Andy Carroll Left Out of U21 Squad, Senior Call Up Imminent?

I don't think he is ready yet to be honest, I like Crouch at International level and Bent also deserves a call-up. I think maybe not yet but possibly in the future.

Bent played and scored in the last international?

were part of the same island so it technically on topic :p

Scotland call-up English Born QPR forward Jamie Mackie to replace the off form Kris Boyd

good decision your thoughts?

England's four strikers will be -

Bent, Crouch, Carroll and Carlton Cole?

What happened to Defoe and why not bring up owen and Zamora? :p

Carroll is being put in the squad mainly to just get some experience in the first team. Nothing more, just a trial run, even heskey plays a good target man to hold up the ball, Carroll is big but he isnt strong enough just yet.

Scotland call-up English Born QPR forward Jamie Mackie to replace the off form Kris Boyd

Probally wont get a game XD

One up top that will be Miller

What happened to Defoe and why not bring up owen and Zamora? :p

Carroll is being put in the squad mainly to just get some experience in the first team. Nothing more, just a trial run, even heskey plays a good target man to hold up the ball, Carroll is big but he isnt strong enough just yet.

Defoe and Zamora are injured. Don't see Owen getting a call-up. Capello hates him.

Is this going to turn into another Newcastle fans love Carroll, and everyone else went to Specsavers thread?

Bent played and scored in the last international?

yer i know thats why i said he deserves to stay in the squad, plus he has been in excellent form for Sunderland. I think at the moment he is the best English finisher around.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Also agree that i would rather have Owen in the squad than Carroll.

Come on Carroll. This is the best chance you'll get. :wub:

I'd like to see Carroll make a start in the England squad and see what he's capable of.. but I wouldn't rule out Crouch, I think he is incredible at international level and gives us that extra edge especially in his aerial ability obviously, but I would like Owen get another chance, I don't see why he's being ruled out, he's fully capable of producing even if it's just a substitute role like Beckham is looking to do.

Anyone else think Gabby Agbonlahor should start?

Anyone else think Gabby Agbonlahor should start?
Nope, i think hes one of the most over rated players in the whole premier league, just got good pace, not that much work ethic

Nope, i think hes one of the most over rated players in the whole premier league, just got good pace, not that much work ethic

100% agree with you. I think he is a poor player.

He used to play for Havant & Waterlooville :p
on topic, Where is Defoe or is he injured and also @everyone criticising Crouch He is better than Heskey. But Caroll deserves it. I remember when he hit 4(am I right?) against Aston Villa.

just saw carroll play sunderland in the 5-1 newcastle win , although he din't score, he played a massive part in the game and the defenders could not handle him making last ditch tackles and one of them getting sent off! and my god that lad has some pace when he goes for it and very fast for a target man ain't he?

Some players devlop early like 16-20 but i think carroll is just starting to devlop and improve tons, he has improved so much in 2 years!! Many managers like the blackpool manager, ian holloway ( i think) are saying what a g8 player he is, and saying he is a defenders worst nightmare........!!!!

Carroll would fit in well in Scotland. Should live in Glasgow, being a violent guy usually helps up here!

I think its too soon tbh but I feel they are going to give him bout 10-15min on the pitch to make sure that he declares whole heartedly for England

To be honest, I'd rather he stayed away from England.

It will do him no good, in my opinion, and let's try and keep his ego on the ground.

To be honest, I'd rather he stayed away from England.

It will do him no good, in my opinion, and let's try and keep his ego on the ground.

I agree completely. The last thing we want to happen to a potentially good player is to have his head turned and get ideas above his station (not saying he definitely would). He has made a good start, but let's see how he is doing in a few months time. At the moment playing consistently well for Newcastle is the name of the game