anyone still using this tactic? I had amazing results with V2 until new patch... also on FM13 this was surely best tactic
i do. i push 2 DMs to the mid line and set the left CM as CM support and right CM as Ball Winning Midfielder also support
and then set your two CDs both as defend then you need at least 1 CD with fast speed.

i do. i push 2 DMs to the mid line and set the left CM as CM support and right CM as Ball Winning Midfielder also support
and then set your two CDs both as defend then you need at least 1 CD with fast speed.

And how is that working for you?
I tryed it out again with RB Leipzig from 3. div. Germany and what I could see is that my CD are standing way high up and are easy beening overplayed by the other team.

And how is that working for you?
I tryed it out again with RB Leipzig from 3. div. Germany and what I could see is that my CD are standing way high up and are easy beening overplayed by the other team.
im playing with Jiangsu from chinese super league. i do have some problem with defence but i also score enough to win
like 2 or 3 goals per game...but i also lost 1 or 2 goals per game too

It is a real pity this tactic has never been resurrected. It was truly the most consistent tactic I have used over the last 2 or 3 versions in last years edition.

I would love to hear back from Sean on what he is up to these days. Any tactics in the pipeline?

this tactic is really missing... it would be great if sean recreate it for 14.3 patch

Does anyone know if this tactic works on the last patch 14.3? I never tested it in FM 2014, but in FM 2013 was amazing (like The Grid Tactic for FM 2012)... I'm looking for a BUG tactic to use it for winning all competitions with small teams... thank you in advance.

Does anyone know if this tactic works on the last patch 14.3? I never tested it in FM 2014, but in FM 2013 was amazing (like The Grid Tactic for FM 2012)... I'm looking for a BUG tactic to use it for winning all competitions with small teams... thank you in advance.

This tactic was never that though, it was just a well put together tactic which unfortunately doesn't seem to work in FM14.

Actually I think the formation is still pretty good. Gladbach won the Bundesliga in one of my save games where I managed in a lower league with a 4-4-2 with 2 DMs so I reckon it can still work with a few tweaks.

Yup I agree Flohrinho! Let us all put our collective efforts together to get this tactic back on track! Gladbach's 442 with 2 DMs is exactly how they play like in real life. Lucien Favre likes a short passing game with pressing from the 4 attacking players while the 2 Dms and back 4 stay back as a defensive unit to defend. Maybe we can get a few performace analysis of how they set up in games on your save in terms of their average positions and maybe reverse engineer how the AI sets it up.

Wonderfull tactic !
Started a season with Frankfurt and won Europa Cup and German Cup the first year, won the Bundesliga the second year, 3rd in the Bundesliga and Semi-final in Champions League the third year, won the Champions League, the Bundesliga and the World Cup (with France) the 4rth year !
Thank's a lot for this ! Going to try to adapt it to FM15 !

Wonderfull tactic !
Started a season with Frankfurt and won Europa Cup and German Cup the first year, won the Bundesliga the second year, 3rd in the Bundesliga and Semi-final in Champions League the third year, won the Champions League, the Bundesliga and the World Cup (with France) the 4rth year !

Seriously? I thought it was never tunned to work on 14.3 patch.

Wonderfull tactic !

V1 or V2?

This 14.3.1 patch in fm is a real pain, i only bought the game a few weeks ago, and did almost a full season, dont have enough time to play as much as i wanted, that's why it is taking a while.

But because sometimes i get a little frustrated in the way i lose or draw some games, i load up my fm 2013 save where i use this tactic and just have a little fun for an hour or so, because it just works great.

Now i decided to look for the same tactic for 2014, but from the comments looks like it does not work so well, but i might give it a go and try to tweak it, i'm no expert but no harm in trying.

This formation helped my Wimbledon going straight up to the BPL, 1 season in each league.
Have beaten Man Utd away & even City with this, but i have so many creative mid i want to use so i have decided to change to a 4-2-3-1, which havent gone good so far... FANTASTIC TACTIC Sean.

So this does not work on 14.3.1 right? Was my favorite tactic.

sean do you have a super tactic for 14.3.1 this was best fm13 tactic please have a super tactic lots of goal!