American football/NFL

• Thread starter Thread starter askep
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 8K
the problem is though mate hasselbeck has just gone hurt himself and Charlie Frye has the worst pass i have ever seen, i could pass better than him and i have 2 broken fingers.

Yeah Frye is definitely not a viable option. Seneca Wallace looked better, though, but he's nowhere as cool under pressure as Hasselbeck. He's better again though, 4 TD passes this weekend against the Jaguars.

yeah i agree! but the Raiders are still ****-poor! Its not like they don't have the talent! Asoumgha (evil spelling!), McFadden, Seymour, etc!
Its just ur owner is a complete head case! and it won't get much better when he dies because then his son will no doubt take over and he's just as bad!
At least the Rams have Spagnoulo! lol

The Saints look awesome this year and Peyton is just impossibly good!

Frankie... why do u hate it? Wearing pads means nothing really... well except for protection from the likes of Polamalu and Dawkins :D
If u actually tried to watch it, you'd see how tactically brilliant it is :)

I don't really follow the sports, i do like to play Madden on Xbox or Playstation tho its a dam good game to should try it

It's very slow, boring to watch

ahhh fair enough... that used to be one of my little problems with it tbh, but i can understand it now
plus, when u go to a game live, thats when the cheerleaders do there thing :D lol

I watch the Superbowl, but thats about it

like most people, including most of my friends... they're only interested in it (and for that matter, what i've got to say about it) when a question comes up about it on the pub quiz! haha

Yeah. Our drafting history can just make me cry, it's just tragedy upon tragedy year after year. Case in point, 2004, the greatest draft class since probably 1998, we choose Robert Gallery in front of *big breath*: Larry Fitzgerald (best wr in the game today and most talented since Moss), Philip Rivers (massive ***** but very talented), Sean Taylor (r.i.p.), Kellen Winslow Jr., Roy Williams, DeAngelo Hall, Ben Roethlisberger, Jonathan Vilma, Tommie Harris, Shawn Andrews, Will Smith, Vince Wilfork, Steven Jackson, Chris Snee, Bob Sanders, Darnell Dockett, Jared Allen...

And again this year we blow it on Darrius Heyward-Bey. Drop passes much? Granted, Russell delivers pathetic balls but seriously, get some proper hands. Percy Harvin, oh my god! Maclin in Philly and Kenny Britt in Tennessee look good way better as well.

Yeah. Our drafting history can just make me cry, it's just tragedy upon tragedy year after year. Case in point, 2004, the greatest draft class since probably 1998, we choose Robert Gallery in front of *big breath*: Larry Fitzgerald (best wr in the game today and most talented since Moss), Philip Rivers (massive ***** but very talented), Sean Taylor (r.i.p.), Kellen Winslow Jr., Roy Williams, DeAngelo Hall, Ben Roethlisberger, Jonathan Vilma, Tommie Harris, Shawn Andrews, Will Smith, Vince Wilfork, Steven Jackson, Chris Snee, Bob Sanders, Darnell Dockett, Jared Allen...

And again this year we blow it on Darrius Heyward-Bey. Drop passes much? Granted, Russell delivers pathetic balls but seriously, get some proper hands. Percy Harvin, oh my god! Maclin in Philly and Kenny Britt in Tennessee look good way better as well.

yeah... that doesn't make very good reading to be totally honest! lol
and you missed Chris Cooley off that list :P haha
he did pick Asomugha the year before though- probably the best corner in the biz
two years later you missed Jay Cutler aswell!!

i feel sorry for your fans really, because they deserve better for the support they give!
I mean i know you've won a game this year, but they're aren't many worse teams around

Yep, we beat the Chiefs because they had quite a bad day. To be honest we looked great in our first game against the Chargers. We only scored against the Giants because they turned it over on their own 15. Our offense is the first offense since at least 1960 that has failed to gain over 200 yard of total offense in 4 straight games. Just pathetic...

Yep, we beat the Chiefs because they had quite a bad day. To be honest we looked great in our first game against the Chargers. We only scored against the Giants because they turned it over on their own 15. Our offense is the first offense since at least 1960 that has failed to gain over 200 yard of total offense in 4 straight games. Just pathetic...

it's not gonna get better for quite a while i think as well!
but who to blame really?!
surely its not all on Al Davis's shoulders?!
they need to accept that Russell is a bust and go out and get either Bradford or McCoy in the draft! and then hope a WR like Riley Cooper at Florida is still available in the second round- a tall, speedy receiver with solid hands- Andre Johnson-esque.

no doubt Davis will pick a RB tho :P

Oho! How about beating the best team in the NFC for starters! I still can't quite believe that we actually beat the Eagles..

I actually have a lot of faith in our running game, although it's not running (ha) very smoothly at the moment. McFadden occassionally shows glimpses of pure excellence whilst Bush and Fargas are great on those critical 3rd and short and goal line situations. We have the best punter in the league which is such a huge asset to the defense, a kicker who I have no doubts can make a 70-yard field goal if the conditions permitted themselves and a vastly improved defense.

Anyway, I'm rambling but this season has been amazing so far, even though there's quite a huge gap between the best and the worst. Can you believe the Titans are 0-6? :o

Oho! How about beating the best team in the NFC for starters! I still can't quite believe that we actually beat the Eagles..

I actually have a lot of faith in our running game, although it's not running (ha) very smoothly at the moment. McFadden occassionally shows glimpses of pure excellence whilst Bush and Fargas are great on those critical 3rd and short and goal line situations. We have the best punter in the league which is such a huge asset to the defense, a kicker who I have no doubts can make a 70-yard field goal if the conditions permitted themselves and a vastly improved defense.

