I'm using Eriksen and Soldado. Soldado has 5/6 goals in 3 games. Including a poker against Swansea, at Liberty stadium. I've been rotating him with Jay Rodriguez (has some nice stats for the CF role), who scored two goals in 2 matches.
In the AMC role, it's been Eriksen who started the majority of the matches and has performed very well. His roam from position has given my team much space to exploit, specially for Dembel? in the MC role. I've tried Sigurdsson and Lamela but they've a normal performance. Holtby return now from injury. I've high hopes for him!

The words "results grinder" sounds terrific! Hehe. I'm imagine myself playing with a top team and using that approach haha. I'm not a fan of "beautiful football", so for me that will be very nice.

EDIT: I'm open for testing too. Tell me a team if you want. I'm currently taking the "Champions League challenge", now with Chelsea. I could test it with them. I will not save, so if things didn't work out, I'll return to where I was :)

Last edited:
Recent Results:

Been going exceptionally well with Palace so far, even stronger with my latest tweaks. I'm at the half way point and sitting 2nd in the league with a game in hand to play struggling Swansea. I've played all the top 6 and the only team that's managed to beat me out of them is Chelsea. Here's how the tactic looks:

As you can see there is a lot of resemblance to the Sacchi 4-4-2, however it plays nothing like it or how Sacchi would want his teams to play so I daren't put his name to it :p. Despite the attacking strategy, it is a deep lying, counter-based tactic that looks to exploit the flanks and deliver crosses to the target man. Key points:

• Opposition Instructions by Assistant
  • Match Prep = Defensive Positioning (once tactic fluid)
  • Pace at the back not as essential as with Sacchi, but defensive attributes are even more so important (e.g. Anticipation / Positioning / Concentration) as they will be bombarded with more attacks.
  • The Target Man is the key man, he will bag lots of goals and assists from flick ons. All attributes associated with winning attacking headers are the most important attributes, I'd expect 15/16+ Jumping, Strength and Heading. Striker attributes (finishing, composure) will compliment this, any other abilities are a bonus. I cannot stress enough how important this man is.
  • The deliver for the TM is of equal importance to his ability, therefore wingers with great crossing supplemented with dribbling, pace/acceleration to get to the byline are important.
  • Start games with Attack strategy. Switch to Counter if winning by 2 goals at 60 mins, by 1 goal at 75 mins (or when you would be happy with a draw). I will start with Counter strategy if I am a huge underdog, i.e. vs Man Utd at Old Trafford (see result above!)
  • Your DMs will get lots of bookings. This is part and parcel of the role they play in the team, look to have ample subs to replace them or if you are willing to risk it warn them at half time to calm down or switch their tackling to easy.
Tactic is attached in this post. Enjoy! I hope my 2nd half of the season is as good as my first.

Great, great, great! :D

I'm using your Sacchi tactic in Chelsea (great results as always) so it will be very easy to plug in this and get the team adapted to it. Will get back to you, even with bad results, with my conclusions and findings :)

Thank you!

Great, great, great! :D

I'm using your Sacchi tactic in Chelsea (great results as always) so it will be very easy to plug in this and get the team adapted to it. Will get back to you, even with bad results, with my conclusions and findings :)

Thank you!

Quality, though with Chelsea you will need a TM, shame Lukaku can't be recalled.

Yeah I know. Maybe with Eto'o and all his good stats in some areas :)

If I struggle I change to the Sacchi tactic.

Cheers mate!

Yeah I know. Maybe with Eto'o and all his good stats in some areas :)

If I struggle I change to the Sacchi tactic.

Cheers mate!

Hmm, neither Eto'o or Torres are good enough in the air for TM role. Ba is probably the best in the current squad (Jumping 14, Strength 16, Heading 16) but even then with Chelsea you could bring someone like Benteke in who would be world class in that role.

I've sold Demba Ba. He was always complaining. Just beat Hull at home 2-0. Eto'o scored the first after a good team play. The support role he has was vital to his finishing. Now I play against Celtic away. I might return to the "old" Sacchi as I don't have the aerial threat to damage their defense.

It really depends on if I win CL or not. If I win in the first year, I won't continue here as this is a CL challenge. If I continue I will bring a TM in the summer. Anyway, I'm gonna look to the transfer market in January and see what I'll do.

I'm currently top of the table after 24 games, got a tough run of games coming up though. Im on 50 points, Chelsea on 47.

View attachment 447992View attachment 447991

My 15 match unbeaten run in the prem comes to an end because of a terrible referee who was either bought or gave into the home pressure. Batth was sent off for a pen which was never a pen (rescinded ban) and the 2nd penalty was dodgy as well.

Now we know FM is realistic, though change the 'City' for 'United' :/

View attachment 434228View attachment 434231

My 15 match unbeaten run in the prem comes to an end because of a terrible referee who was either bought or gave into the home pressure. Batth was sent off for a pen which was never a pen (rescinded ban) and the 2nd penalty was dodgy as well.

Now we know FM is realistic, though change the 'City' for 'United' :/
just think this game like to show you is the boss now and then **** happens mate but nice going

Just had Heskey score an own goal, that one more than he's scored in the right net in the league (typical Heskey). Luckily I beat Stoke 2-1 though :)

where the **** did you get the god that is heskey from?

Newcastle United...Jets in Australia. He's been my backup Target Man to Makiniok and of course emergency centre back cover!

great tactic sean :)
and I'll waiting for your arsenal tactics

Served me well with a few minor changes to stop my midfielders getting sent off so frequently.

- 4 straight promotions with stockport and top of the championship.
- Beat Fulham 6-2 in the 5th round of the FA cup.

I found a midfielder when I got promoted this year, Daniel Barlaser, who was labelled as the next Hamit Altintop which is pretty cool.
View attachment 447734View attachment 447730

Last edited:
Again, your tactics prove to be the best! Won the Euro Supercup, the Premier League and the CL with a mix between this one and the deep 4-4-2. The tactic isn't nothing without a good manager (specially with this demanding approach) and it's essentially that both parts can do their job properly. But, hats off to you Sean for this amazing good piece of work! Without this, this achievements would be much more difficult :)

As a side note, I think it would be nice see you away from the 4-4-2. Just to change things a bit and try new things. At least for me ;)
Cheers!!

hows best way stop stop so many red cards for dm players

I found that adding "ease off tacles" to CDM positions on the player tactics page and simply finding midfielders with lower aggression and higher Desicison stats.

I`m using your arrigo 4-4-2 v2 with great success with an underdog team so far, but I have one doubt, do you use the exploit the flanks shout when playing against a wingless formation? What about using the same rules of the deep 4-4-2 for using counter-attack when winning by a goal at 75 minutes? Thanks and nice work!