Carine

Reaction score
This is a database with changes made to the USA format that I made for myself to play. Thought I'd put it up here for anyone who's interested.​

MADE ON 10.3 PATCH.

The New League System.

The USA football league now consists of three divisions -- MLS, American Second Division and American Third Division.​

There are 18 teams in the MLS, 22 in the Second Division and 24 in the Third Division.​

In an attempt to keep the best clubs in the top tier, the powers that be have set up the following (rather biased) promotion and relegation system to the MLS…​

The winner of the Second Division is the only team that qualifies for a shot at the ‘big time’, but, even then, they must play-off against the bottom 3 teams from the MLS to see who earns the right to play in the top tier in the following season.​

The bottom four teams are relegated from the Second Division and the top four promoted the Third. There is no relegation from the Third Division.​

Each league runs a Reserves and Under-19s competition too -- though the MLS Reserves don’t kick in until the second season for some reason.​

There is one transfer window, which runs at the beginning of each season -- the date varies ever so slightly from year to year.​

VERY IMPORTANT!!!
You MUST name a 30 man squad (consisting of no more than 10 foreign players) by the end of the transfer window. Please keep an eye on this date as it changes each year (you can find it in the league rules or at the bottom of squad page.) The game will NOT prompt you to submit your squad so don’t forget or your best players might be unable to play for you.
First Team Squad Rules
-- Maximum of 30 players; Maximum of 10 foreign players; Maximum of 5 foreign players in first 11.

Yellow card rules -- 5, 9, 13, 17 etc...

Cup Competitions.

There are two domestic cups on offer -- The US Cup and the Super Showtime Shield.

The Us Cup is the main cup competition -- good prize money and continental qualification for the winner. It runs in similar format to the World Cup.

The Super Showtime Shield mirrors the English Community Shield.

I have made the following player changes -- David Beckham (an extra year added to his contract and his loan spell at AC Milan terminated), Rafael Marquez and Thierry Henry to NY Red Bulls (both on £60000 contracts.)

Pele has become the chairman of the newly reformed New York Cosmos.

The Cosmos start in the bottom tier with a brand new stadium -- The Arantes do Nascimento. They also enjoy an affiliation with Pele’s favourite club, Santos.

Noteworthy Dates.

The season updates on the 27th December of each year.

The season begins on the 21st March and ends on the 22nd November.

Reputation Change.

I have upped the MLS reputation to 17 -- to allow for better signings.

Club reputations remain unchanged.

Last edited:
US football without the daft americanised drafts & such... Will have to give this a bash!

First I just want to say THANK YOU A LOT!

This is exactly how i imagine the US structure one day in real life (though it won't happen) and this game is really fun. I only have two complaints though. One, I think 46 games is waaaay too much. I know that Serie C in Italy has a lot, but since I've chosen the Cosmos, it's pretty easy to beat the third division teams. Also, is there a salary cap in each league? Despite putting all of my (generous amount) of money towards payroll, I can only offer a max of 350/week. Will that get better once I promote?

Also, I sadly have to point of that every time I try to save a game after completing a match, I get a blue screen of death. I'll try again today, because it'd be a shame if I can't play this game

First I just want to say THANK YOU A LOT!

This is exactly how i imagine the US structure one day in real life (though it won't happen) and this game is really fun. I only have two complaints though. One, I think 46 games is waaaay too much. I know that Serie C in Italy has a lot, but since I've chosen the Cosmos, it's pretty easy to beat the third division teams. Also, is there a salary cap in each league? Despite putting all of my (generous amount) of money towards payroll, I can only offer a max of 350/week. Will that get better once I promote?

Also, I sadly have to point of that every time I try to save a game after completing a match, I get a blue screen of death. I'll try again today, because it'd be a shame if I can't play this game

Cheers for comments :)

Complaint One -- The lower division only has so many games because I wanted to use as many teams as possible without having to go down to a fith or sixth tier (I made this for myself to begin with and didn't want the extra tiers on my game.) It's the same size as the English Championship.

