Status
Not open for further replies.

AndySams10

Reaction score
Annað Sérstakt - An Eidur Gudjohnsen Story
(By Streaky25)

GUDJOHNSEN FORCED TO RETIRE!

images

Club Brugge and Iceland Forward Eidur Gudjohnsen has announced his retirement from the game at the age of 33 after failing to recover from a broken leg.

Gudjohnsen broke his right leg in a freak training ground incident six months ago and despite undergoing several operations, the popular Icelandic was unable to return to full fitness and has decided to bring to an end his playing career.

" After careful consideration I have decided to retire from professional football. This has been
the hardest decision of my career, but I know I won't be able to play to the levels I expect. "

Gudjohnsen started his career in Iceland at KR Reykjavik, where after a handful of appearances, he was signed by English side Bolton Wanderers in 1998 and became an instant fans' favourite and regular in Colin Todd's starting eleven. After a two year spell in Greater Manchester where he scored 19 goals in 59 appearances, the talented forward headed south and joined Premier League team Chelsea, managed by Gianluca Vialli, for 4 million pounds. During his 6 year spell at Stamford Bridge, Gudjohnsen played under Vialli, Claudio Ranieiri and Jose Mourinho and it was the latter that deployed the ex-Iceland star in a slightly deeper role, where the position soon became his own, scoring memorable goals and also contributing in Chelsea's success under Mourinho's management.
Following several big money signings, Gudjohnsen found himself way down the pecking order and was subject to interest from Manchester United and Real Madrid. In June 2006, Barcelona announced the signing of Gudjohnsen on a three year deal to replace the retiring Henrik Larsson and became the first player from Iceland to play for the Catalans. Although he played well in his first full season in Spain, the next two years Gudjohnsen seemed to have failed to fulfill the expectations of manager Frank Rijkaard and some of the fans. So at the end of July 2009 and the appointment of Barcelona's new manager Pep Guardiola, who made it clear he wouldn't be involved in his plans, Gudjohnsen decided to leave the Spanish giants and look for pastures new.

Despite signing for seven different teams from 2009 - 2012, Gudjohnsen never found a club where he became a reguler, often finding himself as a bit part player or shipped out on loan somewhere. Now following his decision to retire, he is very keen to get into management and follow in the footsteps of one of his old managers at Chelsea.

" I'm going back to Iceland to finish off my coaching badges, where I will also be working at
KR Reykavik, to build up my experience as a manger alongside their head coach Runar Kristinsson.
After that, I want to be another 'Special One' and hopefully become as successful as my old
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho. "

With 14 playing honours to his name, Eidur Gudjohnsen has set his sights high as he embarks on his new chapter in football management. But if his calm personna and passionate attitude is anything to go by, maybe, just maybe, we could be seeing the former Iceland international managing in one of Europe's top leagues in the near future.

After the past week playing with various teams and many messages with Ze Carlos and Klippybo(massive thanks guys) over who to base my new story on, I'm now ready to embark on my new story/save.

I'm playing with the latest official 13.3.3 database and have loaded up the English, French, German, Icelandic and Spanish leagues and have set Eidur's reputation to professional footballer. I will also be hoping at some point in Eidur's career, he will get the opportunity to manage the Iceland national team and help improve their current world ranking.
Anyway, as always I really hope you will enjoy it. Please feel free to comment, positive and negative welcome, well not too much negative if possible, hehe.
Thanks.
(H)

Last edited:
Thought you had forgotten to start the save lol

Good luck.

You probably could have set your reputation to international footballer though as he is a pretty well known name in world football.

Thought you had forgotten to start the save lol

Good luck.

You probably could have set your reputation to international footballer though as he is a pretty well known name in world football.

Cheers mate, wanted to play some of the season first before getting started, but here I am now. :D

Yeah, was toying with the idea, but thought I'd stick to Pro Footballer, then it's down to me to build his rep, plus I thought international footballer would be a bit easier to get bigger jobs, rather than work towards them and also players would be easier to attract, so thought I'd make it a challenge. I could be wrong though. Thanks for your help again.

130px-KR_Reykjav%C3%ADk.png

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
(Season 1)

KR APPOINT GUDJOHNSEN

images

Icelandic Premier League champions KR have today appointed former Chelsea, Barcelona and Iceland star Eidur Gudjohnsen as their new manager.

