Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs

Got a day off today and was looking at this tactic, looked good so ill test it with Wigan. Normally use my own so looking forward to testing it.

Let me know how you get on, whats the transfer budget like?

you don't have to do that! from the results you have posted it seems to be working extremely well! just wait for feedback, actual feedback, not someone trying to act clever!

I'd rather be clever than acting with 2 faces, I've said my personal POV. San Marino result is superb but it's in the year 2016. Sometimes you yourself critisize that.

Still I'm saying that some ppl may like such default alike tactics. Or maybe this forum should be flooded with successful default tactics.

My advice is to get to Serie A at all costs and build a squad capable of playing in Europe. This is when you will start raking in the money and will be able to improve your facilities, coaches etc. so that you can bring through good regens. Concentrate on the first team, I'm only just starting to bring youth players through as my intakes have been awful so far!

View attachment 322984

These were my first season signings, I hope they are still available on the new patch! Giovanni Fortunati comes highly recommended, he has only just lost his place in the starting line-up and has been quality throughout the seasons.

thanks every bit of help the better going to give this a go with my guernsey save just got to the blue sqaure bet lets see if i can stary there

I'd rather be clever than acting with 2 faces, I've said my personal POV. San Marino result is superb but it's in the year 2016. Sometimes you yourself critisize that.

Still I'm saying that some ppl may like such default alike tactics. Or maybe this forum should be flooded with successful default tactics.
ok what about his results with granada there in the first season?

yeah, San Marino 4 years into the game is not Barcelona at the start nor City! If he was in 2018 then it is a different story!

I suggest concentrating on making your own tactics better than worrying about others tactics being a little different.. at least he made his own tactic and not copied someone elses :)

now this is as far as it goes, we know your point of view, thats cool :)

This is why I tested with Granada in the first season, who have a strong basis for the tactic just lacked quality strikers. I've also been achieving good results with the San Marino national team, the worst national team in the world!

yeah, San Marino 4 years into the game is not Barcelona at the start nor City! If he was in 2018 then it is a different story!

I suggest concentrating on making your own tactics better than worrying about others tactics being a little different.. at least he made his own tactic and not copied someone elses :)

now this is as far as it goes, we know your point of view, thats cool :)

Calm down there and behold, I have 5 default alike successful tactics , I know if I post them here someone will commit suicide :D

I've just got it on standard size, or whatever it started with, not changed it with any team.

View attachment 323009

This is how it's looking in my current season with my strengthened San Marino side at the half way point. Sitting 1 point behind Juve on 46 points, going strong but a couple of poor draws (Catania & Cesena) have let me down. Other draws came to Palermo & Torino and the loss to Lazio. Biggest results, beating both Milans (1-0), Napoli (5-0) and Juventus Away (4-1!!). Had injury problems with my strikers, not been able to get a consistent partnership between Niang, Ongenda, Immobile and Zhenghua (regen) hence none of them in the top scorers yet.

Let me know how you get on, whats the transfer budget like?

It's 5mil.
I had to pop out for a few hours so started testing again now. Will post screens later. First game at home to City was a 2 nil win, good start.

Quality start Dan, look forward to seeing the screen shots!

View attachment 323358

My recent form....a little disappointed with the loss to Napoli and draw with Cagliari in the league. However, having a few injury/suspension problems at the moment as well as 3 first teamers away at the African Nations. Scraping through it, for those games I had to play a makeshift backline and DMs!

I may well be well off the mark here but this is a tactic which reminds me quite a lot of the way Stale Solbakken set out to make Wolves play. I liked him as a manager and for that reason alone I am tempted to give this a go.

I may well be well off the mark here but this is a tactic which reminds me quite a lot of the way Stale Solbakken set out to make Wolves play. I liked him as a manager and for that reason alone I am tempted to give this a go.

Yes Solbaaken uses a very strict 4-4-2 / 4-4-1-1 high line and pressing, very similar to Sacchi's and I reckon was highly influenced by it.

can this be used in FMC? has anyone used it?