Anyone else think fm11 is too easy?

Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else thinks fm11 is too easy? Have not used any cheat tactics like the header at the back post but in two games with Newcastle I finished 5th and 2nd in the first season. In the latter game I only lost the title due to two last minute goals against Man Utd. Doing that is highly unrealistic (finishing second, not the goals conceded).

Played two seasons with Arsenal and won the league twice and European Cup plus all domestic cup comps. I realise that is not impossible to do.

So I go as Atletico Madrid thinking surely it would take a couple of years to beat Barcelona/Real Madrid but what happens? I win everything in the first season! It has been more enjoyable than my other games but I still cant help but think it is just a bit too easy. The most I spent on a player was £8m.

Was going to go Aberdeen but my mate has went them and said he has an all conquering side by the 4th season!

Anyone else think that it is too easy this year?

I know people will say go some lower league side but I even went Queens Park and won two straight promotions.

I found this version harder, haven't really played FM11 hard core yet though. I suppose one you understand the match engine, you will find it easier. A lot of people find the game hard still.

No I'm finding it much more difficult than last years.

hmm thought people would know they dont give medals on here no more for blatent show offs,well done anyways,and i dont think its any easy or harder than before your probably just the greatest fm player ever :p

No.
Try LLM - I have a thing where I have to keep my domestic bias above 75%, which makes it a bit more difficult/realistic. And by LLM I mean the lowest division possible. Or if you want an even harder challenge, play by the LLM 'rules' (I will post them if you want to know what they are). Or try to raise the prestige of a smaller nation. Or try managing Bilbao as you are only allowed to sign Basque players.

Last edited:
No.
Try LLM - I have a thing where I have to keep my domestic bias above 75%, which makes it a bit more difficult/realistic. And by LLM I mean the lowest division possible. Or if you want an even harder challenge, play by the LLM 'rules'. Or try to raise the prestige of a smaller nation. Or try managing Bilbao as you are only allowed to sign Basque players.

like the domestic bias idea! might try that. i always try to get as many domestic players as i can but I also usually sign Lukaku/Kadlec/Enyeama which brings it down plus the regens I find are usually foreign.

It kind of depends.

If you manage Real Madrid, log onto Fm-base to download tactics and training schedules and to look up the best signings possible, well then yes it's to easy.

hmm thought people would know they dont give medals on here no more for blatent show offs,well done anyways,and i dont think its any easy or harder than before your probably just the greatest fm player ever :p

not showing off or claiming to be the best fm player ever. i just think its far easier than last years game thats all.

like the domestic bias idea! might try that. i always try to get as many domestic players as i can but I also usually sign Lukaku/Kadlec/Enyeama which brings it down plus the regens I find are usually foreign.
I forgot to mention I mean both player bias statistics. So you manager's one and your clubs one.

We find it easy because of the internet. It is very easy to progress in football manager because you know all the wonderkids and all the bargains. For example if you take over Stoke, in 3 years you should be winning the league but in reality thats not gonna happen unless theres a sugar daddy.

Do you use the same tactic for all teams you manage? Maybe you've created a great tactic that really suits your team.

Do you use the same tactic for all teams you manage? Maybe you've created a great tactic that really suits your team.

I have to agree, i find it way too easy, i am playing as man utd so that might say it all but i have always played as them in every fm that has come out.

I don't look up wonderkid lists, i play with player attribute masking so i have to really scout for potential but i just find that i don't see it as enjoyable as maybe fm10 or other versions, i like some of the new stuff and i am hoping that the 3rd patch fixes the match engine as i am sick of my players running on their own and missing 20 chances a game.

TBH i play it more to stay with the same team forever and build my team around youth as i love seeing the next wonderkid and i must say fm11 is good in the sense it gives you more options to tutor, train and develop your team , but yeah i think its too easy to win.

i play the same tactic i used in fm10. flat back 4, 2 cm, 2 wingers and 2 strikers.

my first 11 after 6 games in second season with Atletico is

De Gea
Vinicius (regen)/Dominguez/Gonzalo Rodriguez/Filipe
Paulo Henrique/Ninis
Reyes/Diego Castro
Aguero/Forlan

It depends who you pick, to be fair At. Madrid are great in that game, in my Sevilla file they only lost like 2 matches the whole season in all comps. Same applies to Arsenal, you're picking teams where you have world class players at your disposal. As for the Newcastle file, coming 5th first season isn't nothing to write home about, as they usually have money to spend and a solid fan base, and some good players too. If I were you I'd pick a team which is a serious challenge, such as a lower division team. It took my friend 5 seasons to get promoted to the championship with Port Vale, where he had an 18k wage budget. That's what you call a challenge, not the files you're doing and I probably hold it above all your current achievements.

It entirely depends who you play as.
Arsenal and Athletico are fanstastic teams in this game, so obviously it's going to be easy with all the right tactics and players.

tbh its much harder if u are managing a LLM team especially eams like Wimbledon where money is scarce and u hardly have scope for new signings, either way every FM is like this, if people found it hard i doubt many would buy it as the real kick for loads of people is achieving success

I find it harder than FM10 tbh. Then again I only got the game under a week ago I think.

Your Joking ! This is the most frustrating FM by far ! Its really challenging and its not easy....... Of course it would be easy if you take Man United or Real Madrid. Try to manage a team in Romania or one of the lower division clubs in England or Spain and then you will find it challenging believe me.