Michael19

Reaction score
I play the following formation.

-----GK-----
LB-CB-CB-RB
LM--CM--RM
-CAM--CAM-
-----ST-----

I am thinking of buying Fellaini as he would be perfect for my CM role. I have solid CAMs so I do not think I need anymore of them.

For my strikers: are Walcott, Podolski and Giroud good enough to challenge for the title and do well in Europe? Are there any young strikers worth picking up in this years version?

For RM I have Ox who I am planning on phasing in, but could do with a more established RM to play there as well in the big games. LM is a position I definitely need to buy a couple of players for, as it stands Arshavin can play there but not well IMO. I am struggling to think of who to buy for this position - Ideally I'd like a young player who would eventually become world class with time and an older player who could slot right into the first team.

I need a quality LB who could start straight away, and a RB to replace Sagna in time.

I think maybe one cheap CB for cover would do. I think I am fine on the GK front.

Now, what should I do with the players I have that don't fit my formation? Gervinhio is the main problem, I could probably retrain him but would I be better selling? Who else in the Arsenal squad is worth selling?

Thanks in advance.

For your LM, why not drop one of the CAM deeper and move the LM and RM up (So it's the 4-2-3-1 we play in real life). Then you can play Podolski/Gervinho there.

If not, Douglas Costa is quality for me there.
Or Wellington Nem is such a bargain! £3.5m release clause and he can all over the midfield!

Gibbs is alright if you want to save money, if not try go for Baines. Jenkinson also has quite a good potential, if not I don't really know any good young RB's on this years game yet.

You already have 3 top-class CB's in Mert, Kosc and Verm, so with Djourou as further backup, you don't really need a new CB. However, Kurt Zouma is once again quality!

Gervinho is quality for me, 5 goals in 6 games so far.
Try get a cheao backup GK, and sell Mannone. You should be ablle to get just over a £1m for Squillaci.

jovetic is quality for me and maybe look at alaba depending on your budget.

In my Arsenal save I have signed Falcao (52), Hummels (26), Romulo (20.5), Isco (17.5), Alaba (17), Butland (4.5) and Smalling (13) who arrives in January.

I have sold Gervinho (12.5), Mertesacker (11), Chamakh (7), Arshavin (7), Djourou (5.5), Andre Santos (4.8), Fabianski (1.5) Squillaci (1.3), Coquelin (loan), Frimpong (loan).

I plan to sell Rosicky, Diaby and Koscielny in January and bring in a couple of back up players.

Falcao (16 goals and only in mid-November) and Hummels (captain) are amazing, Cazorla is playing wide left to accommodate Isco who looks like becoming a world class AM, Alaba is coming good after injury, Romulo is performing ok but being retrained to play CM.

I am currently 2nd in a really good save with Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool all up there after 12 matches along with Fulham surprisingly and Spurs are 17th.

Champions League group was a joke, I got Benfica, Juventus and Dortmund I am currently second with a win over Juventus and Dortmund at home and defeat away to Benfica.

I definitely recommend getting rid of the payers you mentioned and replacing them with younger more determined players. my view is that players like Mertesacker, Santos, Arshavin and Chamakh will need replacing eventually so why wait around when you can get good money for them first season.

In my Arsenal save I have signed Falcao (52), Hummels (26), Romulo (20.5), Isco (17.5), Alaba (17), Butland (4.5) and Smalling (13) who arrives in January.

I have sold Gervinho (12.5), Mertesacker (11), Chamakh (7), Arshavin (7), Djourou (5.5), Andre Santos (4.8), Fabianski (1.5) Squillaci (1.3), Coquelin (loan), Frimpong (loan).

I plan to sell Rosicky, Diaby and Koscielny in January and bring in a couple of back up players.

Falcao (16 goals and only in mid-November) and Hummels (captain) are amazing, Cazorla is playing wide left to accommodate Isco who looks like becoming a world class AM, Alaba is coming good after injury, Romulo is performing ok but being retrained to play CM.

I am currently 2nd in a really good save with Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool all up there after 12 matches along with Fulham surprisingly and Spurs are 17th.

Champions League group was a joke, I got Benfica, Juventus and Dortmund I am currently second with a win over Juventus and Dortmund at home and defeat away to Benfica.

I definitely recommend getting rid of the payers you mentioned and replacing them with younger more determined players. my view is that players like Mertesacker, Santos, Arshavin and Chamakh will need replacing eventually so why wait around when you can get good money for them first season.

What year are you in?

For LM,if you could I'd recommend Bale. If not,your best bet would be retraining someone to there,maybe Griezman.