The shock appointment comes less than 24 hours after previous manager, Runar Kristinsson sensationally quit the club following a breakdown in his relationship with owner Gudjon Gudmundsson.
Gudjohnsen is no stranger to the Reykjavik based side, as not only did he start his footballing career with the most successful team in Iceland, he had currently been working alongside Runar Kristinsson gaining valuable experience, before looking to embark on a managerial career of his own, but now it seems his opportunity has come sooner than expected and is one he is relishing.

" I'm very excited about this opportunity and hope during my time here I can
continue the winning tradition the club and it's fans are used too. "

Not only will Gudjohnsen be faced with the task of retaining the league title, he will also have the difficult job of trying to qualify the team for the Champions League group stages. After winning the division last season, KR will join Europe's elite competition at the second qualifying round stage and Gudjohnsen will be hoping he can work some of the magic he produced, as a player, in this competition on the team he has taken over.

" I know it will be very difficult to qualify for the group stages of the Champions
League, but we will give it our best shot and enjoy each game as they come. On
a personnal level, I will be using it as a way of showing some chairman what I'm
capable of, as one day I hope to be managing a team capable of winning the competition. "

Despite Gudjohnsen's openess about using his new role as a stepping stone to bigger things, the KR board and fans will be hoping he can continue the club's great winning tradition before he moves clubs. The former forward will be officially unveiled at a press conference tomorrow morning at the clubs KR-vollur stadium.

Monday 5th February 2012

EIDUR GUDJOHNSEN PRESS CONFERENCE

images

REPORTER: " Welcome Eidur.
This is your first venture into management, you must be very happy? "

EIDUR: " Of course I am, yes. It all happened so quickly, but I'm very pleased
the chairman has trusted me with this position and I look forward to the challenges ahead. "

REPORTER: " You've been in and around the 1st team the last few months, when you
had been shadowing the previous manager. What are your initial thoughts on the squad
you have inherited? "

EIDUR:
" It's a talented squad and one that is used to winning, so I won't be making changes
for the sake of it. Any new player or staff member will be made to strengthen the areas that need
improving, but currently everyone will have the chance to impress. "

View attachment 331471

REPORTER: " Is there any stand out players that will be key to any success you are looking
to achieve? "

EIDUR: " There are two players who will be crucial to this team, they are midfielder
Oskar Orn Hauksson, who I'm hoping will provide many assists to our other key player,
forward Kjartan Finnbogason, who has a keen eye for goals. Overall I'm confident if these players play
well, the rest of the team will step up too. "

View attachment 331472View attachment 331473

REPORTER: " What formation and style of football will you be employing? "

EIDUR: " I'm keen on playing a rigid 4141 formation in games where we are underdogs or if we
need to see a game out. But my favourite system is 433, where I will encourage my players to
express themselves as much as they want, but remaining sensible when needed. "

REPORTER: " What are your aims for the season? "

EIDUR: " As mentioned before, this club has a tradition of winning, so my task will be to try
and win silverware in every competition we enter, but the league is my main focus, as that's
what the fans will want. "

REPORTER: " Finally, you made comments yesterday that this won't be a long term
job here. Are you worried that it may have a negative effect on the fans and players? "

EIDUR: " No not at all. The board are well aware that this is a short term agreement, as I
have aspirations of managing abroad when the right job comes up and also I'm keen on
managing the national team when the time is right too, but for now I'm very confident, as
long as we win things, that the players and fans are behind me 100%. "

After a pre-season consisting of 4 games against lower opposition, Gudjohnsen will be given his first attempt at winning his maiden trophy, when the start of the Upper League Cup begins in a few weeks time.

February/March/April 2012

Upper League Cup - Group B
Saturday 18th February 2012
Vikin

Vikingur R (0 - 0) KR

Despite their total domination, Eidur Gudjohnsen had to settle for a point,
in his and his sides opening game of the group stages.

Saturday 25th February 2012
KR-vollur

KR (1 - 2) Stjarnan
Laxdal(o.g)

Gudjohnsen left KR-vollur scratching his head how his side didn't win this game.
Though they were trailing two nil after just 22 minutes, the hosts had numerous chances to first
get back in the game, until a Daniel Laxdal own goal halved the deficit, then later creating more
chances that weren't taken, as KR slipped to defeat.

