richy25

Reaction score
I decided to have a crack at having ago at recreating the barcelona tactic of today.
With many threads on the go at the minute on this topic, alot of the tactics i've seen posted up it's always 4-5-1, when i thought it was a 4-3-3.
Not only that but people always ask if xavi passes at a 100+, if i ain't mistaken but i think everyone in that barca team passes as much as each other.
When i started creating this tactic, my first thought wasn't xavi getting 1000 passes lol, but the way they play the beautiful game, by passing it around.

So how i started, i played against barca reserves alot today to get how i wanted the tactic go, after alot of work things started picking up, and at the moment i'm pretty happy with it, it's not perfect but it's a start.

I just finished playing my last game and the passing complete was 90% which i'm really happy with, plus through out the game i manage to string 474 passes altogether, with xavi having 78 and iniesta getting 60.

Please don't criticise coz i've just played the reserves, thats not what i'm here for, what i would like is testers and people that would give me feed back to improve it.

Also the tactic i've done is in classic mode

some pics below along with tactic.

Just done another update with 4-5-1 Version, and it still plays well, download link below
Cheers Richard

Last edited:
I have a question - not especially tactic related. But doesn't Barca play a classic 4-3-3 system? All the Barca systems I see on this forum play 4-2-1-2-1?

Mate, looks good on the surface but you need a dm and some wingers try tweaking the roles to find a nice rhythm if you want the lads on the website to give you any credit. alot of people can make a good tactic with barca, the players are world class. however, to use the catalunya tiki-taka brand of football with two inside forwards and a dm and implement it onto fm is what a true barca tactic is.

But then that would make it a 4-5-1, which i don't think they play, thats why i went for the 4-3-3 system with all 3 forwards moving into channels, with xavi and iniesta supporting behind them

Just updated the tactic to a 4-5-1 tactic still works a charm, done a few tweaks here and there.
The tactic is called barca 2011 (pass and move) it's in the first post. Few pics below

Kudo's! I've been wondering why so many people have been putting 4-1-2-2-1 tactics up when Barca obiously plays with a classic (total football from the 70's johan cruyff based 4-3-3) system!

Is there anything "special" about the tactic, or have you just set up a basic 4-3-3? What about team fluidity etc? Do you play with a high defense line such as the real barca? etc

Last edited:
why don't you try it past the first friendly and see what results you get against tougher teams? There's nothing to lose.

try it with good teams, then i would consider downloading....

right i took the tactics off, so i can do a season with them, i'll post upates and screenshots throughout the season

Nice one mate! i can see it coming together now. if you would like me to test and give a few tweaks pm it to me and i will. looks very good tho, well done.

cheers kofiban, glad you see where i'm coming from mate. But i'm gonna make people that little bit happier and do a season with it, which seems to be the issue, but i will post updates, coz i'm no way near finished the tactic, what i posted last night was just the template of it

Yeah get a season under, and show em its good. its very hard to get xavi doing so many passes, and alves playing well, so good work, also as a bonus, see if you can get messi scoring well, and dribbling. i've never been able to get consistent performances from him and 15+ goals or assists. if you could it would be ledge!

it's under way now mate, messi will get a few goals i promise, with xavi doin alot of assists

But then that would make it a 4-5-1, which i don't think they play, thats why i went for the 4-3-3 system with all 3 forwards moving into channels, with xavi and iniesta supporting behind them

If you have the wingers set as inside forewards then it is a 4-3-3 because you have 3 midfielders and 3 forewards

i think people have different opinions on what formation barcelona has, people say it's a 4-5-1, 4-3-3 and the strikerless 4-3-3

it's still in progress mate, i'm hoping to get it done by the weekend, just trying to get it right before posting