Any Guitarists.. ? ?

Im amazing at guitar, i can play smoke on the water! |)

seriously though, i just started about a month ago. Been wanting to for ages but never got round to it

I've played the acoustic guitar for about 1½ years, and about 2 months ago I changed to the electric guitar.
Playing most Indie rock music.

I used to be able to play the intro to through the fire and flames. Fingers were in agony :)

Now just play some Rock / Bluesy type stuff. Maybe some old school metal and punk rock on the Jackson.

Am thinking of doing pop songs on an acoustic as they usually sound quite good !

I can't even do Through the fire and the flames on guitar hero.

Got an electrical guitar back in 2004, had played a classical guitar for 2 years before that. Stopped playing in early 09, looking to get RB3 Pro Guitar though (yeah it's a game, but check it out, actually really good! The game is essentially a tab that you read, which is amazing, considering there are over 1200 songs on RB now - if not more)

The guitar will be able to plug into amps as well, so it's not just a fake plastic toy :p (sorry for slight off-topic!)

Original electric guitar was a fender, sold it because I just decided to give up.

Been playing for about a year now I have a epiphone les paul and am not very good :S - i kind of go through phases of playing it a lot for a while and then periods of hardly playing at all

I've been playing guitar for... hmm.... 5 years? i think. I'm not as great as maybe I should be - probably has something to do with playing simple pop-punk for the first 3 years. Trying to learn some protest the hero at the minute but I can't sweep pick for **** at the moment.

I can play the guitar. I'm probably better than all of you. Haha

Been playing for about 6 years now, but since I started Uni, I've focused on my acoustic playing rather than the electric. Is a shame cos Ive got a really nice electric guitar , a fender telecaster with seymour duncan single coils in it, sounds really nice. Also got a Hughes and Kettner Matrix 100, very nice amp.

My acoustic is a Yamaha, can't remember the exact model name. Thinking of saving up for a nice, new acoustic.

I can play the drums too :)

Been playing for about 6 years now, got an Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Standard, a Freshman Apollo 3oc :)

Twenty quid says I'm better j-gibbard lmao ;)

I took guitar during my first year of high school, I can only remember E minor, ive sinced moved to vocals and drumming :p

Been playing for bout 7 years now. Recently out of a band that was, until about a month ago, "touring" North-West pubs. Now I'm teaching lower-school kids how to play, which is soooo annoying. :L

Mostly play rhythm and acoustic on a Fender Stratacoustic, which is a bit of a shame saying I have a Gibson LP Studio and a BC Rich KK Signature. Used to play bass for a while, it was a Yamaha I think.

EDIT: Talk about reviving an old thread :L

Last edited:
Used to play non-stop but it kinda fizzled out, I stopped practicing and started sucking ... might get back into it after school and all, stopped my lessons coz I really cba in between exams, coursework etc. I have a red Squier Strat ... not to expensive and pretty decent. Thinking of selling it though.