Sunday 4th March 2012
Akureyrarvollur

KA (0 - 1) KR
Finnbogason

KR picked up a first win in their 3rd group stage game in the Upper League Cup, thanks
to a fine finish by Kjartan Finnbogason.

Saturday 10th March 2012
KR-vollur

KR (1 - 1) Fram
Finnbogason

A very entertaining draw this afternoon, despite the light snow that was coming down.
Finnbogason gave the home side the lead in the 9th minute, but Scottish striker Steven Lennon
equalised five minutes later. Both sides were keen on grabbing a winner, but neither team
could find the elusive goal.

Saturday 17th March 2012
KR-vollur

KR (1 - 1) IBV
Sigfinnur Sigurdarson

Gudjohnsen is still searching for his first win at home, as both these sides played out
a spirited draw.

Saturday 31st March 2012
Vilhjalmsvollur

Hottur (0 - 4) KR
Finnbogason(3), Sigfinnur Sigurdarson

An emphatic win, as KR ran riot against their lowly opposition. Kjartan Finnbogason was in fine
form as he helped himself to a hat-trick, including one penalty, and centre back Gretar Sigfinnur
Sigurdarson grabbed the fourth goal, with his second in as many matches.

Saturday 14th April 2012
KR-vollur

KR (2 - 0) Grindavik
Gudjonsson, Finnbogason

KR finally secured their first home win under Gudjohnsen in a game they had to win
and rely on other results going their way to stand a chance of qualifying.
Captain Bjarni Gudjonsson opened the scoring in the 31st minute to give KR a half
time lead. Then five minutes into the second half, the impressive Finnbogason grabbed
the second, as KR grabbed a crucial three points.

View attachment 331495

Upper League Cup - Quarter Final
Thursday 19th April 2012
Akranesvollur

FH (1 - 1) KR
Finnbogason

(1 - 1 aet. FH win 5-4 on penalties)

Gudjohnsen's side crashed out the cup and ruined any hopes he had of winning his first trophy
as a manager.
Their is big rivalry between these two sides and it was soon evident, as both teams picked up bookings
inside the opening minutes. It was the hosts that opened the scoring after 25 minutes, with a well
worked corner routine, which led to their centre back heading home at the far post. KR equalised midway
through the second half, with yet another goal by Finnbogason.
There were no more goals, as the players grew tired during the extra thirty minutes, which meant the
dreaded penalty shoot out would decide who would go through to the semi final.
With the teams level at 4-4, FH winger Atli Gudnason stepped up and scored to give his side the lead, meaning
KR captain Bjarni Gudjonsson needed to score to take it into sudden death, but he had his penalty well
saved, which meant Gudjohnsen will have to wait another year to win the Upper League cup.

EIDUR: " All in all it was a very productive start to my managerial career. Not the way I wanted it to end, going out to are arch rivals, but penalties is a lottery and it could've gone either way. The players are responding well to their new training regime and style of play I'm introducing and I'm very confident it won't be long until we see the rewards out on the pitc
h. "

Bjarni Gudjonsson - I am sure he was at Newcastle a few years ago?

Is Arnor Gudjohnsen in the game (Eidurs dad) - be good if you could get him as a coach or something and he can follow you about

Bjarni Gudjonsson - I am sure he was at Newcastle a few years ago?

Is Arnor Gudjohnsen in the game (Eidurs dad) - be good if you could get him as a coach or something and he can follow you about

Yeah Bjarni was at Newcastle from '97 - '99. I remember his from his Plymouth Argyle days, lol.

Can't seem to find Eidurs dad, shame, as it would've been good to have them working alongside each other.

May 2012

Icelandic Champions Cup
Saturday 12th May 2012
Laugardalsvollur

FH (2 - 2) KR
Finnbogason(2)
(2-2 aet. KR win 4-1 on penalties)

Gudjohnsen won his first trophy, as his side came out winners in this highly
entertaining cup final.
After a frantic first half, KR found themselves a goal up at the break through a double
by leading marksman Kjartan Finnbogason. Into the second half and it was more of the same,
with both sides preferring to attack rather than defend. FH grabbed an equaliser in the 55th
minute to make the score level. Neither side could find a winner for the remainder of the 90
minutes or in extra time, so it was down to a penalty shoot out.
KR goalkeeper Hannes Halldorsson was the hero saving two out of FH's three penalties, while
the KR players kept their heads, ensuring they were crowned champions.

