flubber

Reaction score
Hi iv been having trouble with Andy Carroll which sucks cause i do like the lad and see him as a perfect person to play up front in my team as i lack strong forwards and suarez is playing on the left wing for me.

So has anyone cracked the riddle that plagues me ? how to get Carroll scoring goals and acting like a proper top class striker

Get him off the drugs?.. In all seriousness, I haven't managed him, but on the three files I've had on FM12 so far he seems to barely score any. On one of them he was getting a fair few assists, but nothing like the form he had at Newcastle before moving to Liverpool.

He isn't a top striker and he'll never become one. Use him as a target man and pump some balls into the box, that might help.

The problem as noted above the problem is he's NOT a top class striker. I say take the hit and trade him off and buy some youngsters with loads of potential such as Niang.

------------------
A kid knocks at Kenny Dalglish's house and starts singing away in a manger. Kenny opens the door and says to the kid, "screw off lad, I've wasted enough money on carols this year.

He scores alot from corners. Hit it in the 6 yard box and have him challenging the keeper or attacking the far post

The problem is, he's not really the type of striker that scores 20+ goals a season, so if that's what you're trying to get from him, you'll be dissapointed. Use him as a Target man, attack. Give him some time, and he'll be a decent disruptive force in the box. Also, on corners, set your corners to the near post, and have carroll attacking the near post. Should score quite a decent amount from there.

Liverpool really got robbed on this one even if he's a good young player (how could they spend so much money on him ; I can find at least 50 better strikers than him..). For an average amount, they could buy NEYMAR/GANSO/SOLDADO.... what a wastefulness..

In FM12, he is a way too slooooooowwwww..

Dowload Raikans Might and Magic tactic and see PI for deep lying forward. Use those settings in your tactic.

Why are people slagging Carroll of on this thread? This isn't the "Andy Carroll complaint thread". Sod off.

OT: Like Vanjagl said, Raikans Might and Magic tactic did the trick for me. However, I played him as Target Man - Attack. He isn't a Cavani, but he is decent.

Why are people slagging Carroll of on this thread? This isn't the "Andy Carroll complaint thread". Sod off.

OT: Like Vanjagl said, Raikans Might and Magic tactic did the trick for me. However, I played him as Target Man - Attack. He isn't a Cavani, but he is decent.

decent for 40M€...?

If you want a top class striker from Carroll, sell him. Otherwise, targetman - attack is the way to go

Has any one tried him as a poacher? I'd like to see him deployed in that role, let Kyut and Suarez do the bulk of the work and carroll just tap them in. Thats my two cents.

Carroll doesn't have that acceleration and agility required in that dynamic poacher role.

Guess not, I've never had carroll in fm12, signed him constantly in fm10 lol. The term of a "poacher" has change a bit over the years I guess. But Carroll is more adpt to be a big power forward. I'd take a look at some training schedules and pop him on one of those in hopes that he just starts powering them in.

He's **** on fifa12 too i think i scored 6 with him where as i scored about 20 with suarez and 14 with gerrard

Play him as a DLF with maximum through ball. His big body stature will allow him to hold the ball at the hole in between the midfield and attack thus allowing your 2nd striker L.Suarez to run behind the defensive line and bang in some goals. 15 games and 9 goals for Andy Carroll :) Increase his composure to 15 and tell him to place shots if you can. F*ck the targetman role for him, targetmans doesn't work in this game.

i've got to disagree with most people in this thread. i'm near the end of my first season with liverpool and he's actually turned out pretty good. i tried to offload him in january but no-one wanted him. kept playing him with either suarez or cavani and he's getting about 1 goal a game. he seems to like playing with his back to the defence and turning guys. his finishing is not great but he still seems to get the goals.

dont have the stats here but i'd guess around 15 goals in 22 games or something like that. i play him as a DLF set to support. sometimes i use him in this role but set to 'target man - feet' but its not necessary.

i might even keep the lad after the summer because he is pretty useful.

Thanks to everyone for helping :) im gonna follow the instructions from l33tshane and swiftninja cause they seemed to have some help. I have Moussa Sow anyway (signing of the game 9mil steal first season) so im not desperate to have Carroll up top im just a big fan of his

im sorry but people who are saying he isnt a 20+ a season man on all my saves i have on fm he is scoring 25 + not 4 me but still top class england regular