KingJack675

Reaction score
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone's tried out Arsenal?
Are they any good? Also I know Ox's potential will be amazing but is his current ability any good?
Is Giroud any good, I think he might be useful to use as a lone striker in a 4-3-2-1 or a 4-2-3-1 with inside forwards supporting him as he'll probably have good heading and finishing (I assume) to knock in the simple goals. Are any tactics working well for you?
Sorry for all the questions, I'm just putting off pre-ordering and playing the beta till my coursework is done.

Thanks in advance!!

Ox is pretty good atm, accurate to real life. Wilshere slightly underrated atm IMO and Giroud is pretty good although I've only played him as a sub he's scored 3 goals.

Can you or anyone that got the beta FM 2013 post

the Arsenal 1st team Players Screenshots?Like cazorla, arteta, Podolski, gibbs, mertesacker, giroud,

wilshere, diaby, gervinho, ox. thanks. i would like to see their stats improvements.

Entire first team at the start of an English save:

Goalkeepers

Lukasz Fabianski
View attachment 279497

Vito Mannone
View attachment 279506

Wojciech Szczesny
View attachment 279507

Defenders

Andre Santos
View attachment 279486

Bacary Sagna
View attachment 279488

Carl Jenkinson
View attachment 279489

Kieran Gibbs
View attachment 279494

Laurent Koscielny
View attachment 279495

Per Mertesacker
View attachment 279501

Thomas Vermaelen
View attachment 279504

Midfielders

Aaron Ramsey
View attachment 279483

Abou Diaby
View attachment 279484

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
View attachment 279485

Andrey Arshavin
View attachment 279487

Emmanuel Frimpong
View attachment 279490

Francis Coquelin
View attachment 279491

Jack Wilshere
View attachment 279493

Mikel Arteta
View attachment 279499

Santi Cazorla
View attachment 279502

Tomas Rosicky
View attachment 279505

Forwards

Gervinho
View attachment 279492

Lukas Podolski
View attachment 279496

Marouane Chamakh
View attachment 279498

Olivier Giroud
View attachment 279500

Theo Walcott
View attachment 279503

Last edited:
Gervinho`s First Touch 14 ??? Are they crazzyyy ? It`s more like....7-8 ...pppffff...

Can you provide screenshots of some reserves and youth players please
For example:

Ryo Miyaichi
Chuks Aneke
Jon Toral
Benik Afobe
Nicholas Yennaris

Serge Gnabry
Jack Jebb
Chuba Akpom
Thomas Eisfeld

or maybe some highest value players from the reserves and youth team
Thx in adv

Some of the higher-profile reserves and youth players.

Benik Afobe
View attachment 279522

Chuba Akpom
View attachment 279523

Chuks Aneke
View attachment 279524

Damián Martínez
View attachment 279525

Héctor Bellerín
View attachment 279526

Ignasi Miquel
View attachment 279527

Jack Jebb
View attachment 279528

Joel Campbell
View attachment 279529

Jon Toral
View attachment 279530

Kristoffer Olsson
View attachment 279531

Nico Yennaris
View attachment 279532

Ryo Miyaichi
View attachment 279533

Serge Gnabry
View attachment 279534

Thomas Eisfeld
View attachment 279535

im gutted about the reserves and youth only akpom is 4 star but his composure is 4 which is just shocking

Miyaichi has 4-star potential, unless you're counting him as technically part of the first team. He looks promising.

Also, I have no idea who has fixed ratings and who's being generated with negative PA, so I could have gotten a bad roll of the dice on some of them. Maybe there's still hope.

Cheers for the screenshots. The left back ratings are pretty shocking, I'm thinking of trying to bring in Baines and keep Gibbs as cover. Another CB for back up/rotation, possibly a DM and exploiting Ba's £7 mil release clause.
Anywhere else that you've noticed need strengthening.

Playing as Arsenal at the moment, personally Giroud is really hard to get the best out of. only scored 5 in 18 app's all comps.

Transfers ;

Out:

Mannone - 1.4m Udinese
Santos - 6.5m Benfica
Djourou - 5.25m Ajax

In:

Butland - 7m Birmingham
Fierro - 5m Chivas (As good as he was in FM12)
Ryan Gauld - 525k Dundee
Yann M'Vila - 17.5m Stade Rennais
Schmelzer - 7.5m Dortmund (Always thought he was a good player for Dortmund IRL and his stats never showed it on FM but FM13 he's a beast)
Pires - Free (Always sign him and get him to tutor the young AM's)

I'm struggling to get the best out of my Attack and Midfield but my Defence are good, Diaby is finally as good as he is IRL but also as injury prone which is another thing, most of my key players get Injured although not unrealistically which is a positive

I'm also playing as Arsenal. Playing my second game now. I finished my first season and wasn't really feeling it. I overpaid for some players (Fellaini and Adrian) so I decided to start again and it's been much enjoyable since.

Tactics:

4-2-3-1 (GK, LB, RB, CB, CB, CM, CM, AML, AMR, AMC, ST)
4-3-3 (GK, LB, RB, CB, CB, DMC, CM, CM, AML, AMR, ST)
3-6-1 (GK, CB, CB, CB, LWB, RWB, DMC, AMC, AMLC, AMRC, ST)

Transfers:

Out:
Chamakh - Lille 3m
Arshavin - Juventus 4m
Squillaci - Valencia 500k
Pohjanpalo, Gregoritsch and youths all loaned out for first team action.

In:
Joel Pohjanpalo - HJK 200k (one of my favourites - couldn't get Demirci who I like also).
Michael Gregoritsch - Hoffenheim 2.9m (only young - to replace Giroud if he isn't performing after 2-3 seasons).
Moussa Sissoko - Toulouse FC 14m (my favourite Vieira replacement - Diaby is too injury prone in the game).
Stevan Jovetic - AFC Fiorentina 12.5m (first was listed for 25m then when he got injured it dropped and signed him on deadline day).

Main 11:

------------------ Szczesny ------------------------

--Sagna -- Koscielny -- Vermaelen (c) -- Gibbs--

------------- Sissoko ------ Arteta -----------------

--Walcott ---------- Cazorla ------------ Podolski--

-------------------- Jovetic --------------------------

Bench / rotation:
Mannone
Mertersacker
Jenkinson
Santos
Wilshere
Ramsey
Chamberlain
Gervinho
Giroud

Always injured:
Diaby :'(

Ignore/don't like:
Fabianski
Djourou
Rosicky (I actually like them all but game time is vital for youngsters and lots of players always coming back from injury too).

All who will be leaving at the end of the season. Chamberlain to inherit #7. Ramsey to inherit #8 when Arteta gets too old or retires. I'd also like to try save my money to buy back Cesc Fabregas and convert Wilshere into a winger like when he was in the youth sides. I know he has the #10 but I'd like to eventually make the perfect 4-3-3 with Ramsey, Fabregas and Sissoko just bossing the show and Wilshere, Walcott and Jovetic finishing teams for fun. Already got big plans for Chuba Akpom as well as Serge Gnabry. Trying to sign Luke Shaw is difficult but I sense I will have more luck in the second season along with a better backup keeper (I always fail at finding the right balance of back up keeper and someone who's good so I stick with what I have... I ain't paying 7m for Butland who in 2 season will complain that he isn't playing first team).

Apologies about the lack of screen shots -- I prefer to type **** out as they get all a bit same-same.

FM is my life ^^)

Last edited:
I was thinking of a 4-3-2-1 With a flat 3 in the middle of AP, BWM &CM auto/support. Reckon that would work out?
Is wallcot any good on the wing? His stats don't look too great.