Anyway, I'm rambling but this season has been amazing so far, even though there's quite a huge gap between the best and the worst. Can you believe the Titans are 0-6? :o

I dont remember you beating the Saints :P lol
it was a great result though! :)

Yeah, I see what your saying, although I dont really follow the Raiders. McFadden will become a beast with a slightly better O-Line which could quite easily be addressed in the Draft... but something tell me Davis'll pick a WR or DB! lol
I think you have the potential of being a team that could quite possibly push for the play-offs (not this season of course), but it needs Al Davis to leave the running to people who know more!
Tom Cable is NO NFL-quality head coach, and Russell is a bust...simple as.

Yeah! wow! I'm kind of glad tbh...it's what the ******* deserve for stamping on the Terrible Towel! XD
didn't expect it though.
in all honesty though, they'll never be the stand-out team in that division as long as Peyton is about- MVP this year too?! I think so!

yeah my team are the seattle seahawks, went to see a game, utter **** they were, but i dont care, i support them because one of their guys is from the cape verde islands like me

It's very slow, boring to watch

Funny, that's what we Americans say about soccer, or even baseball for that matter.

When people don't understand a sport, they always so it's slow and boring. It's when you learn the intricacies and charm of the specific sport that you start liking it. I only started following soccer (or football) probably about 8-10 years ago, mostly through video games and the World Cup.

btw: I'm a Cardinals and Broncos fan. I liked the Cardinals becaues of my Father, and liked the Broncos because when I was young I liked the state of Colorado and horses.

Funny, that's what we Americans say about soccer, or even baseball for that matter.

When people don't understand a sport, they always so it's slow and boring. It's when you learn the intricacies and charm of the specific sport that you start liking it.
Exactly right, good sir.

I dont remember you beating the Saints :P lol
it was a great result though! :)

Yeah, I see what your saying, although I dont really follow the Raiders. McFadden will become a beast with a slightly better O-Line which could quite easily be addressed in the Draft... but something tell me Davis'll pick a WR or DB! lol
I think you have the potential of being a team that could quite possibly push for the play-offs (not this season of course), but it needs Al Davis to leave the running to people who know more!
Tom Cable is NO NFL-quality head coach, and Russell is a bust...simple as.

Yeah! wow! I'm kind of glad tbh...it's what the ******* deserve for stamping on the Terrible Towel! XD
didn't expect it though.
in all honesty though, they'll never be the stand-out team in that division as long as Peyton is about- MVP this year too?! I think so!
Yeah, the Saints are beastly as ****, and I guess they are the best team in the NFC actually, but don't give up on them Eagles now, they have the playmakers to rival anyone in the league. Also, what I wouldn't give to have their QB situation. Pro Bowl QB and still severely underrated Donovan McNabb, the very capable Kevin Kolb AND Michael Vick. That's just not fair, is it?

Our O-line is a disgrace, almost as bad as the Redskins' O-line. Russell is a bust, no doubt. Heyward-Bey could be a good receiver but he was never good enough to be a #1 type receiver and definitely not a 7th overall pick, let alone a 1st rounder. Tom Cable, I don't think he's the future at all. We need someone like Josh McDaniels. Young, daring to make huge changes, take some chances.

But there's still so much rebuilding to do. At least the Rams are worse.

Yeah, the Saints are beastly as ****, and I guess they are the best team in the NFC actually, but don't give up on them Eagles now, they have the playmakers to rival anyone in the league. Also, what I wouldn't give to have their QB situation. Pro Bowl QB and still severely underrated Donovan McNabb, the very capable Kevin Kolb AND Michael Vick. That's just not fair, is it?

Our O-line is a disgrace, almost as bad as the Redskins' O-line. Russell is a bust, no doubt. Heyward-Bey could be a good receiver but he was never good enough to be a #1 type receiver and definitely not a 7th overall pick, let alone a 1st rounder. Tom Cable, I don't think he's the future at all. We need someone like Josh McDaniels. Young, daring to make huge changes, take some chances.

But there's still so much rebuilding to do. At least the Rams are worse.

OMG! You are totally right!
and I do pretty much agree with McNabb being underrated! I mean, how many seasons has he took Philly to the play-offs and the NFC Championship Game?!
the problem with him, though, and will always be, is he's pretty prone to injuries... a shame really because he'd be a shoo-in for the HoF otherwise!

Pretty much summed up your problems there (except the Enigmatic Mr. RussellXD)... and to upheave and correct everything, it a huge job, taking a number of drafts.
Your handicapped in that respect, then, having Al Davis doing your drafting!
Heyward-Bey COULD become a decent receiver but he was NEVER EVER a first rounder...if you hadn't of picked him, he could've fell a lonnnng way!

after today, are the Rams worse? they looked pretty **** good against the Lions (though it is the Lions! lol)
Is it just me, or has this season been seriously awesome...pretty much following the trend of the Premier League.
It's just, so many results have been unpredictable, and, in the main (disregarding the Pats ******** on the Titans), teams are having to really work to win, even against the so-called lesser teams. The quality has just been on another level.

BTW, you got it right with the Eagles! They trashed the Giants today!

the saints are only good attacking, they often are a little leaky in defence lol, my team are pure ****, seahawks

the saints are only good attacking, they often are a little leaky in defence lol, my team are pure ****, seahawks

Thats the oft-said thing about the Saints, and it was true last year (Brees had a monster season, so did Colston but their D was shocking)
But this season, they just look so complete, Darren Sharper is arguably having the best season of his career and their defence is keeping them in games just as much as their offence is.

About the Sea-Chickens...your right, this season or last hasn't been the greatest...in fact its been quite dire! But on the brightside, Aaron Curry is gonna be a future Pro-Bowler! He looks great

Back