EddieMartins

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have had huge success with this tactic playing with Spurs, Valencia and Man Utd.
I had success in the Premier League and Europa League with Man United.Currently playing with Valencia and Spurs

Tactic Name: Winner
Tactic Formation: 4 2 3 1 Wide
Screenshot of Tactic:

View attachment 112187

Tactical Information: Need quick players upfront. Avg of 58% possession and 25 shots a game
Opposition Instructions: Leave to the tactical coach
Training: Depends on your preference, for me on General training I have noticed tactical coaching improves mentals and ball control improve technical abilities of players, Match preparation I kept at teamwork, playing bigger teams used def positioning. If you have 2 games a week put training on low and rest days before and after the match to prevent injuriesView attachment 112186
Further Comments + Extra Screenshots:Beginning of the season put match training as high as possible to get the players accustomed to the tactics and load this onto all 3 tactic slots.
Player & Team Instructions included in the tactic attached
Coaches: Below are the coaches I used which are pretty much the best in the league, evident below
View attachment 112185

Table & Results: Won the Prem League and Europa LeagueView attachment 112184View attachment 112183View attachment 112182

Enjoy as I have. Opinions and questions are welcome.

Last edited:
Looks like a solid 4231. I do have a save at the moment with Spurs, so can you post some information about that save? Starting 11, trainers etc.

Thanks

Will do a spurs one for you. The only thing is that you should restart the save. The first day at the club is the most important as most of the coaches/scouts I employed are free transfers at the start. Doesn't mean they will be available later on.

Hey guys, I used this tactic with my Arsenal squad for the 2016-2017 season. I was desperate for a 4231 formation and the most popular tactics on this forum seem to be 433 formations, which I feel didn't utilize the default Arsenal squad very well.

I started using this tactic in October, when I was fed up with my 433 formation that put me in 5th place and I lost the first two games of the Champions League group stage (lol deja vu). I did get an emphatic 8-0 win vs Conte's Chelsea though, so that was a nice highlight. I usually used "Control" as dictated by the tactic, but I would use "Counter" in big games if I felt I was struggling to maintain possession (so vs Bayern or Barcelona). I also used counter as soon as I had a 2 goal lead in big games.

I ended up winning the Premier League by 1 point. 85 points. United had 84. I beat Man City 2-0 at the Emirates on the final day to clinch the title!!

I won the Champion's League after beating Juventus 5-1 in the final. I beat Bayern Munich 3-1 on agg in the Round of 16, beat Barcelona 5-1 on agg in the QF, and beat City 3-1 on agg in the SF. I came a long way from losing my first two group stage games and ultimately coming 2nd in my group under PSV lol.

I also won the EFL Cup after beating Chelsea 2-1 in the final.

On the FA Cup, I'm a bit bitter. I had hard fixtures. I beat Chelsea in the third round (4-0), then I beat Everton in the fourth round (2-1), beat Spurs in a replay in the fifth round (2-2 away then 3-0 at home) ...only to go on and lose 3-0 to Southampton away in the sixth round!! It was a congested period and I rotated, but still, I'm shocked it was such a bad performance.

I scored the most goals in the league with 99 goals (Tottenham were 2nd with 69 goals).
However, I conceded the 4th most goals in the league with 36 goals (Man United were first with 21 goals).
I had the second highest average possession with 53.84% possession (City were highest with 54.66%).

Alexis Sanchez won English Player of the Year and Player's Player of the Year. I primarily used him on the left wing. Notched 19 goals and 9 assists, though he was more prolific of a goal scorer when I used him as CF in my previous failed 433 formation. Ozil got the most assists in the PL with 12, and even scored 14 league goals.

Regarding players, I tried to be realistic so I used the default Arsenal squad. I had a midfield injury crisis in December though, forcing me to bring in Adrian Rabiot on loan (PSG put him up for loan). He started 9 times for me in all comps, came off the bench 4 times. Didn't use him much but was good when called upon. Wouldn't mind a permanent transfer for the right price tbh.

I used Danny Welbeck as my main striker when he came back, Alexis LW, Ozil CAM, RW saw heavy rotation due to injuries (Theo, Ox, Lucas, Iwobi, Cazorla), Coquelin BWM, Ramsey DLP, Gibbs LB (Monreal is good too but Gibbs is faster), Mustafi and Kos CBs, Bellerin RB, Cech GK. Elneny was my 2nd BWM, Xhaka my 2nd DLP.

