Any Tips for Memorizing?

mark 19 times

Reaction score
I have a french essay that i need to write tommorrow (300 words), i've memorized about 90, i can't get any more in the small brain, any help?
btw i can take 40/300 words in with me

Create mnemonics (spelling?).

Take a few words that you feel are important to know, and then create a mnemonic.

"Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain", colours of the rainbow.

Create mnemonics (spelling?).

Take a few words that you feel are important to know, and then create a mnemonic.

"Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain", colours of the rainbow.
Can't do that as they check every word on your 40 word sheet to check that it is, well, french

write it out numerous times, read it numerous times, write down just the key words you need on your piece of paper then link it together with common words from your knowledge

tattoo it on the inside of your eyelids.

Time travel to the future and see if you pass, if not don't bother studying.

Get off FM Base ;)

For my German one I would read each line and then try and say it out loud (without looking at the sheet obviously) I'd practise until I got each line right about 3 times and then after every few lines I'd try and remember all the previous lines.

When I thought I had learnt all I'd practise writing it all out a few times.

Takes quite a while though but if you learn it you can write the essay in about 15 minutes.

Change your name.. to the other 260 French words you can't remember.

Then, it will be written at the top of your test paper, so you can just copy it out. :)

for my spanish my school wasn't super strict with invigilators etc so I wrote mine out at home then when we were meant to be writing it I swapped it with my blank piece of paper given to me in the lesson. I came out with an A overall. winning

for my spanish my school wasn't super strict with invigilators etc so I wrote mine out at home then when we were meant to be writing it I swapped it with my blank piece of paper given to me in the lesson. I came out with an A overall. winning
Yeah usually only the teacher will be there sitting at the fornt, so it is pretty easy to do the old switcheroo. Don't get caught though...

Have a rough idea what your essay is about, then just write in the exam rather than trying to memorise it word for word. What I did anyway.

No unfortunately last time we had one of these my mate tried the same trick, only to find that the exam board had printed of special pieces of paper to write it on, he had to make it up which was impossible.
For the note it is sticking a bit now, memorized 190ish now

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Have a rough idea what your essay is about, then just write in the exam rather than trying to memorise it word for word. What I did anyway.
nah i'm **** at french, but my teacher has 'corrected' every piece of work to an A/A* standard, then he emails us all the corrections and says we may want to use them in the piece, so i'd rather have a **** night with a guaranteed A than a average night with a **** mark at the end of it.

Get a bottle of coke, scan the label on your PC, edit the small print around the label to your notes, print the new label and stick it onto the coke bottle.

For the record, anyone in a simular position to me led here by google, you shouldDo say 60 words a night for 5-6 nights before the exam, 20 or so minutes each night for a week is much better than nothing then 6 hours of staring blankly at a book and wandering round the kitchen...

No unfortunately last time we had one of these my mate tried the same trick, only to find that the exam board had printed of special pieces of paper to write it on, he had to make it up which was impossible.
For the note it is sticking a bit now, memorized 190ish now

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

nah i'm **** at french, but my teacher has 'corrected' every piece of work to an A/A* standard, then he emails us all the corrections and says we may want to use them in the piece, so i'd rather have a **** night with a guaranteed A than a average night with a **** mark at the end of it.

Meh, GCSEs are barely worth the paper they're written on. As soon as you have A-levels they're worthless. Not that I'm endorsing you failing. :)

Get a bottle of coke, scan the label on your PC, edit the small print around the label to your notes, print the new label and stick it onto the coke bottle.
That is a genius idea, not gonna do it but brilliant thinking!

That is a genius idea, not gonna do it but brilliant thinking!

It's a pretty well known exam cheat now, hence why you can't take labelled bottles into exams anymore. I doubt they care enough about GCSE coursework to take the label off your bottle though.