• Replies Replies 59
  • Views Views 3K

Are you Homophobic?

• Yes

Votes: 23 22.8%
  • No

Votes: 78 77.2%

• Total voters
homosexuals in general dont offend me in the slightest but certain issues such as gay couples adopting is what i dont find ethical. I dont think its fair on the child imagine the abuse and name calling they would suffer at school etc.... also i happen to have a few pro footballer friends who have named droped before about players they know are gay!!! thought i would add that as seen as its a football site...

I dont like them. People can do what they want just dont bring that near me.

Nothing personal after all it is a phobia.

All this mention of Alan Carr, Gok Wan you dislike them for being camp is the lamest thing i've read on here.You dislike gay men who are camp and think thats any better than being homophobic.

Thats like me saying i have nothing against black people unless they speak with a accent or talk in a foreign language, Those kind of black people i dislike, Their just rubbing it in our faces like being black is something to be proud of.

I have nothing against women, Unless they go on about how hard it is being a woman, Rub the whole giving birth thing in my face, Whine on endlessly about equal rights, Like being a woman is something to be proud of.

Now because i said i only dislike a certain type of women or black person i can not be considered a sexist or a racist because the other black people and women i have no problem at all with, Thats bull if i actually thought like that i would be racist and i would be sexist no matter what pathetic reason i come up with for disliking them.

Thats no different to you people with camp gay guys, Your homophobic to a extent because you dislike a certain type of gay person, Your reasons are pathetic just like the ones i gave, "they shout", "they change the way they walk and talk", "they boast about being gay", Pathetic reasons to dislike a gay person.

I know alot of guys who shout, i know alot of guys from England who talk like black americans and walk like them, I know alot of guys who boast about how many women they have slept with, I'm sure alot of you know people like that too but when a gay person does the same thing you dislike them, Its fine for a straight guy to shout, change the way he talks and walks and boast about his sexaulity but when a gay guy does the same thing, You dislike them.

Straight guy does it, No problem, Gay guy does it, Dislike them, Now to me that sounds alittle homophobic.

Just to clear it up, I'm not racist or sexist i was giving examples of how what people are saying and the pathetic reasons would not be accepted in other areas.

I don't care about somebody being gay, I know quite a few gay people, I think the worlds moved on from being homophobic. I don't even mind really camp stand-ups, not that they should be any different, I just mean like Alan Carr is quite annoying but I think he's hilarious. As long as it's funny it's not that bad. I think Gok Wan is actually a pretty okay guy although his programme is pure ****.

All this mention of Alan Carr, Gok Wan you dislike them for being camp is the lamest thing i've read on here.You dislike gay men who are camp and think thats any better than being homophobic.

Thats like me saying i have nothing against black people unless they speak with a accent or talk in a foreign language, Those kind of black people i dislike, Their just rubbing it in our faces like being black is something to be proud of.

I have nothing against women, Unless they go on about how hard it is being a woman, Rub the whole giving birth thing in my face, Whine on endlessly about equal rights, Like being a woman is something to be proud of.

Now because i said i only dislike a certain type of women or black person i can not be considered a sexist or a racist because the other black people and women i have no problem at all with, Thats bull if i actually thought like that i would be racist and i would be sexist no matter what pathetic reason i come up with for disliking them.

Thats no different to you people with camp gay guys, Your homophobic to a extent because you dislike a certain type of gay person, Your reasons are pathetic just like the ones i gave, "they shout", "they change the way they walk and talk", "they boast about being gay", Pathetic reasons to dislike a gay person.

I know alot of guys who shout, i know alot of guys from England who talk like black americans and walk like them, I know alot of guys who boast about how many women they have slept with, I'm sure alot of you know people like that too but when a gay person does the same thing you dislike them, Its fine for a straight guy to shout, change the way he talks and walks and boast about his sexaulity but when a gay guy does the same thing, You dislike them.

Straight guy does it, No problem, Gay guy does it, Dislike them, Now to me that sounds alittle homophobic.

Just to clear it up, I'm not racist or sexist i was giving examples of how what people are saying and the pathetic reasons would not be accepted in other areas.

Where did I say I don't mind a straight guy acting the same? That'd annoy me just as much.

Just because it's a homosexual guy acting like a tool, doesn't mean I target them based on their sexuality... it's because of their behaviour.

If a girl did it, I'd be the same.

You made an incorrect assumption.

I concur with FMBilly

I think you just got your man pants in a twist

im not homophobic atall, i have an uncle who is gay and he is probs the best relative i have, what i don't like is over the top camp gays, who throw being gay in your face, puting on voices, walking weirdly, saying words like honey and so on, theres just no point.

Billy you said:

"If he was a camp guy, Alan Carr is a good example, I can't imagine we'd remain friends for very long... as I find it one of the most embarrassing, and annoying traits in a person"

See, the part that grabbed me was when you said you can't imagine you would remain friends for very long if he was camp, Even though you consider him a friend and know him to be a decent guy if all of a sudden he became a camp guy, You dont think you would remain friends with him for very long, He would embarrass you with his campness, Do you value what strangers think of you more than your friends or something? He would still be the same person just abit camper.

