on a little bit.

View attachment 379089

The team are really starting to bloom and prosper from the freedom given. However, there will be some tactical adjustments made to the lineup as Lambert will not be a starter anymore...

Targets for next season;

- Bolster the squad with backup players
- Make a challenge for the League
- Win the League Cup
- Get to KO of Champions League

Last edited:
View attachment 379107

Andy Gray - 'Best in World' Analyst

SEASON REVIEW

Give this man an MBE!!!

Rehan and his 'Saints' have done it again and shocked the system. My biggest concern was that the 'Big Teams' would strengthen and leave Southampton behind. As Rehan is adamant on keeping and progressing the core, I really thought they would be lightyears away from qualifying for the Champions League again.

How wrong I was and happy as a result. The Champions League was an education of where the team currently are but winning the Europa League is one heck of a consolation. Their expansive and brave football they play is such a breath of fresh air. I really hope that Rehan can keep this up because, ultimately, football wins and especially English football.

Rehan turned down the England and his beloved Arsenal job to continue this incredible journey.

I think that next season could be the most special season as these players are getting better and better.

Prediction for next season:

- Finish 2nd in the League
- Champions League Quarters
- Win the League Cup

2014/15

View attachment 379106 Just Livermore for the preseason and Mignolet in January. Really feel we can challenge this year

View attachment 379105 Adjustments to the lineup as Ward-Prowse comes in. Interested to see how Rodriguez fares as the CF but lets see

August

View attachment 379101

A solid start to the season. Happy to get through to Champs League group stages and also win the Supercup in an incredible game vs Barca.

September

View attachment 591465

Saints handed tough draw once again...

Bayern Munich
Valencia
RC Salzburg

View attachment 379100

Sensational start in the Champions League with the victory away at Valencia. Most likely a battle for 2nd spot. Very poor away in PL, no away win after 3 games. 2 losses already after 5 games... POOR!!!

October

View attachment 379099
vs View attachment 591470

St Marys welcomes the German Champions and joint favourites...

View attachment 379098

Saint have put the whole of Europe on alert!!!!

View attachment 379097

October is all about the Bayern result and 9 points after 3 games. Still cannot win away from home but into the quarters of the league cup so overall a decent start but its becoming a curse to win away in the league now

Last edited:
November

View attachment 379096

Finally get the win away and actually get 7 away points this month to finally make a climb up the table. An awesome result away to Bayern but a wasted opportunity to win the group by dropping a loss to Valencia. However, starting to pickup momentum and drive towards another successful season.

December

View attachment 378931

A very solid month considering that December can break a season. Winning the group 'should' make the next round a little easier but it depends on the draw of course. Into the semis of the league cup and starting to pick up the away wins and maintain 100% at home in the league. Chelsea were too good on the day but still challenging up there.

January

View attachment 379095

Sacrificed the FA cup to focus on the league and league cup. Through to the league cup final and up to 3rd in the league. We can hopefully kick on now and really make a mark this season

Last edited:
View attachment 591487

Champions League Last 16 1st leg

View attachment 591490
vs View attachment 379094

Rehan Maestro: "This is the biggest game of my career so far. We are aiming to get a result to take back home. They're a great team but we have top players as well"

View attachment 379093

The Saints pickup a priceless draw as the tie is in the balance

..."we were heroic and fully deserve the draw, I cannot wait to bring them home... (Maestro)

Last edited:
View attachment 591520

CARLING CUP FINAL

View attachment 379084

"It is always special playing at Wembley and especially against my childhood team. We will succeed if we play with freedom and enjoy the occasion. I have no doubt about that" - Maestro

View attachment 379085

The Saints win in a game that will not be remembered for its quality

"It was a pretty poor game but all that matters is the trophy. I am so proud of the players, staff and especially the fans that have been incredible during the 3 seasons" - Maestro

Last edited:
March

View attachment 379080

Huge month. Defeat Barca to get into the last 8 and beat Man.City to got op of the league for the first time this season. The league is more realistic but will attack both competitions and see how far we go

View attachment 379076

Gary Neville - Sky Sports Pundit

"Pick one of them..."

Firstly, what Southampton are doing at the moment is amazing. They are flying top of the league and are almost in the semi finals of the Champions League.

They have gone out to win every game and it has been an amazing ride so far. However, the Saints will NOT win both competitions. With the injury to Ramirez, I cannot see them maintaining this run.

They have to pick one! For me, the league is more realistic a they have a 7 point lead with 5 games to go...

I would be the first to hold up my hands if they do the incredible double but they could get slaughtered in the 2nd leg against PSG

I truly hope I am wrong!

April

View attachment 379066

A crazy month where I could have respectively won the title by beating Stoke city but spurned that chance. Heroic performances against PSG and almost through to the final. Just have to focus and this could be the best season of any Football Manager edition I have played.