Ancelotti heralds Chelsea revival

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti believes a 1-1 draw away to Tottenham signals the end of his side's poor form.

More...

we did not win but we played really well in the second-half and it felt that we were back to our old ways, we were unlucky not to win the match but I am optimistic that our bad form is coming to a stop

the performance was much more Chelsea like, very strong and looked solid at the back. UTC!!!

the performance was much more Chelsea like, very strong and looked solid at the back. UTC!!!

btw chec out Zonal Markings Article on the game mate, Drogba made all the difference :wub::)

youo were considerably better, but you couldnt have got much worse to be fair

solid at the back? from what i seen you were all over the place if crouch could get something on target you would have lost

solid at the back? from what i seen you were all over the place if crouch could get something on target you would have lost

Same thing at the other end too was'nt it, Kalou missed 2 headers which could have gone in, we wasted chances and on top of that we missed a penalty,

Good thing playing well and drawing with Tottenham will win you the league...

Did you watch John Terry at all? he made some fantastic tackles and kept Chelsea in the game

Lol, They still drew and havent won a league game in 6, Behave Carlo..

Lol, They still drew and havent won a league game in 6, Behave Carlo..

If you read the article you'll see he says that the Spurs result signals the end of a bad run of form, so your comment about their previous results means nothing. He's saying that he believes that Chelsea will get better after the bad results. The performance was more impressive than their recent ones so it looks like Chelsea may be improving.

If you read the article you'll see he says that the Spurs result signals the end of a bad run of form, so your comment about their previous results means nothing. He's saying that he believes that Chelsea will get better after the bad results. The performance was more impressive than their recent ones so it looks like Chelsea may be improving.

Yet he cant say they will signal the end of a bad set of results, when this was a bad result... They missed a pen in the last minute, they should of won this game, So again this is a bad result, and the bad result have continued now for 6 games. This is literally bullshit from Carlo, If they get 4 point from there next 2 games, then he can say we "Might" of turn't a corner, but to say missing a penalty in the last minute and drawing 1-1 is a good signal, is foolish to say the least.

key words in that may be

Yet he cant say they will signal the end of a bad set of results, when this was a bad result... They missed a pen in the last minute, they should of won this game, So again this is a bad result, and the bad result have continued now for 6 games. This is literally bullshit from Carlo, If they get 4 point from there next 2 games, then he can say we "Might" of turn't a corner, but to say missing a penalty in the last minute and drawing 1-1 is a good signal, is foolish to say the least.

Fair enough, depends of what you consider a good result to be. I'd say a draw away to Spurs is pretty decent but others may disagree. I think Carlo may have been referring to the performance, which was far better than some of the previous games, and seems to indicate an upturn in form.

Fair enough, depends of what you consider a good result to be. I'd say a draw away to Spurs is pretty decent but others may disagree. I think Carlo may have been referring to the performance, which was far better than some of the previous games, and seems to indicate an upturn in form.

But to miss a penalty in the last minute, makes it a bad result surely? no matter who you are playing..

But to miss a penalty in the last minute, makes it a bad result surely? no matter who you are playing..

Not in my opinion. I still think a 1-1 draw with Spurs is reasonably good.

If, for example, Man Utd were to draw against Barcelona in the Nou Camp and missed a penalty in the final minute, I wouldn't consider it a bad result, only a missed opportunity. But I guess we differ on that.

Back