trugunner

Reaction score
I was getting sick of playing 3 forward's because of Arsenal's over abundance of #10's, so I decided to play around and this tactic has been killer for me. Results are great. Towards the end of the season I rested players and played youth so results are off.

No OI.
Leave training to assistant.

I decided to try it with England in WC and went as far as not taking Harry Kane on the trip to see if it was real deal.
View attachment 62219
View attachment 62218

I started using the tactic after loss to Southampton.
View attachment 62217
View attachment 62216
View attachment 62215
View attachment 62213

Through November, second season:
View attachment 62188

Lower League - Portsmouth Holiday

Someone asked how it worked for lower league teams. I did a quick holiday test and results were favorable. NO transfers in.
View attachment 62078View attachment 62077View attachment 62076View attachment 62075

File Download: https://ufile.io/wixuh

Last edited:
So far so good, trying with Marseille.

Gonna give it a try with Everton. Do you have a more defensive tactic that you switch to later in the game/versus big games like Man Utd and City, Real Madrid, PSG etc?

Gonna give it a try with Everton. Do you have a more defensive tactic that you switch to later in the game/versus big games like Man Utd and City, Real Madrid, PSG etc?
I

Because I'm playing with Arsenal, I don't. I haven't tested with another club yet, let me know how it's going. My cousin is using it with his Everton save and said his results are decent.

Added Lower League Save

Did a quick test with Portsmouth, won the league with 103 points. 113 goals scored,

Really like this, i took off pass into space. my players just dont have the quality and were losing it too easy. so keep it to feet for now.

Haven't had a chance to play much with the tactic but do you really need 3 Advanced Playmakers?

Hy, tactic looks awesome and results do speak for themselves. I’m on the touch version so could you post your player instructions please

Haven't had a chance to play much with the tactic but do you really need 3 Advanced Playmakers?

You don't need 3 but Arsenal had so many I wanted tactic to fit the over abundance.

How are the wingbacks performing? Ive tried this a bit and it seems like they "over perform" in the same way they used to back in the days with an older FM version. I think it was 16 or something where the game breaking thing for that version was advanced wingbacks (just like 343 is for this version). They could more or less win the golden boot I remember.

Plugged and Played with this tactis as Liverpool, season 1 with some major transfers (Out - Mane, Matip, Moreno, Klavan; In - Kane, Milinkovic-Savic, Grimaldo, De Ligt, Arthur, Dolberg), results and squad stats below:

View attachment 61818
View attachment 61817

Won almost everything - lost by penalties vs Atletico in CL finals. Wingbacks are as impressive as in FM16 and 17.
We have conceded lots though - 44 goals in Premier League - maybe due to the fact that I used Joe Gomez in my starting 11 and Mignolet/Karius are pretty average guys for this sort of tactic.

Overall really impressed with the playstyle, I'll bring world-class goalkeeper and CD in the 2nd season and check if we'll conceed less or not.