Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs

Wouldn't teamwork be more accurate for Shadow Play type training?

Wouldn't teamwork be more accurate for Shadow Play type training?

In all honesty its probably the combination of teamwork and defensive positioning. But I think the DP aspects is most relevant as this was what he was trying to develop overall (through the use of teamwork).

In all honesty its probably the combination of teamwork and defensive positioning. But I think the DP aspects is most relevant as this was what he was trying to develop overall (through the use of teamwork).

Cool, I've made a bunch of Very Fluid Attacking tactics and recently made a 4-4-2 with Sacchi in mind. Its similar to yours but I have two cds and 2 cms.

The match prep part always confused me though. I was using teamwork but was thinking of switching to DP simply cause i've seen alot of people using DP with with Very Fluid attacking tactics.

Also I've read before that Shadow Play was about getting his team used to Zonal Marking so your probably right about DP for match prep.

Cool, I've made a bunch of Very Fluid Attacking tactics and recently made a 4-4-2 with Sacchi in mind. Its similar to yours but I have two cds and 2 cms.

The match prep part always confused me though. I was using teamwork but was thinking of switching to DP simply cause i've seen alot of people using DP with with Very Fluid attacking tactics.

Also I've read before that Shadow Play was about getting his team used to Zonal Marking so your probably right about DP for match prep.

Yes it was all about getting the team to perfect his zonal marking system, which was vital for his high line / pressure defence to work. Ideally if you could do two at the same time it would be both!

Would you mind updating the OP with specific attributes you would recommend for each position?

Are you going to try it with a Premiership team by any chance?

Quick Fixtures update for you...havent been able to test much becasue of work but each game i feel the tactic is getting stronger and the other teams being limited to a few changes. Corner set up is fantastic btw ;)

View attachment 323527

Would you mind updating the OP with specific attributes you would recommend for each position?

Are you going to try it with a Premiership team by any chance?

I have just done so and added some general player tips in there. At the moment I am too into my San Marino game to start a new game, but Danhimself1707 is testing it with Wigan.

Quick Fixtures update for you...havent been able to test much becasue of work but each game i feel the tactic is getting stronger and the other teams being limited to a few changes. Corner set up is fantastic btw ;)

View attachment 323527

Some great results in there, the Arsenal result aside. Considering the strength of the Wigan squad that's good going so well done! What is your starting 11 and what signings have you made? It's meant to be very difficult for teams to break through (Milan's team was very hard to break down under Sacchi) so I'm glad its looking that way.

Currently sitting 4th in the league 4 points of top after 16 games. 5 game win streak (4 in the league).

Only added Wanyama and Yttergard Jenssen to my team.

Currently sitting 4th in the league 4 points of top after 16 games. 5 game win streak (4 in the league).

Only added Wanyama and Yttergard Jenssen to my team.

That's fantastic. Wanyama is exactly the kind of player for the DM role and is versatile enough to play in CB if needed. Yttergard Jensen adds creativity to the DM too, so the balance that you have there is very similar to my own DMs (I've got Simao and Oriol Romeu).

Great work, hope it continues!

Yeah I felt I need to start strengthening from the back first building a solid base for survival but so far I'm challenging for Europe so we will see lol

Getting the team talks and Opp instructions correct has been crucial.

Ill post more screens 2moro with in match stats.

Yeah I felt I need to start strengthening from the back first building a solid base for survival but so far I'm challenging for Europe so we will see lol

Getting the team talks and Opp instructions correct has been crucial.

Ill post more screens 2moro with in match stats.

Just out of interest, what have you been doing with opposition instructions?

Partly following what you said and what one of my coaching staff with high tactical knowledge says then using my knowledge of Prem players to have a nice mix.

Btw don't switch to counter for the last 10mins of a game, just had Norwich get 2 goals after I made the switch....lesson learnt.
(Drew 2-2)

Partly following what you said and what one of my coaching staff with high tactical knowledge says then using my knowledge of Prem players to have a nice mix.

Btw don't switch to counter for the last 10mins of a game, just had Norwich get 2 goals after I made the switch....lesson learnt.
(Drew 2-2)

Good stuff on the opp instructions, I feel that they compliment the tactic well. No I don't switch from attacking, not even with the San Marino national team :p to hold onto leads I generally bring on more defensive personnel and put time wasting all the way up.