You didnt need to say you wouldnt treat straight guys the same because i believe you would, A straight guy acting camp still draws the same attention to you that a gay camp guy does, Although personally i would question the sexuality of any straight guy who was as camp as Alan Carr thats not the point.The traits you find annoying and ebarrassing are the traits of camp gays, The behaviour you dislike is the behaviour of a camp gay man, So while you may not target them based on thier sexuality, You do target them based on a certain aspect of the gay sexuality that being campness.

You tolerate certain aspects of their sexuality but not others, To a extent that makes you homophobic although clearly other people dont see it that way because they share your views on camp guys too so its understandable they wouldnt agree its alittle homophobic to dislike a person based on the traits of a camp gay person.

See i was to say the same thing you have said about one of my black friends it would be considered racist."If he started talking in his native language and wearing a turban, I dont think we would remain friends very long".People would be calling me racist for saying that but when you do the same thing in terms of the way a gay person acts your not homophobic, How exactly does that work?

Billy you said:

"If he was a camp guy, Alan Carr is a good example, I can't imagine we'd remain friends for very long... as I find it one of the most embarrassing, and annoying traits in a person"

See, the part that grabbed me was when you said you can't imagine you would remain friends for very long if he was camp, Even though you consider him a friend and know him to be a decent guy if all of a sudden he became a camp guy, You dont think you would remain friends with him for very long, He would embarrass you with his campness, Do you value what strangers think of you more than your friends or something? He would still be the same person just abit camper.

You didnt need to say you wouldnt treat straight guys the same because i believe you would, A straight guy acting camp still draws the same attention to you that a gay camp guy does, Although personally i would question the sexuality of any straight guy who was as camp as Alan Carr thats not the point.The traits you find annoying and ebarrassing are the traits of camp gays, The behaviour you dislike is the behaviour of a camp gay man, So while you may not target them based on thier sexuality, You do target them based on a certain aspect of the gay sexuality that being campness.

You tolerate certain aspects of their sexuality but not others, To a extent that makes you homophobic although clearly other people dont see it that way because they share your views on camp guys too so its understandable they wouldnt agree its alittle homophobic to dislike a person based on the traits of a camp gay person.

See i was to say the same thing you have said about one of my black friends it would be considered racist."If he started talking in his native language and wearing a turban, I dont think we would remain friends very long".People would be calling me racist for saying that but when you do the same thing in terms of the way a gay person acts your not homophobic, How exactly does that work?

I think you read a bit much into "I can't imagine we'd remain friends for very long". It was just my way of saying I'd probably dislike the guy, not a reference to me being friends and then suddenly not being. I should have worded it differently perhaps, but there you go.

As for the racism comment... do you actually believe that a homosexual person, deliberately forcing a high-pitched voice out of their mouth for attention (let's face it, that's exactly why they do it) is the same as a guy talking in the accent of the country he was born in?

I don't see what you're getting at with this. I honestly believe you're reading way too much into my posts.

noobito, really camp people are annoying, full stop. It doesnt matter whether they are or arent gay or whatever, im totally against homophobia and i dont think campness is an inherited trait, there are plenty of gay guys that are not at all camp and plenty or straight guys who are, campness and gayness are two different things. Saying somebody is homophobic because they dont like really camp people is wrong because it is the personality traits that they dislike not the sexuality of the person.

Yes, Ronaldo's a wee ****.

On a more serious note I've got a few "normal" gay friends, but camp and overtly gay people like Gok Wan and Allan Carr do my head in. Got one pal who was camp and he could effectively kill any conversation with "it stings getting sperm in your eye."

Im not homophobic but how are people saying its normal? Its obviously not normal. Having said that iv got nothing against them just dont think its normal.

Depends entirely on your definition of 'normal' I guess.

I suppose 'the norm' would be heterosexuality.

tbh i don`t care if gay or straight black or white , high pitch or deep voice (lol)
i like alan carr,scott mills because there funny would they be funny if they didn`t like **** probley yes so dose it matter no!
i`m happy married with two kids both girls if 1 or both turn out to be gay don`t think it would faze me 1 bit!
as for bothering u in terms of them touching or harsing u in a bar say for me i think u tell the person ur straight and the kept on at u then yes that would be wrong!
as this is a football forum then i would like to add i once had trails at chelmsford city!and i DIDN`T make it!lol i was ****!

I don't mind gay people its just if they start getting close to ya. Then you have to start to worry.

Mathematically I am not.
Competition sucks.

But, to walk on the "city" in Manchester is a bit scary. LOL

This is a strange thread... What possessed you to make this Kris!> :O

i think being gay is a problem for the planet but it doesnt make the person bad but the ones who are really camp and ******* annoy me

Back