Are Man City a bit funny on anyone elses game? Strange transfer.

Maaaaaardy

Reaction score
So, i'm Arsenal and I loaned out Maitland-Niles the first two seasons to the Championship, he looks decent so I thought I might as well give him a couple of games. Before I could, Man City appeared and bid 10m for him (which was ridiculous, he'd never played a first team game). I was flattered but genuinely wanted to play him so I jokingly said 30m up front.

It happened. I sold him for 30m up front having never gotten out of my Under 21s and an average rating of 6.5 over two seasons and 80 odd games. Anyone else had a funny transfer like this? I think it was as they had no English players but I checked a couple of months later and he's hilariously just in their under 21s on 100k a week. Absolutely bizarre!

I've seen Jeff Reine-Adelaide being sold for 30 millions after 2 seasons and zero games in the first squad. Played 20 games for Fulham in the Championship and PSG, Chelsea and Man City made 30 million pounds offers. PSG got him. But I also thought it was absolutely bizarre.

OB4Yr3D.png

Just so I have proof. Yeah, I love Jeff though so I refuse to part ways with him. But it's hilarious!

OB4Yr3D.png

Just so I have proof. Yeah, I love Jeff though so I refuse to part ways with him. But it's hilarious!
Lets see his stats. Clubs need to fulfil English quotas and Maitland-Niles is a very high potential player. An English high potential player, playing 30+ games in the championship at a high level team at 17 years old, owned by a top team with £300+ million in the bank that doesn't want to sell is certainly worth the fee. The fact that he starts in the Championship at 17 years old means that his reputation rises very quickly. City have a lot of money and desperately need to fulfil their English quota, thus he's arguably worth every penny.

Just on a bit of a side note, I had a look through the Arsenal youth team and it's pretty impressive!

My scouts say Maitland-Niles has the potential to be on Bernardo Silva's level. They could be wrong of course (personally I think they are), but for a 19 y/o he has great stats. With a relatively high CA and high PA, in addition to being homegrown, I don't think £30m is all that crazy if they can afford it. And Man City usually can.

My scouts say Maitland-Niles has the potential to be on Bernardo Silva's level. They could be wrong of course (personally I think they are), but for a 19 y/o he has great stats. With a relatively high CA and high PA, in addition to being homegrown, I don't think £30m is all that crazy if they can afford it. And Man City usually can.

i just sold Nabil Bentaleb for £30mill to man Utd and he ha started one game so far!! i fort that was weird lol

Persuaded Arsenal to up their £20M bid for Lallana to £40m on deadline day 1st window. Gobsmacked but took money as only pay 1 AM have plenty of cover for wings and money on the bank now.

Persuaded Arsenal to up their £20M bid for Lallana to £40m on deadline day 1st window. Gobsmacked but took money as only pay 1 AM have plenty of cover for wings and money on the bank now.

My friend actually did the exact same thing!

Not my teams but I saw Man Utd bought Eric Dier for £30M and in his season with Spurs his average rating over 30 games was 6.4..

Not my teams but I saw Man Utd bought Eric Dier for £30M and in his season with Spurs his average rating over 30 games was 6.4..

He's at United on my game too, however Maitland-Niles averaged 6.5 over two seasons in the ****** Championship!

PSG spent 18million on Ki from swansea they just seem to want to buy anyone no matter how good they are i sold adam johnson to chelsea for 35 million which is odd in itself. chelsea, arsenal and man utd were after him so i said i wanted the 35 mill to scare them off as he is one of sunderlands best players but when chelsea offered the 35 i couldnt refuse it

This is from FM15 game, where PSG are something like my main sponsors. After a nice first season (2nd as Spurs in PL) Bentaleb developed nicely, his value was about 25mil Euros, PSG placed 35m bid. I just raised it to 85m to scare them off. few days later they offer all of the 85m upfront. Had to take it.

Man City bought my Andros Townsend for 45 mil, now hes rotting in their U21.

Another story, Bought Vietto for 30 mil, used him mainly as a sub for 2 seasons, i´d say averagage performances. United asked for a price, i said 60m, again they paid it all upfront. The best is part they did not register him for league until january. Even now he is mostly unused sub on the bench. 4 matches 1 goal.

i sold Gabriel Paulista to ManC too 29m Pound Stering

Arsenal paid me £45m for Simone Zaza and a year and a half later he still hasn't made his debut! No injuries or anything, just can't get past 33-year-old Bacca or Aboubakar. This season they've bought Dybala so his situation is only worsening. He's not even registered in their squad but they still won't sell him back to me!

Yeah, Man City is rather strange this year.

They buy a lot of players from other clubs in the BPL for large amount of money. And most of them are like 28 or 29, so they can't really make any profit on them anymore. (I do appreciate them taking Coutinho off my hands for 90 million euros so I could get Neymar in though.)

They also bought Joe Allen for 30 million euros (Who the **** would pay that for him? He had only played like 14 games or so during the first season.) and Moreno for 48 million euros.

They also sold Kevin de Bruyne to Spurs in season 4 for 33 million euros or so. The year after, they buy him back for around 53 million euros if I'm correct.

It's basically buy a lot of homegrown players for a large amount of money, even if they're ****.