How good is he? I'm yet to start HJK save which I do every year.
Really good! 11 goals in 18 games on loan for Barnsley in the npower Championship and stats are rising considerably.

Walcott is EXCELLENT at least in the Beta. Kills teams on the wings and gets loads of assists and goals. I use him and Wilshere and also Gervinho and Chamberlain on the wings and always switching and play some really good "football" :)

I'm really annoyed Jenkinson isn't rated 4-star potential. Eisfeld and Bellerin deserves to be a lot better too!

Really good! 11 goals in 18 games on loan for Barnsley in the npower Championship and stats are rising considerably.

Walcott is EXCELLENT at least in the Beta. Kills teams on the wings and gets loads of assists and goals. I use him and Wilshere and also Gervinho and Chamberlain on the wings and always switching and play some really good "football" :)

I'm really annoyed Jenkinson isn't rated 4-star potential. Eisfeld and Bellerin deserves to be a lot better too!

He is rated on his last year's performance. If he keeps this current form up he will likely get a CA/PA boost on spring update.

He is rated on his last year's performance. If he keeps this current form up he will likely get a CA/PA boost on spring update.
Here's to hoping! I really like the lad and like that he's cheap. I always add the main European leagues and try get players like that instead of paying inflated fees (you can tell I'm an oldschool Arsenal fan lol). You should also check out Muhammed Demirci from Besiktas. He has fantastic stats for technique (19), dribbling (16), creativity (16), first touch (14), passing (13) and flair (16). His lowest stats that could prove a problem are off the ball (8) and finishing (9). Work rate, concentration and bravery will go up as he's only 17.

I'm really wanting to start a new game with Fenerbahce and Turkish national team when the actual game comes out. I feel as though there is a lot of potential there for some fun seasons with a 15m-25m budget and maybe even sell off Kuyt and all the has-beens after the first window and start over with youth (I so badly want to find a Nigerian like Uche, Johnson, Okacha and all the brilliant footballers my generation grew up supporting) ;)

walcott destroys teams atm with his pace + broken ME crossing. he's scored some ridiculous goals on his own as well

Haven't played as Arsenal but I did just play them in the COC (I'm Charlton), and Chuba Akpom scored 2 goals, with Jenkinson coming back to haunt us with 2 assists! Think I might put in a cheeky loan bid for Akpom lol.

walcott destroys teams atm with his pace + broken ME crossing. he's scored some ridiculous goals on his own as well
;)

12 games 9 goals 7 assists in my second season. He is an FM13 (Beta) god!!! lol. I really do hope they fix the bug which might make it easier not to concede them too so it's fair all round.

Haven't played as Arsenal but I did just play them in the COC (I'm Charlton), and Chuba Akpom scored 2 goals, with Jenkinson coming back to haunt us with 2 assists! Think I might put in a cheeky loan bid for Akpom lol.
Charlton have Serge Gnabry in my game and is assisting for fun. Akpom is 4-star potential with Arsenal so definitely recommended to try get him on loan for a couple seasons and hope he doesn't sign a new contract.

Also AFC fans should be happy that Joel Campbell looks like quite a player!!! Not "top 10" but definitely could work the famous "Solksjaer role" and be world class at it... off the bench! ;)

Last edited:
I sold Walcott to Chelsea in my save for 25m. Also it seems Akpom's stats are random? I started two different saves with Arsenal and the one time he had 14 dribbling 8 finishing the second time they were both 13.

My transfers were:
Walcott - Chelsea 25m
Chamakh - Lille 6.5m
Djourou - Forgot Who 6m

In:
Sidney Sam - 5.25m
Simon Kjaer - 4.5m
Ademilson - 5.25m
Jetro Willems - 10m

Walcott can also be sold for 45m (US).

Jovetic always asks for a transfer so thats awesome.

M'Vila is well worth it.

Cabaye is AMAZING as a DLP.

Ademilson and his roughly 9m(US) fee is great cover for Giroud (who i have a great deal of success with).

Jovetic always asks for a transfer so thats awesome.
That's good to hear. He's a class act and I can definitely see him fitting into Arsenal IRL and doesn't want obsessive wages or agent fees. I just got offered Joe Hart for 14.25m! LOL! I don't think I want him to be honest - Szczesny has 7 clean sheets more than him!

Started an Arsenal file myself too. Haven't lost a game yet after about 5 league games (including a game vs. Utd at Old Trafford).

