Anyone noticed a change with the full version compared to BETA?

dregana

Reaction score
Is there a difference in AI? Do i actually have a chance of being a team and winning some games or is it still ridiculously hard?

Not noticed any change, I still smash teams away and lose at home no matter what tactic i play, also no tactic with 2 strikers work! Everything seems the same to me

Noticed it's not as hard for me. Finally won a reserve match with Havant and Waterlooville-which I couldn't do as Everton. There's been improvements

Hmmmm, 2 conflicting statements! It's early days still, guess i'll have to try it for myself. I agree with the 2 striker formations though, probably just have to stick to a boring 4-1-2-2-1 formation. Appreciate your input lads.

To be honest it's not as hard as I'm in Blue Square south so the quality of opposition isn't going to be the greatest, and 4-4-2 with a balanced mentality works best for me. No doubt that will change when I work my way up though

To be honest it's not as hard as I'm in Blue Square south so the quality of opposition isn't going to be the greatest, and 4-4-2 with a balanced mentality works best for me. No doubt that will change when I work my way up though

Ah ok, i'll start my save as QPR or West Ham to compare then... got relegated/sacked at both attempts last time! wish me luck...

Ah ok, i'll start my save as QPR or West Ham to compare then... got relegated/sacked at both attempts last time! wish me luck...

If you get stuck, have a look at Raikan's or The Better Halfs tactics. Won't find better, and you'll get full descriptions of what the player roles are, do's and don'ts..whole nine yards along with plenty of screenshots.

Good luck

If you get stuck, have a look at Raikan's or The Better Halfs tactics. Won't find better, and you'll get full descriptions of what the player roles are, do's and don'ts..whole nine yards along with plenty of screenshots.

Good luck

Tbh every year i just download the best tactic I cna find. FM for me isn't about tactics, so I cheat! Just sucks for me at the beginning because obviously there aren't many about. I had a look at Raikan's M&M tactic, wasn't impressed (probably down to ME rather than his tactic). Once i see a good 451 (4-1-2-2-1) tactic I think i'll download and give that a go. Tbh i'm worst at doing shouts in game... might just leave them though.

I find creating a tactic one of the most rewarding parts of the game if im honest! Rather than download one or get a super team by cheating which anyone can do with any tactic and still win, I like a challenge with birmingham I have just been promoted in my first season via the play offs and it's about my third birmingham save but I'm getting there!

In the premier league I had a budget of 200k wages and 1.5m transfer budget! I had 12 first teamers leave on a free due to wage demands and had 6 players leave who were on loan! I have signed 19 players for a combined 3m!! I'm in my budget and coming up to january and i'm 16th which feels more rewarding cos i'm using my scouts and my tactics.

Maybe i'm a geek for not wanting everything downloaded and created for me>?

Its annoying that no 2 striker formations seem to work without getting hammered by 4 or 5 though! I hate playing with 1 striker!!

Its annoying that no 2 striker formations seem to work without getting hammered by 4 or 5 though! I hate playing with 1 striker!!

I know you said you dont like downloading tactics but if you want to play with two strikers try this tactic.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-day-tactic-raikan007-442-modern-creator.html

It's made for FM12 but I used on FM13 demo with villa and it worked for me, change the corner tactic though as they seemed to have fixed that bug in FM13.

I'm actually going to try that tactic with my QPR save, see how I get on.

Is anyone smashing teams at home? my last 4 home results

Birmingham 2 norwich 3
birmingham 0 southampton 2
birmingham 0 swansea 1
birmingham 0 reading 3

away results

arsenal 0 birmingham 1
aston villa 1 birmingham 1
brighton 1 birmingham 5
wigan 0 birmingham 4

I have tried played in total about 6 seasons, different saves though. PLayed 5-4-1, 4-1-4-1, 4-3-3, 4-1-2-2-1 and 4-4-2 and this is generally the pattern. The new games seems to favour away teams even when i look at the computer generated games. Its soul destroying not been able to win home games it actually really frustrates me!! At least the disallowed goals bug seems to have been fixed, must have been all the tweets i sent miles........

There is def. improvement but it still sucks I am affraid. Low level teams still play like maestros, defenders still behave like retards, players hate to break defenses with through balls and I can not help myself but I just dont feel that players respond to my instructions.

Have to agree with there mate. If you are man utd you have 4 quality strikers and can only use 2 maybe 3 of them. When i play as everton it is better as we only have jelavic who is any good anyway lol

im still getting killed by crosses to the back post and goals from impossible angles. Just lost to cardiff in the Capitol One Cup 3-1 at home. 3 goals by their left winger on crosses to the back post. This was supposed to be fixed, game is unplayable for me at the moment.

Played 2 games and turned it off. Drew 2-2 with hull. They scored 4 mins in crossed the ball and keeper fumbled it into back of the net and then on 51st min they scored a volley similar to cisses against chelsea. Then played cardiff won 3-2 but both there goals where from goal kicks the ball bounces over cb's heads and the striker just runs passed and taps them in. Also my players just pass it across the edge of the area constantly and never seem to cross despite being set to cross etc just really frustrating tbh.

goddamit i am so mad

i am so mad at retards that download tactics and think they get a free pass.

little do they realise that every team has different players that require their own separate tactics. you can't simply chuck your low grade C grade team with a 3-4-3 very fluid super smasher tac u downloaded off the internet. it simply won't work. LOOK AT YOUR ******* TEAM. who are your players. what are their roles. do you have a short or tall striker. what is his finishing. what is his off the ball. how fast are your wide wingers? what about defense ? can you play wingbacks at all? can you play a poacher or a targetman? is your DM a playemaker or an actual DM? can you play AM or treq?

i have a better 0.5 star poacher than a 3.5 star player that can play 4 positions, simply because he is 1.89m tall and gets me home with headers and smart targetman holds and backpassing

i want to punch people that download tactics in the throat. you have been warned

Last edited: