Raikan007 thank you , i will give some changes you suggest a go , and also give youre tactic a try it looks just what im after realy ,the one thing ive noticed is im getting caught out at the back by pace( can i drop the def line without crippling the fluidity) , rio is no slouch for a CB but he cant match the guys with 16+ speed, and is the tactic able to be tweaked , for example i use paulo henrique in CM...can i change the boxx to boxx mid to a playmaker spt role for example? Paulo doesnt match the stats ie ...his tackling is terribad :D .

Also (sorry for being a pain in the ****) Both Fwds are set to poacher is it fine to leave Berba and rooney or do i need to go cap in hand to board to beg for funds for a new striker? :)

Thanks in advance...going to try this out later Berba is sinking fast atm for me ...cant get him ticking perhaps its just poor supply to him...managing top teams is much harder than i have had managing smaller teams,the expectation to win everything from the club is pretty pressure cooker enviroment :)

hey mate, yeah, tweak the tactic to your preference :) the two Poachers was a mistake! Change the left St slot to Complete Forward for Rooney and the Right St was made for Hernandez but change it to Treq for Berbatov and edit the PI a bit to attempt through balls etc etc....

the Right hand Cm slot is perfect for Henrique, change the role to Advanced Playmaker - Attack

you can drop the defensive line of course :)

any more help, just PM me :)

hey mate, yeah, tweak the tactic to your preference :) the two Poachers was a mistake! Change the left St slot to Complete Forward for Rooney and the Right St was made for Hernandez but change it to Treq for Berbatov and edit the PI a bit to attempt through balls etc etc....

the Right hand Cm slot is perfect for Henrique, change the role to Advanced Playmaker - Attack

you can drop the defensive line of course :)

any more help, just PM me :)

cheers man will do , dont have much time to play on weekends il give this save some hammer again from monday and see if the changes work , thanks again realy apreciate youre help.

No, Wingers are probably the most effective roles if used effectively.

Try downloading Devasto tactic as a guideline. I'm not saying copy the tactic if your not one to download but ive found that tactic to be very helpful when creating new tactics!

Definitely not.

They're very important for my West Brom team, and we're 6th at January in the first season. I have quick players with quality dribbling like Jerome Thomas on my wings, or Chris Brunt, or Somen Tchoyi etc.. All have very good crossing/dribbling/pace, which all play key parts for a winger. Thomas plays at AML but is set to an inside forward on support, even though he's not right footed. He comes inside using his left foot still but because he has good dribbling, he causes a lot of problems and is able to open up space for my striker/attacking midfielder to exploit.

Or I have Somen Tchoyi on the right wing set at as a winger on support. He comes in off the wing and beats his man quickly and shoots/crosses/passes. He got a bad injury for me at one point but before that he had about 2 goals and 4 assists in around 12 games.

Wingers are extremely important in FM11, and if used correctly can be devastating.