Transfers in:

Sofiane Feghouli (Valencia) - 9m euros
Abel Hernandez (Palermo) - don't remember at the moment
James McClean (Sunderland) - around 6m euros
Marcos Alonso (Bolton) - around 3.5m euros

Transfers out:

Andrey Arshavin to Atletico Madrid (loan)
Marouane Chamakh to Inter (loan)
Andre Santos to Swansea (loan)
Sebastien Squillaci to Lille (1.1m euros)

Main tactic:

4-2-3-1

GK: Wojciech Szczesny (GK-Defend)
RB: Carl Jenkinson (FB-Support)
RCB: Laurent Koscielny (CB-Stopper)
LCB: Thomas Vermaelen (BPD-Stopper)
LB: Kieran Gibbs (WB-Attack)
RCM: Mikel Arteta (DLP-Support)
LCM: Abou Diaby (Box-to-Box)
RW: Theo Walcott (W-Attack)
CAM: Santi Cazorla (AP-Support)
LW: Gervinho (W-Attack)
ST: Lukas Podolski (P-Attack)

Counter-attack tactic (vs. teams that I think are better than us for now):

4-1-4-1

GK: Wojciech Szczesny (GK-Defend)
RB: Carl Jenkinson (FB-Support)
RCB: Laurent Koscielny (CB-Stopper)
LCB: Thomas Vermaelen (BPD-Stopper)
LB: Kieran Gibbs (WB-Attack)
CDM: Mikel Arteta (DLP-Support)
RM: Gervinho (W-Attack)
RCM: Santi Cazorla (AP-Support)
LCM: Abou Diaby (Box-to-Box)
LM: James McClean (W-Attack)
ST: Lukas Podolski (P-Attack)

Once Sagna is back from injury he'll be 1st choice at RB and Wilshere will probably be 1st choice at CM alongside Arteta, though Diaby and Ramsey have been pretty good for me.

Walcott has been coming on as of late too, locking down the right-wing spot, while Gervinho has been my best player so the other wing is undoubtedly his. Giroud has been hard to get to play well so far.

Mertesacker and Koscielny alternate at CB next to Vermalen based on my opposition (if I'm playing someone like Crouch then Mertesacker will get the start, but most times Koscielny will start).

are people developing their own tactics for Arsenal. I was attempting to use Goals Galore from fm12 but I cant seem to beat anyone with arsenal. After 3 months im in 11th.

The southampton save i started was much more successful with the old tactic, climbing as high as 5th in december.

Any suggestions for great youngsters in the side?

Anyone sold gervinho?

Started a new Arsenal save after the Beta was updated and we just seem to be very inconsistent.

Transfers In:
Danny Simpson - £2.9m
Demba Ba - £7m
Gary Medel - £13m
Marcel Schmelzer - £6.25m

Transfers Out:
Sebastien Squillaci - £925k
Andre Santos - £4.3m
Johan Djourou - £5m

Medel and Ba have proved to be good signings, whereas Podolski and Koscielny have been dreadful so far.

had a go with them and was very inconsistant but won the FA cup but 7/8th in the league. Much more success with Chelsea but really want an Arsenal save to work!

Playing one right now. 1st after 2/3 of the season. Have only lost 2 games in the EPL, to Reading and Everton, Man city is 2nd only 4 points behind I think. Lost to Man U in COC semi final, still in FA cup and am against Montpellier in the champions league knockout. Got through group stage winning 4, drawing with Redbull Salzburg and losing to Schalke, other team was Udinese I think. Playing 433 with DM. Closing down wingers/fullbacks. Dont need to mark them. Barely concede goals. Scz has most cleansheets in the league over half my games. Closedown/tightmark any AMC imo as well as any striker you think would be dangerous in the air. Have your fullbacks runoften/hug line, works great imo. Alaba voted worlds best left back as well because of this style.