Premier Division
Tuesday 15th May 2012
KR-vollur

KR (3 - 1) Grindavik
Finnbogason(3)

KR got their league campaign off to a great start, as they ran out easy winners in front of
their home support.
The in-form Finnbogason was the hero, as he bagged his second hat-trick of the season so far,
running the visitors defence ragged throughout the game with his movement and finishing.

Premier Division
Thursday 24th May 2012
Kaplakriki

FH (0 - 0) KR

Nothing more to say than, a bore draw.

Premier Division
Tuesday 29th May 2012
KR-vollur

KR (1 - 0) Breidablik
Sigfinnur Sigurdarson

A comfortable win, despite the narrow scoreline.
Centre back Gretar Sigfinnur Sigurdarson grabbed the only goal of the game,
when he headed home a corner in the 44th minute.

View attachment 331566

EIDUR: " It was a fantastic start to the month being crowned champions of Iceland and even sweeter beating a close rival in the final. Our start to the league has been pleasing too and if we can keep our concentration and become more accustom to how I would like the team to play, I'm confident of a very successful season. "

June 2012

Premier Division
Sunday 3rd June 2012
Akranesvollur

IA (1 - 3) KR
Finnbogason(2), Atlason

Gudjohnsen's side continued their great start to the season in the league,
with an easy and convincing win over their opponents.
It was no surprise to anyone that Kjartan Finnbogason was the main man yet again, as his
brace and a goal by young substitute Emil Atlason secured the three points.

Icelandic Cup - 3rd Round
Thursday 7th June 2012
Grottuvollur

Grotta (0 - 3) KR
Finnbogason(2), Orn Hauksson

An easy win for KR tonight, as they faced amateur side Grotta in the league cup.
KR's star men were the difference between the two sides, as the hosts put up a brave fight. First
Finnbogason opened the scoring from the penalty spot and then added the second shortly after
with a fine diving header. Inside Forward Oskar Orn Hauksson added the third with a sublime
left footed strike from the edge of the area.

Premier Division
Sunday 10th June 2012
Laugardalsvollur

Fram (0 - 2) KR
Sigfinnur Sigurdarson, Ragnarsson

The win tonight came at a cost for KR, as after scoring the opening goal with a brave
header, strong centre Sigfinnur Sigurdarson was stretchered off with a groin strain which
is likely to keep him out for 5 weeks.
The injury didn't disrupt the visitors play and they were soon two up, when young midfielder
Porsteinn Ragnarsson sealed the win with a simple tap in.

Premier Division
Monday 18th June 2012
KR-vollur

KR (4 - 0) Keflavik
Ragnarsson(2), Orn Hauksson(2)

Another outstanding performance by the hosts, as they continued their unbeaten
run in the league.
Up and coming star Porsteinn Ragnarsson carried on his scoring exploits, as he grabbed two goals in
the first half to give KR a commanding lead. Then it was Oskar Orn Hauksson's turn to grab a double,
as his second half goals sealed an emphatic victory.

Premier Division
Sunday 24th June 2012
Vodafonevollurinn

Valur (0 - 3) KR
Finnbogason(3)

Kjartan Finnbogason ended his recent goal drought, bagging his third hat-trick of the season.
The game was as good as over inside the opening fifteen minutes, as KR found themselves
in a commanding position with a two goal lead. Finnbogason had to wait until the 90th minute
to seal his hat-trick, when he scored with a close range effort.

View attachment 331572

EIDUR: " Well, what can I say!! What a brilliant month as we stayed unbeaten throughout June. the players are now becoming more used to the system I'm keen on playing and their attitude and effort in training is very pleasing indeed.
Kjartan has been ever so impressive in front of goal lately and if he continues the way he is, I'm sure we'll have to fend off interest from bigger clubs in the future. "

June 2012

Saturday 30th June 2012

KR HANDED TOUGH DRAW

images

Icelandic Premier Division side KR have been handed an extremely tough 2nd Qualifying round tie, as they have been drawn against Red Bull Salzburg.

