Play him as complete forward attack, his his mentality and creative freedom on full, and play your cornersnto the back post and set him to attack back post, it worked for me

He used to be a world-class striker like others but he got an arrow in the knee T____T

he started off really poorly for me, injured in the first season for 4 months, came back the second month played 5 games was injured for 5 months.

bought cavani for extra attacking boost, carrol came back after his injuries and notched up 32 goals in 42 games in my 4th season, destroyed some teams and got some important goals.

i build the team now around carrol looking for players with high crossing stats and using the early crossing shout.

Seems to have been quite potent for me in my first season using the Awesome AMC tactic except with him as a targetman Support. Mate of mine had trouble with him but one he scored a few he scored consistently. He is struggling in my current season as I am moving to a different formation and he doesn't start as often.
View attachment 224133

i've played 2 liverpool saves so far. he was terrible in my first as a TM attack, missed so many sitters it was just like real life. but in my 2nd save i'm playing him as a TM support with quintero as a poacher and he is banging em in and making loads of assists too. set your wingers to float crosses to him and have TM supply on mixed. also from corners set to attack near post, aim at him and watch the goals fly in

He's decent on my save but majorily Wilfried, Suarez & Kuyt have outshone him

He has been doing really well for me the past couple of seasons. Put him on a heavy training regime for his First Touch, Finishing, Long Shots and other similar attributes. I Have Suarez set to Complete Forward and Carroll to Target Man and this is my result in 3 years:-

Carroll: Top scorer 13/14 --------- Suarez: Top scorer 11/12, 12/13, Top assists 13/14
View attachment 237183__________ View attachment 237184

since I saw him in Newcastle, I understood he'll never be a top striker, personally, I don't like him

lol, it's not hate, but I don't like him... Since when a stiker of medium quality cost 40M?
Actually, at the time, he was one of the best young English strikers around. Also, we [Liverpool] only signed him for £35 million because Newcastle United knew we were desperate for a striker after Fernando Torres left, and it was the end of the transfer window. Anyway, he's not been that bad, just can't seem to find the net often.

This is a Football Manager thread, by the way, not about real life! So I really don't see why people are saying how bad Andy Caroll is and everything! But some people need to get their facts right before they post things!

​- PZW

lol, it's not hate, but I don't like him... Since when a stiker of medium quality cost 40M?

you think you got it bad.....i have to deal with all the misses he makes in the EPL , hes the worst signing we ever made and thats why in real life scouts and staff and ( hopefully manager ) getting sacked atm.

and on the game what more can i say ???? XD

Best way to manage Andy Carroll in FM is to sell him and get what you can!

you think you got it bad.....i have to deal with all the misses he makes in the EPL , hes the worst signing we ever made and thats why in real life scouts and staff and ( hopefully manager ) getting sacked atm.

and on the game what more can i say ???? XD

well, didn't he at least just score two game winning goals in a row for you?

So, after costing a club 50 million plus in 1 1/2 years of playing rubbish and not scoring,when he scores two winning goals, even with a **** preformance, hes deemed good and Worth the money.???

Like Carra said,THAT goal itself (in the fa cup semi final) was worth 35M ;)

Andy Carroll is quite decent for on my save but he scores in patches n is always unhappy with his schedule.he's scored 14 in all competitions for me lol

I think people are just used to giving out about him. He's not that hard to get going in FM. I play him as a lone striker (DLF) and Suarez behind him as an attacking midfielder and they work really well together.

As for his real life price tag: we signed him for £35M for 5 years, I'm going to wait till those 5 years are up to decide what he is worth to us. Remember the stick Lucas got when he first arrived?