Hey. I need a winger that can sometimes play midfield or a play-maker I gave up on Gotze, Dortmund won’t sell him anymore. Which one is a better choice? Isco, Leitner, Lamela, Maher, or Jovetic? Thank you

For LM,if you could I'd recommend Bale. If not,your best bet would be retraining someone to there,maybe Griezman.
IMO Bale is impossible to sign for arsenal due to rival...
rec LM : James Rodriguez - Porto
LB : definitely David Alaba - Bayern (offer him middle of augustn due to his current injury)

Lamela, he turns into a weapon in a few years. I'm in 2020 with everton and he has won world player of the year 4 times!

Hey Anyone who wants a striker just get Falcao or Ba
Ba:
Dominant in air and plus very good with Giroud. Buy-out Clause 7m= Bargain
Falcao: Give 26m straight and after 50 games 30-40m it worked and i won the Champions league
Also if you dont want baines going to united put in a better bid give an amazing contract see if they have inte
rest and then delay it

Fellaini - unsettle him, he requests a transfer at £23m
Alaba - 17m (mid August) - great LB cover for CM as well as LM
WILL HUGHES - versatile for 4m and if you give him 10 mins every other game he is first season ready all over the pitch in season 2
okore - cheap and cheerful reserve/cover
wellinton nem or isco if you can afford him

sell chamakh, arshavin, djourou, santos and gervinho if you can

Interesting, I started my first season and my transfer budget with Arsenal was 28 mln pounds. Earned £25m and spent £43,5m

My pre-season situation in the first season is:

OUT: Watt, Eastmond, Diaby, Rees, Yennaris on loan, Squillaci £1,4m, Gervinho £9,25m, Arshavin £4,1m, Arteta £10m

IN: Digne Loan fee £45K p/m, Nainngolan £15m, Subotic £10m, Jovetic £18,5m

why did you even buy subotic? Wasted... Many people who play Arsenal dun even realized that in the first season of Arsenal... Defenders aren't even a problem... Mertesacker is super duper good. He always is a nominee for player of the year with a 8.8 average rating and like 9-10 POTM per season. Even if you do want to replace him, get kurt zouma... Vermaelen is also very very good. Pairing mertesacker with verm is just an obvious choice. Bringing subotic into the team isn't gonna add much quality to the team... At the very best, it adds your team depth... I would worry more about LB than CB if I were you. My European Champions Cup dream team after 3 seasons at arsenal... RB - Corchia, CB-Mertesacker and Verm, LB - Koscielny. Yes you can even train Koscielny into a LB... He works awesome as a LB. Also I bought corchia who is really really good. :) Awesome replacement for sagna.

Last edited:
Well, thanks for advice, I wanted one more CB for Arsenal, but Subotič isn't that bad, but I will see, talking about full backs, I agree, that's why I've got Digne on loan, he's LB, not bad choice,

So you are telling me, that I should get rid of Sagna?

Well, thanks for advice, I wanted one more CB for Arsenal, but Subotič isn't that bad, but I will see, talking about full backs, I agree, that's why I've got Digne on loan, he's LB, not bad choice,

So you are telling me, that I should get rid of Sagna?
No sagna is beast... But thing is it is up to you whether you want to get a replacement for him or not... He can go another 3-4 season from the start of your game playing at very high level. I only got replacement for sagna due to the fact at one point in my game he had a 6 months injuiry. You know old players don't really recover after that... so yep :( you can keep sagna :) he is awesome. Keep sagna and develop jenkinson if you can :) Many people said hes good but never actually tried. As for digne... I would say... If I were you, I would have went with david alaba... He way more beast than you can imagine... I hate ManU on my save for stealing alaba, neymar and garmash from me at the last minute... Right before I sign them... Grrrrr!!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks one more time, it's interesting to share experience FM13, I thought that Subotič would be good decision, so will see how the season will develop for my Arsenal.

It was a while when I played fm because of time, a lot work have to do, so can't play this amazing game.

So depending on results I will try to buy Corchia or another RB :)

really depends on you... Corchia I bought him because like arsene wenger... I love cheap buy... Got him for 7.5m and next season hes in the champions cup dream team... Best buy I had. I bought this regen who is very good in anchor man for 500k...Retrain him into CM... Now very highly rated and is only 18 years old. I bought ryan gauld... He is not someone I would recommend you to buy... He is good but suffers a lot due to his consistency... Anyway there is another RB you can look at... Mattia de scigllio or something... Not sure how his name goes. :)