Eidur Gudjohnsen's side will travel to Austria for the first leg on July 18th and he knows it will be a tough place to go and his team will have to be on top of their game if they are to have a chance of progressing in the competition.

" It will be a difficult challenge playing Salzburg, but one we will relish and we'll
look to stay in the tie, to give us every chance when we bring them back to KR-vollur. "

The second leg will be played at KR-vollur a week later on the 25th July, when KR will be hoping to send their fans home dreaming of a mini Champions League journey.

Last edited:
Nice to see you back with a story , how longs this one gonna last :)

July 2012

Premier Division
Sunday 1st July 2012
KR-vollur

KR (3 - 0) IBV
Orn Hauksson, Hreidarsson(o.g), Ragnarsson

A fine victory for KR and their fans, as they dominated from start to finish.
Gudjohnsen's side were two up at half time, thanks to goals by Orn Hauksson and
a Herman Hreidarsson own goal. The home support had to wait till the 89th
minute for the third, when Ragnarsson sealed the win.

Premier Division
Sunday 8th July 2012
KR-vollur

KR (3 - 0) Fylkir
Sigurjonsson, Sigfinnur Sigurdarson, Finnbogason

KR remain unbeaten in the league as they again produced a fine display of attacking
football with a comfortable win.
Atli Sigurjonsson scored his first goal for the club when he opened the scoring after just 2 minutes,
with a sublime volley from 10 yards. Gretar Sigfinnur Sigurdarson made it two with a good header
from an inswinging corner. Finnbogason sealed the win late in the second half, with a delightful
chip in the 89th minute.

Premier Division
Thursday 12th July 2012
Stjornuvollur

Stjarnan (2 - 0) KR

Gudjohnsen faced defeat for the first time in the league tonight, as their unbeaten run
came to a disappointing end.

Premier Division
Sunday 15th July 2012
Selfossvollur

Selfoss (0 - 1) KR
Josepsson

KR bounced back from their midweek defeat this afternoon, as a single goal from centre back
Aron Josepsson was enough to send the travelling fans away happy.

Champions League - 2nd Qualifying Round(1st leg)
Wednesday 18th July 2012
Red Bull Arena

Red Bull Salzburg (3 - 1) KR
Finnbogason

The Austrian outfit showed their class tonight, as the Icelandic minnows couldn't compete
with the sheer quality of their hosts.
KR grabbed a vital away goal in the closing stages of the game, through their leading scorer
Kjartan Finnbogason, who latched onto a through ball and slotted home.

Icelandic Cup - 4th Round
Saturday 21st July 2012
Njardtaksvollurinn

Njardvik (1 - 3) KR
Einarsson(o.g), Martin(2)

KR showed their superiority tonight, as Gudjohnsen took the chance to rest some
key players, with the upcoming Champions League game in the week.
Englishman Gary Martin scored his first two goals for the club, which was followed
by a Gudmundor Einarsson own goal which sent the visitors through to the next round.

Champions League - 2nd Qualifying Round(2nd leg)
Wednesday 25th July 2012
KR-vollur

KR (1 - 0) Red Bull Salzburg
Kujundzic

(Salzburg win 3-2 on aggregate)

Eidur Gudjohnsen's side nearly pulled off a shock result, as they put on a
fine display against their Austrian visitors.
Young defender Jovan Kujundzic scored his first goal for the club glancing home
a header from a dangerous free kick by Orn Hauksson, but it wasn't enough as they
couldn't find that crucial last goal.

Icelandic Cup - Quarter Final
Sunday 29th July 2012
Frostaskjol

KV (0 - 3) KR
Finnbogason(2), Martin

KR went through to the semi final, with a quality performance on a cold snowy evening.
Kjartan Finnbogason grabbed two, including a penalty to put KR well in control and Gary Martin
scored his third of season with a well placed shot from inside the area.

