jordan henderson
scott parker
fabrice muamba
ryan shawcross
jonjo shelvey
tom cairney
jamie o'hara

etc.

Aim to sign players who are on the fringes of the England squad like M.Dawson , Jenas and Bentley , these will not be as expensive as the likes of G.Johnson , Defoe etc.

Alex Chamberlain, he's amazing (I also went to school with him, lol).

Sturridge??
Lewis Holtby - although technically German as well he has not made his German debut yet in my save (2013).

I have also set myself the same challenge with United and currently in pre-season 2013/14. I have bought Rodwell, Wilshere, Shawcross, Young (Ashley), Bale, Jones (Phil) and the above two. Also bought a few highly rated youngsters from other clubs (poached is probably a better word but they belong to me now!!!!)

Won the Champions League last year and finished second in the League after collapsing after Xmas.

I have not cleared the 'foreigners' out of my squad en masse but some are being sold and moved on at the right time and at the end of their contracts.

I should add that I am doing a British team, not an English one and I have created my searches to just select UK and Irish players

Last edited:
i'd suggest a squad along the lines of:

gk: foster, alnwick, amos
rb: vidal, richards
lb: gibbs, mattock, taylor
cb: addison, shawcross, dawson, onouha
lm: cairney, johnson, mattock,
rm: bentley, walcott,
dm: rodwell, muamba, hyam
cm: huddlestone, o hara,
cam: hunt,wilshere, lallana
st: wickham, bent, defoe, crouch, welbeck

btw i've tried to avoid picking players you've already got and anyone who you might not want to count due to them being dual nationalists are in italics.

Definately get Smithies. In my Colchester United game in the third season, he has just broken into the England team.