Overall, great, overlooked tactic. Going to give it a go for my 2nd season. Hopefully with better players (looking to upgrade in the ST, LB and CM positions) and a whole season of using this tactic, I'll do even better

Some screenshots:
View attachment 111733
View attachment 111730

View attachment 111729

(I was a bit surprised with Gabriel's inclusion into the TOTS considering how much more often I used Mustafi, bit Gabriel pulled through for me in the final 10 or so games of the season, across the league and CL, after Mustafi's injury, so maybe that's why)

View attachment 111728
View attachment 111727
View attachment 111726
View attachment 111727

I started using the tactic in October, in the CL group stage game against SLB. 2-1 win. ;)

Thanks for making this tactic, I recommend it.

Last edited:
Attacking is good, defence not yet :)

Hi..

Just started up a save with Bordeaux and played my first friendly against FC Viitorul..
Well it was quite and excinting match. I know its the first and the team needs to get to know the tactic.
I lost 3-2 and they had 5 CCC's in the first 45 and a total of 7.

But the attacking part of the tactic is very fun to look at. So im gonna give it a go and hopefully the defence will get better :)

Tried it

I've been tinkering with a 4231 for a while with West Ham. Shape was fine, roles were fine too (although I play with 2 DLPs, one with defend, one with support). I couldn't quite get the instructions right, so I tried yours for my next game.

I think it's fair to say it worked! I was 6-0 up at half time against Man City! Thanks for the tips.View attachment 106962View attachment 106961

Hi Guys,

I have had huge success with this tactic playing with Spurs, Valencia and Man Utd.
I had success in the Premier League and Europa League with Man United.Currently playing with Valencia and Spurs

Tactic Name: Winner
Tactic Formation: 4 2 3 1 Wide
Screenshot of Tactic:

View attachment 1095839

Tactical Information: Need quick players upfront. Avg of 58% possession and 25 shots a game
Opposition Instructions: Leave to the tactical coach
Training: Depends on your preference, for me on General training I have noticed tactical coaching improves mentals and ball control improve technical abilities of players, Match preparation I kept at teamwork, playing bigger teams used def positioning. If you have 2 games a week put training on low and rest days before and after the match to prevent injuriesView attachment 1095840
Further Comments + Extra Screenshots:Beginning of the season put match training as high as possible to get the players accustomed to the tactics and load this onto all 3 tactic slots.
Player & Team Instructions included in the tactic attached
Coaches: Below are the coaches I used which are pretty much the best in the league, evident below
View attachment 1095841

Table & Results: Won the Prem League and Europa LeagueView attachment 1095842View attachment 1095843View attachment 1095844

Enjoy as I have. Opinions and questions are welcome.

Can you also achieve this without the use of FMRTE?
There is noway your tactic can be fluid already in August, besides 100% match sharpness is something you cannot achieve this quickly.......

Can you also achieve this without the use of FMRTE?
There is noway your tactic can be fluid already in August, besides 100% match sharpness is something you cannot achieve this quickly.......

FMRTE doesn't have the option to increase the player tactical familiarity (yet), only the match prep to 100%. Depending on his leagues loaded he could had the team in friendlies for over 2 months by league start.

Been away with work, back on it, Dortmund well suited to this tactic in my humble opinion, plenty of goals and CCC's but early days yet

Been away with work, back on it, Dortmund well suited to this tactic in my humble opinion, plenty of goals and CCC's but early days yet
Any screenshots results table ?

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

Can I replace BWM->DLP and DLP->BWM? Will tactic be working after this change?

Roles question

Hi!
I readed whole discussion here and I see that this tactic should work. I play online game with my friend and I really struggle with Arsenal in premier league. My friend is Tottenham manager and he and Man utd completely terrorizing the premier league. I have big problems with constancy, defensive instability and all my strikers struggles a lot. I tried 5 different tactics and none of them worked as good as I wanted. I tried 4-2-3-1 (3 versions), 5(WB)-2-1-2, 5(WB)1(DM)-2-2 and none of them really worked 100%. I play Football Manager since 2005 and I never struggled like I struggle this year. At the moment I don't know what try anymore. So I decided that I will try your tactic because I see that it works for all of you.

Just one question. At the picture(tactic screen Man utd) I can see FBs(att), CDs(BPD),CM(BWM(su)),CM(DLP(su)),
W(IF(su)), AM(AP(at)), ATT(CF(at)). When I downloaded the tactic and imported into game there are different players roles. I wanna know which roles are correct.

Thanks!!!