Reaction score
Everyone should remember Arsenal throwing away a 4 goal lead against Newcastle earlier this season and, having unfortunately been on the wrong end of a worse result (i play as crewe), i was wondering, what is the best comeback you have ever seen on the game. Here's mine:

Last edited:
The worst comeback from my point of view was my 3-0 lead until 75th minute in a deciding promotion match when I got a red card and lost 3-4 at the end. On top of it, the last goal was an own goal in 90 + 3

Everyone should remember Arsenal throwing away a 4 goal lead against Newcastle earlier this season and, having unfortunately been on the wrong end of a worse result (i play as crewe), i was wondering, what is the best comeback you have ever seen on the game. Here's mine:

Typical Utd... never do it the easy way!!

Ive been down five nil against Man U as Birmingham then equalized then I conceded in 90 + 7 when it only said 3 more, ****** Fergie time

i was Sunderland :(, and it was the league cup final to add insult to injury.

I was playing Championship Manager 2008, managing Aab (Aalborg Boldklub) in the Danish Superliga.
I was playing against Bayern Munich in the Champions League group stage, and had a 2-0 lead when 17 minutes remained of the game.
Then Klose scored 7 goals... :O

Back on FM 2010 I was up 3-0 with Ivory Coast against Italy in half time at World Cup 3rd place match then threw away the lead & had drogba miss a penalty at 87th minute & lost 8-9 on penalties.

My sc Heerenveen was trailing 5-1 at 78th minute to a 10 man Roda JC in my 3rd season.. and then I subbed Andriy Shevchenko (yeah the AC milan Chelsea guy, got him for free, he was 35) in for Bas Dost.. this guy scored 3 goals and assisted one in the next 6 minutes.. and the score was 5-5 at 85 minutes.. we finished the match 5-5..

On my save I was 3-0 down after something like 17 mins brought it back to 3-3 went 4-3 down then won 5-3 against fulham I am west brom.

The first one, I was so happy!

ccqd.jpg

The second one ... It was 1-1 and I had to win to be champions of League 2, So I go 2-1 up in the 85th minute. (You can imagine my heartbreak when I miss a penalty and then go on to concede one!) But then in the 90th or so they pull one back. I thought it was all over but not when Bogdanovic (My back up striker) goes and grabs the winner 3 minutes into time! :D

ccqd.jpg

In FM2010 I know, but I dont have FM 2011 :(

I was arsenal in the F.A cup final 3-0 up against Villa Cruising and then Abou Diaby who i had sold scored a hatrick and then in extra time they took the lead i got 1 back and won 2-0 on pens. They missed every pen. Strangest game ive ever had!

trailing 4-1 at White hartlane against Spurs, and got like 45 to save my arsenal team. restart from the kickoff, adn soon Javier Pastore did his magic, and the game drew 4-4. Pastore with the hatrick.

i was wingate and finchley on FM10 and was 6-1 down...... drew 7-7! By far the best match I've ever seen on any manager game (and probably RL too!) I'll try and get a screen shot

I don't have the screenshot anymore because it was FM10 and I deleted the save TT_TT But in any event. It was Hércules [me] vs. Córdoba in the Liga BBVA, I believe. Had a pretty good team of youngsters [Kiko, Keko, Verratti, Boucher, etc.] in any event, in the first half I was down 4-0. I was outraged, I wasn't going to be beaten by Córdoba, so I made all 3 substitutions and told them to get out there and do better. By the 70th minute, we were up 5-4. That was the final score.

My Spurs team was just 3-1 down at halftime to Newcastle and came back to win 5-3.

When your 5-1 up on aggregate, with a 45 minutes to go, your 3-0 up, and you do this.