Two -- There is no salary cap, but you're club will work their finances depending on their income. This game is geared towards making it difficult to get to the MLS (check out the promotion / relegation rules and the prize money for each league.) If you want to be part of the elite, then you really have to work at it. Cosmos have a great new stadium and fantastic youth system though, which gives them an edge over many of the other lower league teams (again, I only did this because I have soft spot for this team.)

Three -- I have no idea why you're game is crashing. I have tested the db over a number of seasons and at the helm of different clubs with no problems occuring.

And finally, if you're unhappy with this structure I can make one just for you if you want. Send me details of what you want and I'll get to it :) The database above is one I enjoyed playing and just decided to put up on here for anyone who wanted to have a bash at it :)

Last edited:
Unfortunately, every time I try to save the game, my computer freezes. I've done some editing, and put the Cosmos in the second division, and if that doesn't work, I'll ask you for a new database, because you've built a good base here.

Unfortunately, every time I try to save the game, my computer freezes. I've done some editing, and put the Cosmos in the second division, and if that doesn't work, I'll ask you for a new database, because you've built a good base here.

I can't see how that would help tbh. Maybe the db was corrupted slightly during download or something? If it doesn't work give me a shout and I'll do another one for you (with any changes, extras you want.)

If you like the Cosmos, check out my sig below -- there's a link to a Cosmos database with Pele and all in the team :)

I don't want to jinx anything, but if today is anything to go by, I won't have to take you up on that offer for some time. I'm having fun with the Cosmos save for now. It really is EXACTLY how I want the real American system to work.

I don't want to jinx anything, but if today is anything to go by, I won't have to take you up on that offer for some time. I'm having fun with the Cosmos save for now. It really is EXACTLY how I want the real American system to work.

Good stuff -- glad it's working mate :)

Bryan Jordan is amazing. Signed him for 5k, he's got 16 goals in 15 games in the second division. Only one thing, can you take away the 5 foreigner limit in the starting XI? It's no problem in the second division, but once I promote it might get annoying.

Bryan Jordan is amazing. Signed him for 5k, he's got 16 goals in 15 games in the second division. Only one thing, can you take away the 5 foreigner limit in the starting XI? It's no problem in the second division, but once I promote it might get annoying.

You can, but you'll have to start a new game once you've done it -- unless it can be done with FMRTE, but I have almost zero knowledge of that application.

If you do it via the normal editor, just click on the nations rules and USA should pop up. Click on each division and you can change the squad rules in there. You have to do each division individually.

I can't offer DP contracts (I'm in MLS)....I tried all the best players and it's not an option....kinda disappointing.

I can't offer DP contracts (I'm in MLS)....I tried all the best players and it's not an option....kinda disappointing.

That's cause I got rid of the entire transfer system -- unfortunately, it's all or nothing when it comes to this atm. The editor doesn't let you pick and choose.

ya, but I feel silly when I can offer a club $15 million, but I can't offer a player more than 7k a week.

ya, but I feel silly when I can offer a club $15 million, but I can't offer a player more than 7k a week.

Surprised your wage budget hasn't gone up yet -- are you still at Cosmos and how many seasons have you been in the MLS?

First season in MLS, but I got a 25 million transfer budget and when I put as much as possible into salaries, (275k), I still can't offer a dp salary.

I can only suggest that it might go up as time passes? I'm going to have a play on my save and see what happens wages wise as I've not noticed this before -- just to see if it a Cosmos (cos they start of small) or a general problem. I'll get back to you in a bit :)

Cheers guys :)

Firesox -- I have discovered that, despite clearing all the american rules and starting completely from scratch in the editor, the league still carries a wage limit. I'm not really sure why, but I guess it may be attached to the MLS itself. I might try recreating the database and creating a brand new top division to see if that changes things.

thanks for the response, looking forward to it. If you add the DPs, and maybe make the MLS relegation playoff like the championship (a bit more difficult beause it's win or go home), it'd be perfect. I found that the promotion "playoff" in this DB was a bit easy, because all you had to do was have a better record than 1 team.