Ancelotti heralds Chelsea revival

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 2K
Not in my opinion. I still think a 1-1 draw with Spurs is reasonably good.

If, for example, Man Utd were to draw against Barcelona in the Nou Camp and missed a penalty in the final minute, I wouldn't consider it a bad result, only a missed opportunity. But I guess we differ on that.

Fair enough on that, Just if that was to happen to United, I would call it a bad result.

Pressures obviously getting to Carlo, he's starting to lose his marbles....

Yet he cant say they will signal the end of a bad set of results, when this was a bad result... They missed a pen in the last minute, they should of won this game, So again this is a bad result, and the bad result have continued now for 6 games. This is literally bullshit from Carlo, If they get 4 point from there next 2 games, then he can say we "Might" of turn't a corner, but to say missing a penalty in the last minute and drawing 1-1 is a good signal, is foolish to say the least.

No matter what circumstances, genuinely no idea how you can call drawing to Spurs at White Hart Lane a bad result. They will beat most teams there this season. It was a much better performance and it isn't just the result he is referring to, the second half performance from them was a lot better than in recent weeks. They actually showed a bit of desire when against Sunderland, Everton, etc they looked as though they didn't care. They looked a lot better for me yesterday and I reckon they'll beat United then draw to Arsenal. Will certainly be an interesting few weeks,

No matter what circumstances, genuinely no idea how you can call drawing to Spurs at White Hart Lane a bad result. They will beat most teams there this season. It was a much better performance and it isn't just the result he is referring to, the second half performance from them was a lot better than in recent weeks. They actually showed a bit of desire when against Sunderland, Everton, etc they looked as though they didn't care. They looked a lot better for me yesterday and I reckon they'll beat United then draw to Arsenal. Will certainly be an interesting few weeks,

Okay, But come on, to call it a revival, They missed a fookin Penalty in the last minute, it is one game.. You would called it a turn of bad form, if they had won 5 out of the last 6 and lost a game, so why should we call it any different now....? They should of won, and the fact remains they didn't...

Okay, But come on, to call it a revival, They missed a fookin Penalty in the last minute, it is one game.. You would called it a turn of bad form, if they had won 5 out of the last 6 and lost a game, so why should we call it any different now....? They should of won, and the fact remains they didn't...

It isn't a revival, of course it isn't. But Ancelotti is a clown. What it is though, is a massive improvement on recent weeks regardless of what the result was. Lampard back, Drogba looked interested, Terry played well, Essien was determined and played well (Although very dirtily) but the fact is the spine of their team which has been so good for years is slowly coming back and it can only be a positive for them.

It isn't a revival, of course it isn't. But Ancelotti is a clown. What it is though, is a massive improvement on recent weeks regardless of what the result was. Lampard back, Drogba looked interested, Terry played well, Essien was determined and played well (Although very dirtily) but the fact is the spine of their team which has been so good for years is slowly coming back and it can only be a positive for them.

but the fact they didnt take a golden chance to win at the lane... is a massive negative..

but the fact they didnt take a golden chance to win at the lane... is a massive negative..

It's not a massive negative, it's an oppurtunity missed.

but it is a massive opportunity missed, the chances that affect titles?

Give it up Scott.

We get it, you want us to believe United are a sure thing for the title and Chelsea are done and dusted.

Trust me, we get it.

Give it up Scott.

We get it, you want us to believe United are a sure thing for the title and Chelsea are done and dusted.

Trust me, we get it.

Not at all Billy, I Never once said that, Just i think to call the weekends result a good result is stupid... They missed a penalty in the last minute, it was 2 points lost not a point gained for them... I Honestly don't know where the title is going.. Arsenal could still win it? And i think Chelsea will probably beat us next weekend, and then that can be called a good result, Just this is an over the top Reaction.

Trust me, I am not trying to say or imply Utd are sure thing for any title. as 6 weeks ago, Chelsea where classed as "sure thing"

not really a revival drawing vs spurs, few months ago they would be really disapointed with this, oh well.

not really a revival drawing vs spurs, few months ago they would be really disapointed with this, oh well.

No way would we have been dissapointed with a draw at the Lane, Spurs will beat majority of teams at the Lane and our recent form there has been poor.

This is not a bad result at all even if we did miss a penalty in the last minute it dosen't make it a bad result. You have to look past that and look at the performance and nobody would have complained if we did nick the 3 points.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

solid at the back? from what i seen you were all over the place if crouch could get something on target you would have lost

Im not so sure you watched the game!!! We limited Spurs to long range shots which surely means they couldnt beat our backline. How many teams this season will go to WHL and only concede 1 shot on target??? And did you not see how solid Terry was attack after attack, and Ferreira made Bale look average at best.

His mate Essien had nothing to do with that at all...... ;)

That one challenge in the first half and yer i think on another day it would have been a stright red, but iv heard even neutrals on 505 and even some spurs fans say Bale got frustrated early on and alot of the time he was throwing himself down. Alot of people were saying Bale is going to rape Ferreira and it never happend and i think Paulo deserves alot of credit for that.

It's fair he had a bad game and was throwing himself about, but imo after that tackle there's no way he could have been playing at 100%

It's fair he had a bad game and was throwing himself about, but imo after that tackle there's no way he could have been playing at 100%

yer i agree maybe that was our game plan, put an early reducer on Bale and he will struggle to get into the game.

yer i agree maybe that was our game plan, put an early reducer on Bale and he will struggle to get into the game.

Whether it was in Carlo's game plan or not i don't know, but crunching a big player is almost always Essiens priority in the first ten minutes of a game.

Whether it was in Carlo's game plan or not i don't know, but crunching a big player is almost always Essiens priority in the first ten minutes of a game.

Alot of players have done it in the past and alot still do it today, its what we English like to call "let him know your there" challenge lol.

Back