am i the only one still preferring this game?

i bought 09 and uninstalled it after 2 seasons, ive re-installed 08 cos 09 runs slow on my computer and i keep getting loads of error xml messages, i prefer 08 also, anyone finds a newer updated get at me.

Last edited:
Thank god I'm not the only one. I've been trying to enjoy this one since it came out but have now gave up and dug out my copy of 08 again.

I've only played FM09 for about half a season so not had much play with it.

but FM08 is great, i think it's because you know everything in it you find it easier and not as annoying to play longer and longer etc.

but i don't rate it more than FM09 at the moment

yeah 08 was great but too much gaols dissallowed and i got to 2027 so not as far as you guys but i did win the league every time but 3 and i won the champions league, fa cup, carling cup with arsenal

i also play 08 as i find 09 slow. Its so annoying i have never got past half a season with 09. is this a common thing? But i love 08 its very addictive

i much prefered 2008, although i agree the disallowed goals got annoying.
there was something about 08 that 09 just doesnt have.

well i have to sya that 09 is better for me cos of the 3d and i play with 5 countrys loaded and there is that many people (wonderkids) and cheep quality players its great. but 09 has to many flaws like the 5x install limit!! bobins

FM 09 is frustrating me to the point that my girlfriend is trying to ban me playing it.

Reading this thread (and other sites) I think i might buy FM 08 instead.

Can any of you guys tell me what the latest patches/updates for FM 08 are so i can start playing without bugs straight away?? Am i right in thinking there are 3 patches out??

Am I the only that is really thrilled about 09? :D
I love the 3D matches and stuff :)

I dont see any difference apart from the updated transfers. The 3D match is pointless, the game runs slower, and the 2D match engine just as good. The press conferences are also pointless, the quicker at get to manager options and select assistant to handle them the better,
Sports Interactive are getting a bit like EA of late, I'm not liking it

08 was the best i think :), some very good games i had on that,

4 Seasons with Newcastle -
i origanly started this game on the demo but transfered it over and won 3 FA Cups, 4 Premiership's, 3 Champions Leagues and 3 league cups,

3 seaons with Man Utd -
Won Everything :D lol

5 seaons with Blyth -
won the BSN play off final with 2 goals from Richard Logan beating Boston Utd 2-0, although my first ever relagation took place the season after on the last day of the season going down on Goals scored, but went back up as Champions the year after we finished mid-table and then narrowly missing out on the play offs, and then got bored lol, never got past 5 seasons ever though

i got 08 after i got 09 and ive never played 09 since! currently beastin the world with sheff utd, matias fernandez...a pure godsend!! also billy sharp is unreal! valued at 19m in the 4th season!