Key Signings/Departures

Out: Santos, Djourou, Squillaci, Arshavin, Gervinho, Chamakh, Mannone (plus some minor players)
In: Alaba, M'Vila (xfer list by request, same as Jovetic), Jovetic, Ademilson, Kovacic, Okore, Hiljmark, Adryan, Mattheus

Scz
Sagna Kos Verm Alaba
M'Vila
Wilshere Arteta
Walcott Cazorla
Jovetic

Last edited:
4-2-3-1 mostly, sometimes change to 4-1-2-2-1 against stronger teams, now in November 2012

I must greatly thank for the transfer stuff in this new FM, it allows me to save a lot of money and arrange acceptable exchange offers, which are really working, but somehow it creates too much transfer listings of good players, what is good for business and makes me happy, on the other way it is a little bit strange, how it works novadays :) everybody wants to earn money and play in the first team... I like it very much, especcially, when you got more great players of the same class, who develop really good just when they play, no matter where, and who you can choose from like Maher/Kovacic and the system, where even the great clubs could be beaten by a smaller ones

other info: interesting, but Chelsea is loosing lot of matches, PSG and Bayern play not like real giants for now, ManU and City in the mid table together with Liverpool, the main rival is Tottenham, Barcelona is unstoppable with Messi, Real not so good lets

come back to my Arsenal story,
after signing af all possible best Backroom Stuff on the market

GK: Szcesny(really need a better keeper I think, Ter Stegen, or the best would be Neuer(H) right now injured for 3 months at Bayern, but will try to get him, my previous option was always Lloris, but he seems not to be the same this time and in Tottenham...

DR: Sagna
for now, Jenkinson is not bad, the same with Wallace, will try to find somebody from younger stars soon and sell Sagna in summer, Walker would be great option, but you know...Tottenham
DC: Koscielny and Vermaelen are doing a very good job at the moment, have exchanged Merte (great ex for Pato(H)+7M), just managed to get Sakho (ex for Giroud+11M) when unsett, PSG is not playing well for now, and I think its a little bit overpayed, but ok, there is nobody better at his agedef. next targets: Jones, Zouma and Varane would be great
DL
: just managed to get Alaba (19M) for summer, Gibbs and Santos are scrap, just thinking aboout backup (Digne?, Sandro?...)

MCR/sup-aut.: Ramsey is ok, needs time, Wilshere seems to develop great, but don´t know how to use this position properly, playing as CM/sup or autom. but ´they don´t produce too much
MCL/DM-D: M´Villa as usually, I think I made a good exchange, when he was unset., they wanted still more than 16M, what I think was too much for an unset. player, so tried and succed with exch. for not needed Chamakh+11M(but costs almost +50k in salary to pay every week to Chamakh), as backup wanted Kara, but I didn´t find any club for permit, so he went to SLB I think, now he costs about 10M

AML/IF: Podolski, not bad, will sell him sometime, J Rodriguez(ex Gervinho, who is now playing really well for Porto), but I still think it was a good business to get him right now, anotherway I would never get so much money for Gervinho to buy Rodriguez for cash
the best piece of business for now: Götze for the next season (14,5M+Djourou), really really happy about it
would love to get Hazard for that position, Chelsea is underperforming, but he doesn´t want to negotiate for now

AMC/AP: Wilshere, Cazorla is great, Götze next season, Rodriguez rotation
AMR/IF: Wallcot plays mostly very well, but I see Chamberlain as a great future for that position (just don´t know if I could get him to perform better as a winger, or just IF)

ST/Poacher: Pato is great for now, Wallcot as sub, Giroud is exchanged, but made couple of good perf., I have tried to get unset. Leandro, and almost got him, before update came out, I have a 21,5M bid accepted, but didn´t save it and now I can´t get him lover than 27M, so another option would be Neymar :) but still to expensive, Lukaku seems not to be as good as before, I need to think about it...

some next targets: Lamela seems to be great option for AML, is currently unset. but they want 21M, I think it is too much, will try to get him cheaper, Ocampos and Andrade seem to have bright future, but there is even another striker I would be interested: Rodrigo. Kovacic or Maher everyday, just want to let them play in their leagues for another year, and trying to find a backup for MCL/DM and probably RB

another options, like Sterling, Iturbe, Niang, Fierro and lot of others need to develop, and when they agood enough, I could buy them either, but can´t play them all at once :) so its better to let them be for now

Last edited:
I sold Walcott to Chelsea in my save for 25m. Also it seems Akpom's stats are random? I started two different saves with Arsenal and the one time he had 14 dribbling 8 finishing the second time they were both 13.

My transfers were:
Walcott - Chelsea 25m
Chamakh - Lille 6.5m
Djourou - Forgot Who 6m

In:
Sidney Sam - 5.25m
Simon Kjaer - 4.5m
Ademilson - 5.25m
Jetro Willems - 10m

Why'd you sell Theo? Despite the fact that it's looking like he'll leave in January in real life, he actually makes a decent poacher in the game. But then again I have heard good things about Ademilson. How many goals has he scored for you so far?