View attachment 331589

EIDUR: " The month of July was very busy as we were competing on three fronts. Of course I'm disappointed to see our unbeaten league run come to an end, but it will now be down to me and my coaching staff to re-focus the group and make sure we go on another run. The defeat to Red Bull Salzburg was a spirited one and hopefully the lads are eager to experience Champions League football again next year. "

Nice to see you back with a story , how longs this one gonna last :)

Cheeky!!! lol. :p. Thanks mate, the Ledley King story was a rush job and I messed it up, so I've taken a short time out and did some research and planning to make sure this story lasts a long time. Hope you are enjoying? Cheers

August 2012

Icelandic Cup - Semi Final
Wednesday 1st August 2012
Laugardalsvollur

Stjarnan (0 - 0) KR
(0-0 aet. KR win 5-3 on pens)

KR made it through to the final after a tough 120 minutes, but managed to hold their
nerve in a tense penalty shoot out. The five KR penalty takers all were successful with their
penalties, and it was keeper Hannes Halldorsson who ensured a place in the final saving
Stjarnan's next penalty.

Premier Division
Thursday 9th August 2012
Kopavogsvollur

Breidablik (0 - 0) KR

A disappointing draw, as neither side mustered a shot on goal.

Premier Division
Sunday 12th August 2012
KR-vollur

KR (1 - 1) FH
Orn Hauksson

Following a dismal first half, the second half exploded into life. KR broke the deadlock,
through a fine goal by inside forward Oskar Orn Hauksson, who fired home from 25 yards. The
lead didn't last long, as five minutes FH equalised with a well worked goal. Both sides kept
pressing for a winner, but both keepers were in fine form and the scores stayed level.

Premier Division
Wednesday 15th August 2012
Grindavikurvollur

Grindavik (0 - 2) KR
Martin(2)

With the Cup Final at the weekend, Gudjohnsen sprang the changes, but the fringe players
came in and did themselves proud with a straight forward win.
Back up striker Gary Martin scored both goals just before half time, as he put in a
a solid performance and given his manager a difficult decision, who to start upfront for
the Final.

Icelandic Cup - Final
Saturday 18th August 2012
Laugardalsvollur

KR (1 - 0) Fylkir
Finnbogason

With all the hype that was built up before the game getting both sets of supporters
excited and dreaming of an entertaining day, the game itself failed to live up to it's
pre-match expectations.
The deadlock was broken in the 61st minute, when KR forward Kjartan Finnbogason scored
a penalty, after he was brought down inside the area.

Premier Division
Tuesday 21st August 2012
KR-vollur

KR (1 - 0) IA
Petursson(o.g)

KR carried on their unbeaten run in the league today, though they were very fortunate, as
they had to rely on an 81st minute own goal to seal the victory.

Premier Division
Sunday 26th August 2012
KR-vollur

KR (2 - 2) Fram
Finnbogason(2)

Eidur Gudjohnsen and his KR team have now gone six games unbeaten in the league
with this hard earned point.
Leading marksman Finnbogason grabbed another two goals to add to his impressive tally
for the season, with both goals set up by Porsteinn Ragnarsson.

View attachment 331624

EIDUR: " I'm very happy with winning my second trophy in my first season and credit goes to my squad, who despite the lack of depth, have performed to a high standard every time they have pulled the shirt on. Now as we enter the final month of the season, we need to carry on this focus and determination and make sure we finish top of the league. "

September 2012

Saturday 1st September 2012

GUDJOHNSEN SIGNS NEW DEAL

images

Eidur Gudjohnsen has today put pen to paper on a new deal to keep him at current club KR for another season, but has sensationally left the door open for a move to a bigger club in the future.

KR who are on course to win the Icelandic Premier Division title for the second successive season, have moved swiflty to tie down the talented ex-footballer for another season, but with two cup wins to his name already and a possible league championship medal, Gudjohnsen has made it clear he sees his future at a much higher level in the near future.

" I'm very pleased to have signed a contract extension until October 2013 and am really
enjoying managing in my home country. But I'm keeping my options open, as I feel I need
more challenges if I'm to become a great manager and with the top European leagues coming
to an end, there is a possibility a job may come up that is of interest. In the mean time
I want to assure the fans I'm fully focused on keeping the team on course to winning
the league title. "

Gudjohnsen isn't the only one signing on at KR, as after the press conference revealing the contract news and despite the transfer window being closed, KR unveiled their record signing, 31 year old centre back Haraldur Gudmundsson, who has joined from Icelandic Premier League side Keflavik for £35k.

