Superb!!

Plugged and Played with this tactis as Liverpool, season 1 with some major transfers (Out - Mane, Matip, Moreno, Klavan; In - Kane, Milinkovic-Savic, Grimaldo, De Ligt, Arthur, Dolberg), results and squad stats below:

View attachment 1152280
View attachment 1152281

Won almost everything - lost by penalties vs Atletico in CL finals. Wingbacks are as impressive as in FM16 and 17.
We have conceded lots though - 44 goals in Premier League - maybe due to the fact that I used Joe Gomez in my starting 11 and Mignolet/Karius are pretty average guys for this sort of tactic.

Overall really impressed with the playstyle, I'll bring world-class goalkeeper and CD in the 2nd season and check if we'll conceed less or not.

I'm playing FM since 2010 and use tactics from this community very often. This years FM is quite boring in my opinion. Realistic tactics are garbage and i dont like to play with 3 up front. I started a new save with Arsenal using this 2-5-2-1 formation and i must say that i'm impressed so far. Seems very consistent and solid. I'm using the same line up as trugunner except for Wilshere and Ramsey. They are my back-up players for rotation. I'm playing with Andre Gomes and Milinkovic Savic. Also i mostly use Elneny for DM because he is more advanced in that position. I will post some screens later with results.

Trying it with Southampton, I have played 4 matches so far and won 3 of them against stoke,brighton and QPR but I lost too hard (4-0) against Manchester United. I am gonna try it for 10 matches and upload some screenshots.

I am sorry man. I played against Chelsea and lost 3-0. Played against City and lost 5-0. This tactic definitely doesn't work against better teams.

Last edited:
club 3000

Trying it with Southampton, I have played 4 matches so far and won 3 of them against stoke,brighton and QPR but I lost too hard (4-0) against Manchester United. I am gonna try it for 10 matches and upload some screenshots.

I am sorry man. I played against Chelsea and lost 3-0. Played against City and lost 5-0. This tactic definitely doesn't work against better teams.

Sorry to hear that. I didn't test with another team so I didn't have a chance to tweak. Let me see what I can do.

aurelia resso

View attachment 1152698

Well it's working for Arsenal. Very nice results and a away victory against City.

Glad to see it's working for you! Outside of those 2 changes in CM, any other transfer's? I'm thinking of replacing Cech. Going to wait to see what happens in summer transfer window.

Sorry to hear that. I didn't test with another team so I didn't have a chance to tweak. Let me see what I can do.

I didn't mean to offend you, I noticed that I had many opportunities around the opponents' penalty area against weaker teams, but against better teams??? was a nightmare actually. Maybe I should have played as contra tactic against better opponents.

I didn't mean to offend you, I noticed that I had many opportunities around the opponents' penalty area against weaker teams, but against better teams??? was a nightmare actually. Maybe I should have played as contra tactic against better opponents.

No offense taken. I've been playing around with the tactic and ran into the same issue as you. I tweaked it a tad but results were still losses, just not by as many goals.

Glad to see it's working for you! Outside of those 2 changes in CM, any other transfer's? I'm thinking of replacing Cech. Going to wait to see what happens in summer transfer window.

Yeah! A lot of beautiful long distance shot goals btw. No other major transfers. A few regens, Sander Berge and left back wonderkid Aaron Martin. Sold Monreal to a Chinese club (january transfer) and Welbeck to Man City. I'm going to finish this season with Cech. I also want to sign a decent back-up for Özil and Mkhitaryan in winter transfer window. Any suggestions?

cant download it , please drop another link download or via attchement

Any chance you can post the tactic without having to download it off a separate site please? I cant get it :'(