View attachment 331652

September 2012

Premier Division
Sunday 2nd September 2012
Nettovollurinn

Keflavik (2 - 2) KR
Ragnarsson, Martin

KR left it late this afternoon, as a last minute Gary Martin goal gave them a point.
The visitors took the lead with a fine strike by Porsteinn Ragnarsson, but the went in behind
at the interval, as two goals inside 10 minutes turned the game on it's head. But in the
closing stages of the game, substitute Gary Martin found space inside the area and
arrowed a right footed shot in off the post to salvage a draw.

Premier Division
Sunday 9th September 2012
KR-vollur

KR (0 - 0) Valur

A third draw in a row for title chasing KR and if they are to win the league again,
they need to turn these draws into victories.

Premier Division
Sunday 16th September 2012
Hasteinsvollur

IBV (0 - 3) KR
Finnbogason(3)

Back to winning ways for Gudjohnsen today, as his side easily grabbed 3 crucial points
in the title race and it was down to prolific striker Kjartan Finnbogason who bagged a hat-trick.

Premier Division
Thursday 20th September 2012
KR-vollur

KR (1 - 1) Stjarnan
Finnbogason

KR knew that if they avoided defeat in today's game they would be crowned league champions.
Finnbogason got them off to a dream start, when he side footed home from close range to send
the home support wild. As the party atmosphere continued into the second half, Stjarnan silenced
the crowd, as they equalised in the 75th minute, to ensure a nervous ending to the game.
At the final whistle, Gudjohnsen and his backroom staff rushed onto the pitch to join in
the celebrations with his players, as they had just won the league.

images

Premier Division
Sunday 23rd September 2012
KR-vollur

KR (1 - 0) Selfoss
Finnbogason

There was a big party atmosphere at KR-vollur for the second game on the trot, as the league
champions kept their focus and continued their fine unbeaten run.
Kjartan Finnbogason carried on his fine goalscoring and he was the one who claimed the
winner, with a sensational diving header.

Premier Division
Saturday 29th September 2012
Fylkisvollur

Fylkir (1 - 2) KR
Gudjonsson, Finnbogason

KR ended the season on a high, as they finished the season the same way they ended most games
during the campaign, with another victory under their belts.
Captain Bjarni Gudjonsson headed the visitors in front when he rose highest at a corner and 10 minutes
later, Finnbogason doubled the lead scoring from a tight angle.
Into the second half and unsurprisingly KR started to drop off the pace and allowed the hosts to
pull a goal back, but it wasn't to be enough, as KR held on for the win.

View attachment 331657

EIDUR: " A fantastic season. I'm delighted we've won the league and all credit must go to the players, who have kept going throughout and really bought into the ideas I've introduced to the team and playing style I've been encouraging. I'm very proud of them and I'm sure our supporters are too and will savor this for a long time. Now it's time to enjoy this success and plan for next season. "

February 2013

KR
(Season 2)

EIDUR: I WANT EVERYTHING!!

images

Following the Icelandic pre-season break, KR manager Eidur Gudjohnsen has declared he won't be happy unless his side wins every competition in Iceland.

After his very successful first season as a manager in charge of KR, Eidur Gudjohnsen has demanded his side build on the three trophies they won last year and go one better and win the Upper League Cup to complete the list of Premier League winners, Icelandic Champions Cup and Icelandic Cup.

" Last season was very good, but I'm a winner and I want to win everything! So I intend on
winning every trophy this year in what will probably be my last season in charge. Of course
we have the Champions League to look forward too, but I know that's a competition we
don't have a chance to win, so we will enjoy it and try and get a stage further. "

With Gudjohnsen's announcement that this could be his last season in charge at KR, it will remain to be seen if he actually does stay until the end of the campaign. With the top European leagues coming to a close, there is a high possibility an interesting job offer becomes available, that Gudjohnsen may find difficult to turn down.

great start mate well done, That Finbogason guy did he used to play for Celtic ? or isit a different guy ?

great start mate well done, That Finbogason guy did he used to play for Celtic ? or isit a different guy ?

Cheers mate. Yeah he was at Celtic, should be playing at a higher level than the Icelandic Prem, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.